Exchange Amulets for armor / weapon slots

in PvP

Posted by: Messor.9520

Messor.9520

So I was playing pvp, noticing the amulet changes, why not do away with them entirely, and use slots based on gear, 6 for armor, 6 for assorted trinkets (or just 6 for armor) so that you can have a better build for what you want to do?
In pve/wvw, my reaper has dire and soldier gear, specs (main power/condi, sub tough/vit) and I would like to try my rev with a similar set up before choosing gear to buy, but cant test it’s mettle

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I believe before the Spvp overhaul, u can somewhat customize your amulet, but Anet think it was a bad idea. So now we have pre-select stats amulet which is so kittenty imo.
BRING BACK CELESTIAL AMULET !!!

in PvP

Posted by: Permafrost.2695

Permafrost.2695

So I was playing pvp, noticing the amulet changes, why not do away with them entirely, and use slots based on gear, 6 for armor, 6 for assorted trinkets (or just 6 for armor) so that you can have a better build for what you want to do?

Because ANET specifically decided balance was too difficult unless they could make sweeping changes by adding or deleting static amulets. Once upon a time, sPvP did have some elements of customization. Unfortunately for the purposes of your request, I doubt they will choose to go backwards in their development process.