etc…

Is it a credit card issue? a l2p issue?
give me a solution!

(edited by Nina.4317)

Everything is better than core build

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Look up a definition to the word “elite”….

You need to buy HoT to keep up like the rest of us

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I honestly think core DPS rampage warrior is better than berserker (power or condi). In PvP, STR/DEF/DISC offers too much for me to swap to berserker….Rest of the professions I agree with the exception of condi rev.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Just wait til 2 xpacs from now. Every profession will have 3 OP builds to pick from!

… in 2020

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I honestly think core DPS rampage warrior is better than berserker (power or condi). In PvP, STR/DEF/DISC offers too much for me to swap to berserker….Rest of the professions I agree with the exception of condi rev.

Even the condi rev still uses herald (and the shield). They just don’t use Glint.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Wrong!!!!!

Old school warrior still better then new school

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: thebatman.6250

thebatman.6250

that didn’t prove anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

they want to sell hot -> they make elites OP so people are forced to buy xpac if they want to have chance at leagues … gw2 is p2win, pretty simple really

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

tbh I hate the berserker mechanic, and I don’t like berserker’s trait either, but I love the elite and the breakstun too much to play base warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Builds with elite as a choice will almost always overshadow builds without elite as a choice, because the elite mechanic is flawed. 6 choices for 3 slots is better than 5 choices for 3 slots. Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

The game is and has always been buy 2 play. If you want to play the current version of the game, you have to buy it.

The problem is Anet wants people to still be able to play with their friends while simultaneously creating a competitive pvp environment. So they kept everyone together in sPvP because they put “play with your friends” first. It’s the same reason ambers can queue with legendaries.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

However, it seems like they severely underestimated the effect on the “competitive” pvp environment.

Ranked is more toxic and at the same time far worse quality than I’ve ever seen before.

in PvP

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Wrong!!!!!

Old school warrior still better then new school

Then you face a necro / rev that isn’t brain dead, waits 8 seconds for zerk stance to go aaand… dead warrior. On necro i’ll argue it’s pretty hard if you start off at 0% LF, but for the rev it’s just so kitten easy with the blocks, evades and the stab on demand.

What you’ve proven (as anyone showing off as a warrior) is that you’ve encountered bad players and got praised for it.

PS : Hammer isn’t even in ranked, so it’s either hotjoin or unranked, where nobody plays seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I still play pew pew ranger. I did not ask for a bloody tank or healer. I wanted an archer so I am and will be playing one.

Yes new elites are powerful and anet assured us that they wouldnt be op, just new flavors. They failed miserably. You can still take down elites with some old specs if your opponents are less skilled than you.

btw I did or will not buy hot. There are no new specs that I would like to try. For me they ruined most of my fav professions power balance

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

No need to play HOT builds kids,

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

I still play pew pew ranger. I did not ask for a bloody tank or healer. I wanted an archer so I am and will be playing one.

Yes new elites are powerful and anet assured us that they wouldnt be op, just new flavors. They failed miserably. You can still take down elites with some old specs if your opponents are less skilled than you.

btw I did or will not buy hot. There are no new specs that I would like to try. For me they ruined most of my fav professions power balance

Archers archetype is now guardians, didn’t you get the memo ?

in PvP

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

Good one +1

Recycling my old post here:

It should be that with the expansion you have more options than with the core game. Just options, not better ones but equal. The options themselfes should not be more powerful, the power comes with combinations. If you have more options you can create counters against those that don’t have options and you can adapt better to different gamemodes and styles.

So, a build with an elite spec should not be more powerful in every siuation than core build. But with elite spec you can adapt to a spesific situation and be better than core build, not because elitespec is more powerfull, but because it is better suited for the task.

To further make a point I take an example from another game, Planetside 2. In planetside you can buy guns with real money, those guns are not upgrades, but rather sidegrades compared to the default guns. So is planetside 2 pay to win? Some argue that no because you can’t buy power. I would argue that on some level it is P2W because you can buy options, if you have every gun in the game you can adapt to the situation at hand. If you want to storm an enemy point indoors you take a gun that exels at short range. On a field you want a gun that is accurate and doesn’t lose damage on long distance. You see how this works, if you have more options you can adapt better than those that don’t have those options.

I do own HOT and I still believe that expansion should not give more power to those who buy it, at least not directly, just more options.

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

With 1200 range and heavy armor? Do not think so

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

i prefer shatter mesmer to chrono . i find it more effective in this bunker meta

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

they want to sell hot -> they make elites OP so people are forced to buy xpac if they want to have chance at leagues … gw2 is p2win, pretty simple really

So you are essentially saying Colin J lied?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3opycg/arenanet_unveil_the_future_of_competitive_guild/cvzfp12

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I play marauder druid, with considerable success when I’m able to keep to 1v1s and 2v2s. Ancient seeds is an extremely powerful trait when used properly, smokescales are awesome, and natural stride offers very nice mobility.