Excess of negativity

Excess of negativity

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Some criticism is necessary both for an individual and organization, without it we would potentially never see any improvement. Unfortunately what I see on these forums is nothing like criticism, what I see is a collection of unconstructive posts jotted down in anger and frustration, it’d be better if people would communicate their idea in a coherent and civil manner, never forgetting that their opinion is not the absolute truth and as such it will be contested by other people as it should.
The forums used to be fun to read, now it’s all doom and gloom….a shame really, many features we see today were suggested by posts during the years, now I don’t see how the devs will ever be able to find good meeting discussion material with all this negativity.

My apologies for any grammar mistake, eng not really my 1st lang.

Excess of negativity

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

But everyone is right and better than everyone else on their pug team. Ugh…Y U no see dis.

Ok but seriously, Yes too much negativity & whining. A post or 2 about each topic would be good and sufficient. Not 50 posts in a month about the same thing. People should browse before posting and read the results of anthers thread on the same subject.

The thing I can’t stand to see is the same person literally posting a thread about the same exact thing 4 times a month. Keep the same thread going…no need for new QQ on the same QQ.

People get tired of reading the same thing over and over again…

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Excess of negativity

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Very few features were actually implemented by the community because when they were asking for them on the forums they were basic QoL issues, some of which still aren’t solved today (/resign or /forfeit, /an actual observer mode (trollface), etc.). Most of the forum posters that I have seen have been more or less the same people posting for the past 2 years and the entire pvp forum at the start was active with people giving legitimate suggestions to improve the pvp atmosphere. (There were many more stickys on the top of the pvp forums, but they are gone now? I could be wrong since I haven’t checked lately if they were merged)

So what happened to all the suggestions? You can be cynical and say “anet you bad we suggested this 2 years ago,” but as far as I have been aware, the pvp team is still a small group of developers compared to pve/ (wvw?), this never meant that the pvp team doesn’t hear our suggestions, they do, but when you have limited resources pushing out: QoL improvements, major balance changes happening only 1-2 times per year, people got tired and all you have left on forums are people that enjoy playing the game but hate that no progress (not true) has been made towards the state of the game. The expansion will most likely bring some old pvp corpses back, but it still falls on the devs hands to not wait another…(1-2 balance patches per yr or 2 years for an expansion).

edit: I should have added that if you aren’t happy with the game now and don’t have any other responsibilities besides work, it’s time to take a break.

Excess of negativity

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Some criticism is necessary both for an individual and organization, without it we would potentially never see any improvement. Unfortunately what I see on these forums is nothing like criticism, what I see is a collection of unconstructive posts jotted down in anger and frustration, it’d be better if people would communicate their idea in a coherent and civil manner, never forgetting that their opinion is not the absolute truth and as such it will be contested by other people as it should.
The forums used to be fun to read, now it’s all doom and gloom….a shame really, many features we see today were suggested by posts during the years, now I don’t see how the devs will ever be able to find good meeting discussion material with all this negativity.

Even if english isn’t your first language, you still wrote out one of the most coherent diagnoses of the forums I’ve seen in a while. The only thing I’d like to correct is that it always has been doom and gloom.

The forums are such a mess that not even developers can take them seriously (if they ever did). The community itself needs to clean up its act. If your opinion isn’t solidly based from your in-game experience then please be silent.If you aren’t willing to accept that your words are likely to be read by actual people who work on this game for a living then you need to understand that you’re drowning out the critics that actually want this game to improve.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Excess of negativity

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Even if english isn’t your first language, you still wrote out one of the most coherent diagnoses of the forums I’ve seen in a while. The only thing I’d like to correct is that it always has been doom and gloom.

The forums are such a mess that not even developers can take them seriously (if they ever did). The community itself needs to clean up its act. If your opinion isn’t solidly based from your in-game experience then please be silent.If you aren’t willing to accept that your words are likely to be read by actual people who work on this game for a living then you need to understand that you’re drowning out the critics that actually want this game to improve.

The forums are a pool of players that have been grinding the same thing over and over (I should add less than the 1% of pvp’ers), whether they competed in weeklies/automated or not, people wanted what the pvp developers promised (pvp ladder tiers) but we all know the low population doesn’t sustain this.

Even you slightly became bitter because you wanted the game to succeed, it largely failed on its promises (after the entire gw1 pvp team left gw2). It’s fine to be optimistic, but the devs haven’t shown any good faith in 2.5 years to justify the slow progression besides their upper management (shots fired).

Excess of negativity

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

The forums are a pool of players that have been grinding the same thing over and over (I should add less than the 1% of pvp’ers), whether they competed in weeklies/automated or not, people wanted what the pvp developers promised (pvp ladder tiers) but we all know the low population doesn’t sustain this.

Even you slightly became bitter because you wanted the game to succeed, it largely failed on its promises (after the entire gw1 pvp team left gw2). It’s fine to be optimistic, but the devs haven’t shown any good faith in 2.5 years to justify the slow progression besides their upper management (shots fired).

I wouldn’t say I’m an optimist, I’m more a realist. The pace of development has been increasing. Things that the forums have begged for have been answered, and now we find ourselves with players that actually have money on the mind.

We’re on the brink… If you keep your hopes up I’m sure good things will happen

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!