Explain how this is fair

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Lich Form: This skill is now considered a spectral skill and grants 15% life force when it ends. Reduced duration of this skill to 15 seconds (previously 20).

Spectral Mastery: Reduces recharge of spectral skills by 20% and increases duration by 50%. Additionally, when you activate a spectral skill you gain 5% life force.

Rampage is now a physical skill with this trait:

Peak Performance: Reduces the recharge of Physical skills by 20%. Physical skills deal 10% more damage for each bar of adrenaline you have accrued.

Yet you didn’t nerf its duration or cooldown to compensate like you did with lich form. Rampage is already annoying. Like you nerf stuff on necro in case it will be OP before you release it. But stuff that is clearly going to be broken you just release on other classes. Double standards and necro hate I am afraid sorry!

Also how is this going to be fair vs necros or hammer warriors:

Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 4 seconds when you burn them. This effect has a 3 second internal cooldown.

Burning Precision: Critical hits have a 33% chance to cause 2 seconds of burning. Burning duration is increased by 20%.

This is absurd and going to be so frustrating to fight against. Blind is really annoying. Really really annoying. And getting passive procced by perma blinds is terrible design.

Why not make stuff fun to FIGHT AGAINST as well as fun to fight with?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Why not make stuff fun to FIGHT AGAINST as well as fun to fight with?

They do make things fun to fight against. On Necros.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Power Necro vs. DPS Warr? If stun lock is your problem, learn to use the Foot in the Grave. You won’t miss the 50% crit rate from DS when you already hit like a truck with the procs. If Rampage is your problem? L2Fleshwurm.

But all in all, I don’t see a power necro getting away vs. a good comp with a DPS warr I guess.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Your point is valid, and in the stream (well, at least what we could see) they specifically said they would be watching these points closely for balance. So yeah, your concern is unneeded. Balances will happen as a case by case basis, maybe Linch will get a buff maybe Rampage will get a nerf, we and the dev’s don’t know what the changes need to be until the patch actually goes live.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Your point is valid, and in the stream (well, at least what we could see) they specifically said they would be watching these points closely for balance. So yeah, your concern is unneeded. Balances will happen as a case by case basis, maybe Linch will get a buff maybe Rampage will get a nerf, we and the dev’s don’t know what the changes need to be until the patch actually goes live.

They will watch them for 18 months then do a 8% nerf? Awesome :P

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yeah I trust them but not with necro.

3 more years to go.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

This is the way they are with warrior. Warrior always has a separate standard. Even what they were initially designed to be weak against - conditions - they now shrug off like it’s nothing. ANet know this too, because they changed the description of the warrior class, removing "weak to conditions."

When Ride the Lightning was nerfed, Rush was left alone. When skills on dodge were nerfed, Reckless Dodge was left alone (or was it buffed? I can’t remember). Now Lich Form, which is easy to deal with when you have a thief, reflects, or enough burst, gets adjusted in light of new trait and skill facts - a change I think is fair, by the way - yet Rampage which is harder to deal with due to the natural tankiness of the warrior, the fact its damage can’t be reflected, and it has a lot of cc, is left alone despite the same case: new traits and skill facts will make it much stronger.

Edit for clarity: Spectral Attunement would have allowed for 30sec Lich Form, so the duration of Lich Form was reduced. Peak Performance allows for a 30% stronger Rampage, so similarly, the damage of Rampage should be addressed, not the duration of the transformation.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

Because Anet has such a stellar performance record on that front.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

They removed 1 stack of stab from rampage. It’s a good change (for stronghold too).It’s not really hard to interrupt a rampage war with only 2 stab stacks and it’ very vulnerable to condis (blind especially, a thief d/p can troll u if he is decent)

But honestly i’m more scared about AoE MoA (with super short CD) to nullify Lich, Rampage , Tornado etc. + Necro minions.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Explain how this is fair?

CuZ!………. Arena said So!!!! ;P

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

When Ride the Lightning was nerfed, Rush was left alone.

Let’s be honest, Rush could never hit anything until recent patch. It would always be on higher cd, whether you tried to hit something or not ^^.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Impact.2780

Let’s be honest, Rush could never hit anything until recent patch. It would always be on higher cd, whether you tried to hit something or not ^^.

Irrelevant. Ride the Lightning was nerfed for being used without a target for mobility.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Harrier.9380

Irrelevant. Ride the Lightning was nerfed for being used without a target for mobility.

It is relevant, because you can still get lower cd if you hit something. Which would’ve been impossible with Rush.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

They removed 1 stack of stab from rampage. It’s a good change (for stronghold too).It’s not really hard to interrupt a rampage war with only 2 stab stacks and it’ very vulnerable to condis (blind especially, a thief d/p can troll u if he is decent)

But honestly i’m more scared about AoE MoA (with super short CD) to nullify Lich, Rampage , Tornado etc. + Necro minions.

