Everything is OP! So that means...

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It’s no longer fun

Make things too strong it just becomes a crazy, flashy, spam-fest. Dodging, blocking skills will have much less meaning, timing your offensive skills becomes less of a tactic and combat will require much less thought, planning and strategy.

Your good actions become less rewarding and you are not punished for bad play, when everyone is OP the game becomes no fun to play.

Remember the old power creep? I’m not saying the old times where better, I am saying the stronger you make everyone the more unfun it becomes.

Attachments:

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

+1
And unfortunately, instead of fixing the overblown power creep from HoT, a-net embraces it in the next patch. So let’s buff warriors (the only one who were still balanced at a pre-HoT level) and thieves (DD is already above pre-HoT level) and let’s add some boon corrupt to reaper to counter the powercreeped amount of boons.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

+1
And unfortunately, instead of fixing the overblown power creep from HoT, a-net embraces it in the next patch. So let’s buff warriors (the only one who were still balanced at a pre-HoT level) and thieves (DD is already above pre-HoT level) and let’s add some boon corrupt to reaper to counter the powercreeped amount of boons.

It’s bad enough things are already very strong, but cooldowns are stupidly low.

Not to mention so many traits and concept designs among other things are lacking so much creativity.

At least PvE is still fun and will stay the ONLY fun place as the clusterkitten of a mess doesn’t affect your performance.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I have been preaching this for a long time. ANet needs to nerf everything across the board, including thieves (and maybe even warriors) rather than buff stuff.

Things should be balanced to some kind of level. For instance, before HoT D/D ele was dominant in 1v1’s, yet after the patch (with no nerf to d/d) it became merely a peasant against things like reaper, scrapper, tempest, chronomancer, and druid. Since the specialization patch, this game has been caught in runaway power-creep (a misnomer because creep is generally a slow phenomenon) to much harm overall. There was a time that I watched closely for specific animations, and considered how to actively respond to my opponents actions in order to win. Nowadays you get 90% of the effect by just spamming a rotation, with very few things worth dodging due to either being instant or poorly animated (no tells) or carrying a million auto-procs such that an auto-attack hits as hard as a “burst” skill.

But whatever, certain classes can’t keep up, so let’s just keep buffing everything!!

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

I have been preaching this for a long time. ANet needs to nerf everything across the board, including thieves (and maybe even warriors) rather than buff stuff.

Think about down the road, necromancer scepter will corrupt boons with it’s auto attack. In a way, that’s fine.

But as the game changes, the concept can become stupidly powerful or absolutely worthless. In a glassy meta, the change is pointless, no necromancer will run scepter as no one is trying to out bunker and pressure the necromancer to death.
But in a bunker meta, it turns necromancers into hardcounter gods making it too strong.

It’s a change SOLELY based on the current meta and not balance. They aren’t improving the function of the weapon, it’s just an answer for a CURRENT problem.

In other words, Guild Wars 2 PvP and Esport future is utterly screwed with ArenaNet. Unless they get a new balance team who doesn’t pull this crap.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Well OP, you’d have a point if Ancestral Grace and RTL were comparable. They are not. All Ele skills are balanced with one thing in mind, namely the fact that that Ele has a lot more skills in general to use because of attunements. So yeah, it can’t nor should it be as powerful as another class’ weapon skill.

I should also note that Deathly Chill doesn’t increase chill duration and that perma chill was always possible for Necro. Deathly Chill just makes it do damage. Your pic either needs to be changed to be correct or you should switch out the icon for Dread Shivers and Cold Shoulder.

Oh and I do remember Anets statement that they wanted Warriors to be naturally weak to conditions back in the day, so there’s that as well even if that design philosophy is done away with, mostly, it still lives on. So that ain’t a good comparison either.

in PvP

Posted by: Trinram.3708

Trinram.3708

There alot of thing broken right now the elite specialization power creep was real i really miss the core classes

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

lol, nice attachments. Sadly with what was previewed last week it was “buff the two classes that are whined about being UP”

But hey, shatter stone ele looks OP right? Right? [tumbleweeds]

in PvP

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

I end up feeling pretty silly when all my posts contain the terms “power creep” and “less skill-based combat”, but this really is the biggest thing pushing me away from the game at the moment.

I agree completely, OP. Also with you, Blackbeard. Cooldown management, skill/dodge timing etc. It’s all gone out the window.

I would expect a game so focused on esports to attempt to create as skillbased an environment as possible. Then again, as I recall, that’s what they thought they did to mesmer in the specialization update that made it super OP and easy to play…

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Its too late now. You should of spoken up 2 years ago.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

Guild Wars 2 HAS NO BALANCE and never really had
relax,this game is supposed to be played extremely casually

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

1. Anet should increase the cooldowns of every Skill/Utility by 10%-20% for every class (except maybe thief and warrior).

