Everything that is wrong with sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

I have tried very hard to enjoy sPvP in GW2 coming from a very heavy PvE background. I try even though I get nothing of any value out of it whatsoever. I don’t want the armor or weapons. You can keep the titles I like mine. I like my twisted finisher i don’t need another.

Then I get put on teams with people 40 lvls above me that rip me apart and make the entire situation completely miserable.

I even get hate from my own team while i’m still learning making me not even want to play. I don’t blame them. Why do they want a rank 15 when everyone else is 50+ I just hurt the team and it frustrates everyone.

I don’t even want to win all the time. I just want some really close fun matches.

I really hope this gets addressed very soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

which mode are you playing in?

hotjoin? (via pvp game browser)
solo arena?
team arena?

if you are looking for some casual pvp fun, go play in the hotjoin servers.
i think most people there do not care a lot about winning or losing the match.

many just goes in there and wanna crack some skulls.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well, if it was hot join, just go to a different game.

If it is solo or team arena, it is by nature of a broken leaderboard. That leaderboard needs fixing.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Well, if it was hot join, just go to a different game.

If it is solo or team arena, it is by nature of a broken leaderboard. That leaderboard needs fixing.

well, for me, casual pvp fun can be found more often in hotjoin, not solo arena or team arena.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

There needs to be different leagues like what we would see in starcraft. There is no reason why a new player should be randomly playing against people 40 levels above them and vice versa – anet have made an egregious error on this. I’m sorry OP for your experiences in spvp, and I hope they get fixed sooner rather than later (though I’m not holding my breath). You’re right though, the matchmaking system needs to be better organized and it’s one of the things many people on these forums have a right to complain about.

Even hotjoin is a mess.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

If you are playing Solo queue get good, if not roll another match on hot join

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I was in several team arenas today with people in the single digit to teens rank. Like quite a few. It seems really weird these people are getting thrown in with people in the 30s, 40s.

in PvP

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

I play spvp in this days too, as an engineer.
I strongly dislike the fotm builds of the moment, there is no blance in this game atm, so i play the builds i like and try to find something not overpowered but still efficent.
The results? When my team lose in soloQ i get the worst insults i can have…..for a game…lol.
How much do i care? A lot…the more insults i get the more fun i have.The fun is to see em rage because they care so much of win every time.
I’m 30/40 as rank, so i get ranked with the most competitive ppls….
In the end, play for the fun, try to make your best to let ur team win, with the builds/characters u prefer.
Make fun of negative comments, or ignore em , may be use guild chat to don’t read if they hurt you.
Every competitive game is toxic…when ppls lose they rage.That’s what happen in every single competitive game.
Plus….the spvp comunity is really small,so you will meet every time the same ppls…get used to it.
The last chance you have is to check some guide/video on the overpowered builds/class all play, and do the same.
None of this builds require any special effort, so it’s easy to learn and adapt.There will be no difference from you and a rank 60 after some practice.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)