Expansion Worth buying for spvp players ?

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

What do you guys think ? I for one have been playing gw2 on and off since head start and mostly do spvp and can’t think of any good reason of buying the expansion just for the spvp aspect which has been plagued by balance issues and flavor of the month builds since i can remember. Anyone can give me a good reason to buy the expansion just for this aspect of the game ?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Personally, taking into account connectivity failure and latest “perfect” based on metrics if I’m not mistaken, matchmakings, I’m still thinking if I should open wallet and take out money to purchase so much hyped expansion.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

^ and how they do balance i will not waste any more time on this crap. Even if its supposed to be sub free i value my time too much. Not to mention the waiting time for match to happen or useless clicking on pve rewards.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s only 1 new map, so depending how much you are willing to spend on a single map.
As a comparison A CoD map pack containing 4 maps usually between 5 and 7$.

Not sure I would pay 30$ for a single map if the PvE content didn’t interest me.

Also the “Kryta look” make it seem like unused content has been recycled. Can’t believe that after 3 years they didn’t came up with a better setting for a new map, like perhaps something inspired of Silverwaste of Dry Top?

in PvP

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

The new map isn’t going to be a paid feature. Everyone gets access to Stronghold.

What is a paid feature is the new specializations. So, if you want to experiment with new builds, that will be the way to do so. But if you aren’t the kind to experiment and only want to play builds that other people made, then it’s a risk to purchase.

Also, if you like the game, support it. If you don’t, there are other games out there.

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

after seeing what they have accomplished in the last 2 years i dont think i have faith that they will start fixing core things all of the sudden.

like MMR
like leaderboards
and a rewards based on skill

they seem afraid to make this game anything other than casual

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Fool me once, shame on you fool me twice, shame on me, fool me 1.536.690 times, there is no way in hell I’ll spend another cent with this game.

We all know by now how they work and if some of you are hyped, you better buckle up cuz when reality crashes in your face it won’t be pretty.

in PvP

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

If you really have a problem with the direction of the game, take a break and come back when something you deem acceptable has been released. Until then, the PvP forum already has enough negativity without you spamming it with expansion-related qualms.