2. Reduce the uptime of every boon by 10%-20%

3. Reduce the uptime of every condi by 10%-20% (well maybe not this one)

That could be the first pass just to bring the power creep down. Then go deep and look into balancing better.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Is anyone still hopping that GW2 will ever be properly balanced.
As in being balanced at all?Ever?
We are talking about a MMO that has shared PvE and PvP balance,
made the Elite specs op in order to sell HoT,and sees PvP Espartz as a
means of advertising.
Hope dies last,but in this case it’s a long gone zombie.
Like the ones in the walking dead.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

1. Anet should increase the cooldowns of every Skill/Utility by 10%-20% for every class (except maybe thief and warrior).

That could be the first pass just to bring the power creep down. Then go deep and look into balancing better.

Pretty much. Risk/Reward factor is just gone.

The game doesn’t have to be balanced to be fun, top priority is making it fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

PvE players will cry lol, so it won’t be implemented.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

99% of PVE is pretty much AFK easy so i don’t really agree. (raids are an exception)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

99% of PVE is pretty much AFK easy so i don’t really agree. (raids are an exception)

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
This.
In PvE, the only boons worth while is Quickness and Alacity.

My ele can get 1 minutes of regeneration, vigor, fury and swiftness in PvE. 25 stacks of might feels like nothing, protections doesn’t feeling like it makes an impact, retaliation is worthless.

It’s already uber-overkill.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

+1

If Warriors couldnt sustain the bunker meta, what makes you think they’ll sustain the coming damage meta with all the bunkers gone? XD

Other than the increase to sustain what’s been offered to Warriors to look forward to so far is cleaning up skill animation/aftercasts etc, and reducing CD’s so warrior isnt reliant on weapon cd’s.

It’s not power creep so much as quality of life for warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

/15disagreements

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

/15disagreements

Aaaand it is no longer fun.

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

Meaning its only fun if its OP.

/thread

Liaison for [Teef]

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Meaning its only fun if its OP.

/thread

-.- huh?

in PvP

yolo swaggins.2570

If everything is OP, nothing is OP.
If nothing is OP, nothing is fun.

People have fun when they are using OP stuff as seen with the most recent meta.

Liaison for [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Mystle.4538

Mystle.4538

So let me understand this. Currently thieves are unpopular because they are not popular in this meta. Anet proceeds to address this by nerfing unkillable builds to semi killable builds and improved thief damage. The patch has not even come out yet and people are already assuming it’s going to be ridiculous. Have you guys seen necros? I am honestly curious and just confused right now. So what is it that people actually want? You say balance but balance is actually a process, not instant. At this point, I can’t help but think everyone is just complaining for the sake of complaining.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I end up feeling pretty silly when all my posts contain the terms “power creep” and “less skill-based combat”, but this really is the biggest thing pushing me away from the game at the moment.

If you’re complaining about this game not being skill based and having too much power creep, you’re going to be in a world of pain if you ever go to other mmos. I’ve played a number of mmos and gw2 has the most complex and skill based combat system I have ever seen in a mmo.

And yes, HOT introduced some level of power creep, but lets be realistic the amount of power creep introduced by HOT is so marginal compared to other mmo’s expansions, like seriously in SW:TOR’s recent KoTFE expac high-end critical hits went from 10-15k to 20-30k and every single melee class gained a leap or a shadowstep and every ranged class got a additional disengage or teleport.

I really think too many people on this forum have been playing this game soo long that they have forgotten what the rest of the market is like.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

PvP is just one big mess of explosions, knockbacks, immobilizers, and burst damage all on low cooldowns.

There is no real time to consistently plan and/or pull-off strategy. This is really sad, and frustrating.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

If you’re complaining about this game not being skill based and having too much power creep, you’re going to be in a world of pain if you ever go to other mmos. I’ve played a number of mmos and gw2 has the most complex and skill based combat system I have ever seen in a mmo.

And yes, HOT introduced some level of power creep, but lets be realistic the amount of power creep introduced by HOT is so marginal compared to other mmo’s expansions, like seriously in SW:TOR’s recent KoTFE expac high-end critical hits went from 10-15k to 20-30k and every single melee class gained a leap or a shadowstep and every ranged class got a additional disengage or teleport.

I really think too many people on this forum have been playing this game soo long that they have forgotten what the rest of the market is like.

That’s like saying I live in a totally brutal dictatorship country, but I’m glad I don’t live in the country next door. Saying it isn’t as bad doesn’t make it somehow better.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

PvP is just one big mess of explosions, knockbacks, immobilizers, and burst damage all on low cooldowns.

There is no real time to consistently plan and/or pull-off strategy. This is really sad, and frustrating.

Two words: Power Creep.

They didn’t design most elite specializations correctly in the slightest bit.