Lol, like anyone in the past year ever bothered to use Tornado. The engi would actually be doing you a favour if he ended the tranform for ya.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

You literally only need 4 auto attack from lich to kill a zerker war.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Impact.2780

It is relevant, because you can still get lower cd if you hit something. Which would’ve been impossible with Rush.

Irrelevant, because that wasn’t their reason for not giving it the same treatment. If it was, they would have applied the change – which is already written – to Rush upon making it hit reliably. Yet, it’s not even listed to be in the upcoming patch. Regardless, picking one instance won’t undermine the premise, because it is not the only occurrence of warriors having a separate standard.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Harrier.9380

I agree, it’s not. Problem is, this double standard is only applied to the build(s) devs play. Everything else gets butchered. Right now they might as well rename the class to Shoutbot.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Both warriors and necros got kittented on with the new balance changes, so i don’t see the point of this thread.

Complain about mesmer and Ele, and Engi buffs like everyone else.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Ah Henry you were thanking the Devs for the changes and now you’re back to your old stuff a day later.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I main necromancer and I am fine with the changes. There were some unwarranted changes but for the most part we received good buffs. Everything you see in this core specialization is setting up the reaper for mayhem.

With regards to lich form duration nerf, I don’t even mind it. I rarely spend the entire duration in lich form anyways, because only a bad team will let you free cast in your lich. If you were to take spectral mastery you would have a 22.5 second lich so whatever, nothing to complain about. If you want to read REAL issues go to the necromancer forum and pay no attention to the daily Lordrosicky complaint thread that makes absolutely no sense at all.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have a bigger problem with stuff like freaking AoE Moa and 1500 range pewpew that keeps getting buffed.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

At least rangers are still dead last in Pve and sPvp. In WvWvW ain’t that bad.

Some classes do better in WvWv than sPvp.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Lich Form when traited will last longer than rampage traited. They taked away some duration but they give it back and some more when traited.

If they had cut rampage duration they would give it back in the trait like they did to lich.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Here’s a better question in my opinion: why can warriors stomp and rez in rampage, when necros can’t in plague or lich form?

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Ah Henry you were thanking the Devs for the changes and now you’re back to your old stuff a day later.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. i thank them because they did a good job and did the big changes needed to make things fresh again. But not everything was perfect and we should point out the obvious mistakes for feedback

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Anet buffs the top tier classes and nerfs the lower tier classes to ensure the top tier classes have an easier time countering the lower tier classes,because it’s clear the devs like mesmers, eles, Engies, theives, and to some degree guardians and warriors. Those classes have devs who work hard to make improvements and know the class well. With regard to the necro, the devs don’t know the class and FAIL big time. Admit it, you have nothing. Lol, necro is useless in pvp now, especially now that our soft CCs do nothing to slow movement. Condi builds will likely kitten themselves harder and now help you kill us even faster. Good job anet. if I could get a refunds for all my gem purchases and money spent in this game I would do it and delete my account and walk away. Will walk away when a true pvp game comes out

(edited by Gryph.8237)

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Yeah, donnu how they can buff Engi to the degree of it becomes god-mode..

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Yeah, donnu how they can buff Engi to the degree of it becomes god-mode..

Its not suprising since engis have always been anet fav class.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Well, looking at the first stream it was quite evident that the dev running the necro changes has no clue of its problems. Words like ‘old classic’ about virtually all the traits which at that point were unchanged speak volumes. They actually tried to smuggle these original ‘changes’ as the final version and the only reason because of which it isn’t happening is the work and yes, the outcry of necro community.

In the end nothing changes, status quo is maintained. Engies get buffed to orbital levels, necro gets left out, as always.

It was nice interacting with the necro community during these 3 years. I may reconsider playing the profession again when it gets handed over to someone who actually plays it.

Thanks to all the devs engaged in this beautiful, thoughtful, talented work. You are the best guys.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Thats what happens when u troll too much on the forums asking for (breaking) nerfs for all classes and asking buffs for your dear Necro, Lordrosicky.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Harrier.9380

Thats what happens when u troll too much on the forums asking for (breaking) nerfs for all classes and asking buffs for your dear Necro, Lordrosicky.

I like this reasoning. Everything makes so much more sense now.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Haha, this is actually the only logical explanation for the nerfs necro got.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

The irony is I originally played warrior. Warrior was the worst pvp class at the time so I rerolled to necro (which was the second worst pvp class at the time). Should of stuck to warrior lol.

Explain how this is fair

in PvP

Harrier.9380

The irony is I originally played warrior. Warrior was the worst pvp class at the time so I rerolled to necro (which was the second worst pvp class at the time). Should of stuck to warrior lol.

Biggest irony? Warrior was most fun when it was the worst class.