Exciting fact about the mlg finals!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

There were more AI controlled characters in the final of the MLG than there were human controlled characters. Also the Ai controlled characters were generally larger than their human controlled counterparts.

Human players = 10
Ai = 12 spirits + 3 pet= 15

#theAiEsport

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Was the counting done by Ai?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Did the team with the most Ai win?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I didn’t get a chance to watch any of the matches.

How did S/D thieves generate so many pets?

I mean, it’s the most broken weapon set on the most broken class with the hands down most OP skill in the game, the one with no counterplay options that evades everything, so I imagine it was mostly bunkers and S/D thieves.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Nope. That’s the ironic part!

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

silvermember.8941

So the team with the most Ai did not win, what does that say about the point the OP is attempting to make?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

So the team with the most Ai did not win, what does that say about the point the OP is attempting to make?

It doesn’t necessarily say anything. For it to say what you are indicating you would have to assume equal skill level on both teams and that the outcome was purely class based. The sad fact of the matter is that despite being so called “nerfed” people at the higher end of the game still feel that spirit rangers are very strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Depends how you want to define “most AI”.

Denial spawned more AI in the course of the match due to Helseth running Mesmer, but SYNC had 2 Rangers if I remember correctly.

Ultimately I don’t think the answer to your question really matters as the 2 comps that make the finals of every tourney are loaded with AI dependent specs. I’m not hating on the players… the game. There is too much value in cluttering the battlefield with AI bodies, and changing that will take a pretty big swing in philosophy.

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I think the OP is trying to point out that players relying on AI too much in GW2 PvP, which we can all think about and agree is the case with certain builds.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

silvermember.8941

It doesn’t necessarily say anything. For it to say what you are indicating you would have to assume equal skill level on both teams and that the outcome was purely class based. The sad fact of the matter is that despite being so called “nerfed” people at the higher end of the game still feel that spirit rangers are very strong.

I am not necessarily arguing that some of the Ai based builds are not too easy. I am asking because the OP implied ai=win and if the edvience he uses says otherwise, the OP doesn’t have a leg to stand. (still doesn’t change the fact that ai are too powerful though). This goes to show to a small extend that a good team can beat an Ai team.

But I will say that, the class with the type of Aoe that could make AI useless is currently out of meta because the whole class sucks and the weapon that could do the deed also sucks.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I am robot watched the final lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

I have no idea why this is surprising since it only takes one ranger to have as much AI as an entire team

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Most players seem to forget that the petting zoo has an impressive history in the GuildWars series. Starting with IWAY, over the introduction of the Ritualist, Natural Renewal builds to the popularity of beastmaster rangers with RaO.

Ironically, I haven’t heard a single complaint about AI during my GW days.

Tz tz

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

‘Exciting fact about the mlg finals!’
is that it probably wasn’t one bit exciting.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

I didn’t get a chance to watch any of the matches.

How did S/D thieves generate so many pets?

I mean, it’s the most broken weapon set on the most broken class with the hands down most OP skill in the game, the one with no counterplay options that evades everything, so I imagine it was mostly bunkers and S/D thieves.

In this meta? are you kidding me? s/d wasnt even used that much. All s/d needs is a 2 skill change and every other thief build sucks. Plus there are so many more OP builds as you can tell by the post…

in PvP

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Irony is s/d thief wasn’t used in finals at all… I don’t know if this guy was just ironic or simply whine for the sake of whine…

Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

There were more AI controlled characters in the final of the MLG than there were human controlled characters. Also the Ai controlled characters were generally larger than their human controlled counterparts.

Human players = 10
Ai = 12 spirits + 3 pet= 15

#theAiEsport

You forgot the mesmer clones.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Most players seem to forget that the petting zoo has an impressive history in the GuildWars series. Starting with IWAY, over the introduction of the Ritualist, Natural Renewal builds to the popularity of beastmaster rangers with RaO.

Ironically, I haven’t heard a single complaint about AI during my GW days.

Except no one is complaining about bringing 1 pet… aka iWay and RaO. They’re complaining about the ridiculous pull-out-4-spirits and spam evades on cd builds.

No one said iWay took skill. Some were better at it than others but the whole thing was laughable and people got hated on for running that cheese.

RaO was never complained about (much) because while it was an easy class to run, it wasn’t based on spamming CD’s but rather timing interrupts and training appropriately.

Bringing 1 pet is a lot different than using all 3 utilities and your elite to bring aoe passives that steam-roll most every non-AI build.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

They have already announced an incoming spirit ranger nerf I though.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

They have already announced an incoming spirit ranger nerf I though.

Don’t think so. They are just buffing their health in pve. In reality they should be making the res spirit not activate on death (most lame and annoying thing in gw2 by far – when it times out with 3 enemy down and resses them all I want to smash something). And all other spirits/minions should have a 30% health decrease. And yes, I play necro. I want my own class nerfed because I don’t want this AI clutter BS that anet seem to love with a passion.

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Except no one is complaining about bringing 1 pet… aka iWay and RaO. They’re complaining about the ridiculous pull-out-4-spirits and spam evades on cd builds.

No one said iWay took skill. Some were better at it than others but the whole thing was laughable and people got hated on for running that cheese.

RaO was never complained about (much) because while it was an easy class to run, it wasn’t based on spamming CD’s but rather timing interrupts and training appropriately.

Bringing 1 pet is a lot different than using all 3 utilities and your elite to bring aoe passives that steam-roll most every non-AI build.

What has spamming evades to do with minions? Nothing. In the first GuildWars there had been more npc involved into the fights, yet nobody complained. Most of builds mentioned brought 3 – 5 NPCs into the fight, Ritualist spike and Jagged Bones builds even more. In GvG additional NPCs moved to flagstand once VoD started.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with minions or AI. The poor target system of GW2 is the problem, not the minions.

Tz tz

in PvP

Posted by: besaah.2516

besaah.2516

Nothing. In the first GuildWars there had been more npc involved into the fights, yet nobody complained.

that’s not true at all.
there were tons of complains. vod has been changed time and time again because of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

No one plays gw2 anymore, so they buff AI builds so the mists look crowded.

#GW2Fact

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

No one plays gw2 anymore, so they buff AI builds so the mists look crowded.

#GW2Fact

LOL