Expansion won't be worth it

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

If you are a pvp minded person in this game. PvP i dead the cheat squad killed the NA pvp side plus a stale single style map. Yes you will have shiny new specs that will do more damage then what the last expansion did but.. Still dance in and around circles. Die and you must runnn back to dance around or in circles more.

PvP in gw2 is dead and has been since around season 5. Unranked is more fun these days and even hotjoin. Ranked is a toxic place ( a bit better after cheater fixes not but too late ) that trolls thrive in.

The pve and story will probably be great! I mean sounds like massive maps with mounts but pvp will be left to die while they sell fancy new mount skins in the gem store.

There has to be a better pvp game out there but i’ve looked at them all and there isn’t much choice for even match pvp such as gw2. If gw2 had pvp like gw1 there would never have been a issue.

I’m excited but not excited.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Ive lost hype with the direction the game has taken in the last 2 years from HOT and even before HOT with the June 2015 build which butchered balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Alatar.7364

Alatar.7364

If you are a pvp minded person in this game. PvP i dead the cheat squad killed the NA pvp side plus a stale single style map. Yes you will have shiny new specs that will do more damage then what the last expansion did but.. Still dance in and around circles. Die and you must runnn back to dance around or in circles more.

PvP in gw2 is dead and has been since around season 5. Unranked is more fun these days and even hotjoin. Ranked is a toxic place ( a bit better after cheater fixes not but too late ) that trolls thrive in.

The pve and story will probably be great! I mean sounds like massive maps with mounts but pvp will be left to die while they sell fancy new mount skins in the gem store.

There has to be a better pvp game out there but i’ve looked at them all and there isn’t much choice for even match pvp such as gw2. If gw2 had pvp like gw1 there would never have been a issue.

I’m excited but not excited.

I am tired and bored of all-time pessimist like you. Thinking you must share your negativity on forums for everyone to see, like anybody cared what your opinion is, you are not helping anything with that pointless unsound negativity just scaring new players away and then it is just one step away from whining about dead community. Not mentioning how freaking ungraceful it is toward Anets work to flame unreleased new content already.

Congratulations on this post of yours…

~I Aear cân ven na mar

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

There will be two Elite specializzations and that will bring on the table a LOT of Build Diversity!
That will make players able to make a lot of different builds, play in different ways and the matches will be always different.

Actually if you see a warrior is at 100% Berserker and at 90% use a Power build. If we obtain a new elite we will see different builds, different ways to play the same class.

I see for sPvP a great future in terms of build diversity and fun, but for shure there’s different problems that can’t be fixed easy like the troll community, the lack of players that force the MM to pair noob and pro players to fight in frequently unbalanced matches (still if I did a lot of really balanced matches in the last month). And the Ranked will always be really Toxic. everyone want to win and if there’s someone that play to have fun and not only to win he can find bad in that enviroment. In that Unranked grant you more fun if you like to play and don’t pretend to win every single match.

That expansion can bring good news for sPvP and I hope for the better.
We have only to ways and see.

in PvP

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

the expansion will be worth it if they just remove battle at champions dusk and replace it … that map is the worst

u may not like standing in circles but that map is not the answer .. it is like a terrible remake of a moba

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

@Alatar.7364

“I’m excited but not excited.”

I did say that but as i stated yes the content will be fun but if you are a pvp player. Anet has said nothing new will change in pvp with map wise so it will be the same old stale pvp. Yes i do enjoy PvE and the story line from it but… I need something more stimulating then fighting computer generated mobs hence why i enjoy pvp.

A shiny new spec for each class with more damage doesn’t help pvp. New map styles or just moving on from a failed stale map type would benefit pvp more.

Btw i could care less about your opinion so good for you, want a cookie?

Silv.9207

The thing is anet doesn’t seem to want to budge from making the most un competitive map style they have as the main pvp style. New builds may refresh it for a year but then it will die again due to it being well forced conquest..

Hey Caveman anything but the failed “esl” map type. Least in TDM or Stronghold you have a chance to carry a team when solo que due to strategic value. In conq its hey 1 teef or mes rotates around with speed or portals while everyone else zergs mid.

They made a map with speed required then made a broken speedster lol silly anet. I can jump on the teef i made at gw2 start and win ez but its too boring on teef playing circle dancing maps.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

There will be two Elite specializzations and that will bring on the table a LOT of Build Diversity!
That will make players able to make a lot of different builds, play in different ways and the matches will be always different.

Actually if you see a warrior is at 100% Berserker and at 90% use a Power build. If we obtain a new elite we will see different builds, different ways to play the same class.

I see for sPvP a great future in terms of build diversity and fun, but for shure there’s different problems that can’t be fixed easy like the troll community, the lack of players that force the MM to pair noob and pro players to fight in frequently unbalanced matches (still if I did a lot of really balanced matches in the last month). And the Ranked will always be really Toxic. everyone want to win and if there’s someone that play to have fun and not only to win he can find bad in that enviroment. In that Unranked grant you more fun if you like to play and don’t pretend to win every single match.

That expansion can bring good news for sPvP and I hope for the better.
We have only to ways and see.

What build diversity ? I like playing tanks, heals, attrition and in general tactical over spammy DPS. I prefer to play and toy with my opponents which is now impossible due to nothing but DPS in one form or another.

Unless they bring back amulets, then what build diversity ? New condi for new elite for extra DPS ? New power based attack for new elite for extra bursty (even way more then it is now) DPS ?

Please do tell about this build diversity, because as I see it it will be DPS or DPS or New DPS or New DPS. Maybe add more dodges and evades so that all of us will be like evade thieves ? Is this what you mean by diversity ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I recently returned after a year’kittenus and after having played two three days of spvp again I have to admit I see OP’s points. Theres some new larger maps added which is nice, but the spvp-5man mentality is limiting. I read some recent reply from a dev where anet gonna stick with 5v5 cuz its balanced around that, but this is the same thing we heard ever since the beginning.
Obviously spvp isnt in the best state nor has it ever been, why not take note of that and listen to your community and make changes based on that and not on whats right in your head. Look at Overwatch for example, that game is top notch because you have this simple free thing called communication, actual communication between players and devs where they talk about whats working and whats actually fun. How many times do we have to beat the dead horse, be more open minded and dont be afraid to try new things. PvP is has not yet seen its full potential as we are locked in this capture and hold points-5v5 style. Start from there and work your way down.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore