Exploit free league tips.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

1.Know when to quit ranked! Sometimes you just gotta quit while you’re ahead or behind. Evenings are typically stronger than mornings and in T3 sapphire and T5 emerald I strategically quit while I was ahead, did some unranked, then did ranked again in the morning, sometimes even getting a couple of two pip games. This is an excellent way to get reward track progress and not risk your pips. You could still lose, but your pips will be secure.

2.Know when to stronghold! If you have a tempest or mesmer you can queue up for stronghold, preferably with a specific team advertised in the LFG such as “only need two, druid and tempest” and with the threeQ won’t likely get two thieves or warriors (though I did get two thieves earlier on solo with disastrous results). There’s just one straightforward goal: get lord. No holding points, no risk of lord kill meaning catchup, and the summoned lord contributes to the main goal.

3.For crying out loud read metabattle! When you get lots of team chat begruding thief or warrior a lot it’s time to listen. There’s a reason why these classes are complained about and blamed for losses. Modify weapons and traits according to your style but don’t deviate too much. When people complain about certain classes being overpowered it’s time to take notice. Would you rather be run over by an overpowered class or be on even terms with them?

4. You should also git gud! Seriously, we all have lots of room for improvement somewhere. If it doesn’t hurt your FPS too much (more on that in the next bullet point) then use Shadowplay or Bandicam and review your rotations and situational awareness. I notice I play better with a cool head than panicking. Sometimes you just have to learn when to let someone run away too, could be a diversion for a decap.

5. Optimize for the best possible FPS! If you get 60 FPS on the highest settings then ’grats, but some of us with 4k monitors and very old graphic cards (GTX 670 here already have money set aside for a Pascal GTX 1070 equivalent or 1080 if the 1070 just gets GDDR5X instead of HBM2). A lot of PvE is playable at 25 FPS but PvP is a whole other game. Did you get caught in a dragonhunter trap? If you had a better framerate you would have seen the tell better and dodge out of it.

6.Teamspeak. If you don’t like your voice then MasqVox is a good program for disguising, just don’t set it too extreme. You either level the playing field against other teamspeak premades or have an unfair advantage over PuG’s.

7.Keybinds! Use your mouse to move and set AoE fields to target. Set target self to a mouse button for healing fields.

Etiquette:

Never vote Temple! Seriously, usually it’s one or two people that vote Temple and we all hate them. Like a gentlemen’s agreement not to use Akuma please don’t vote Temple.

Only queue ranked if you have HoT. You’re just gimping your team for those of us who have HoT. A possible exception could be made for dagger/dagger elementalist though staff tempest is simply better since it has attunement overloads and access to auramancer.

It’s tough out there between all the manipulation, smurfing, sandbagging, and an already flawed MMR system incompatible with leagues so may as well maximize your chances in the face of all that.

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

agemnon you serious ? if so no words

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Yeah. If you want lots of presents but not risk your third T4 sapphire pip queuing unranked is ideal. You should always strive for the best FPS and do what you can to contribute the most to your team.

The stronghold tip is optional but lots of people overlook doing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

k for the best fps and do what y need for y team but exploit? Just play the game.
@ Nova yeah that are better tips

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Yeah those are good within the match itself but sometimes people need something more basic. That thread also doesn’t go over risk management with your pips. I can back up my advice though with a screenshot.

“k for the best fps and do what y need for y team but exploit?”

1.Read tells and animations better with good FPS.

2.No need for exploiting. The specific class comp because those classes offer strong mechanics for those maps.

Attachments:

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Yeah those are good within the match itself but sometimes people need something more basic. That thread also doesn’t go over risk management with your pips. I can back up my advice though with a screenshot:

Here is the back up to my advice. I stopped doing rank a while ago since I was no longer having fun PvPing.

Attachments:

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Grats on diamond! Working towards it myself but need to break out of sapphire first. Need lots of learn to play on top of teamspeak to get there though. Sometimes I try my best but we all just get run over anyway :( I noticed some holes in my rotation on sword/sword Glint/Shiro rev and tempest but big team fights at mid tend to get panicky. Still, I’ll noticed a downed guy, dodge for stability, proc superspeed and go for a stomp but it doesn’t always work so there’s a tactical error when it doesn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

whats wrong with temple map

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Primarily the team that channels tranquility steals all three points, but also all the ways you can fall and its verticality. I notice pretty much everyone voting for Legacy or Forest so it’s apparently hated by most.

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

ah Agemnon, sry for my post, you go for the best, thing is if you are not in a team you can only try. My tip if you start and not in a team say hello and ask for basic initial rotation.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Primarily the team that channels tranquility steals all three points, but also all the ways you can fall and its verticality. I notice pretty much everyone voting for Legacy or Forest so it’s apparently hated by most.

stealing all 3 points does no good if they cannot hold any 2 of the 3 stolen points.
teams with weaker builds, mechanical skills, rotations will still get outplayed.
holding 2 points and securing stillness is more important.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

stealing all 3 points does no good if they cannot hold any 2 of the 3 stolen points.
teams with weaker builds, mechanical skills, rotations will still get outplayed.

I’ve had temple games where they’d get tranquility and we’d immediately recap and win but still too many where we’re ahead, they get tranquility, they catch up and we can’t recover again. There also doesn’t seem to be a lot of coordination in general with it.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’ve had temple games where they’d get tranquility and we’d immediately recap and win but still too many where we’re ahead, they get tranquility, they catch up and we can’t recover again. There also doesn’t seem to be a lot of coordination in general with it.

“they’d get tranquility and we’d immediately recap and win”
- them are weaker team

“too many where we’re ahead, they get tranquility, they catch up and we can’t recover again.”
- equal team or slightly weaker or slightly stronger

“doesn’t seem to be a lot of coordination in general with it.”
- well that’s solo q for us XD

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

y deimos, if they steal get your teammates on points, somethimes it’s better to let them steal. All depends on situation.
no coordination : you still have chat even when solo

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

Etiquette:

Never vote Temple! Seriously, usually it’s one or two people that vote Temple and we all hate them. Like a gentlemen’s agreement not to use Akuma please don’t vote Temple.

Only queue ranked if you have HoT. You’re just gimping your team for those of us who have HoT. A possible exception could be made for dagger/dagger elementalist though staff tempest is simply better since it has attunement overloads and access to auramancer.

well how about no
I vote temple and Khylo EVERY SINGLE GAME, wanna know why? cuz playing the same 2 maps get extremely boring; friggin metamaps and kitten
I’ll queue ranked without HoT all I want, because i don’t want 3 teammates chasing the theif off point , leaving the point neutral, only in unranked

What you’re talking about here isn’t “etiquette” it’s the way you want everyone else to play your precious little game

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Nothing, I like to call it, “using your brain for some time” it makes you more aware of your surroundings, and when buffs are coming. Assuming the ideal situation: nobody is going to pay attention to them or pay too much attention to them, they will lose the game because of the nature of the bunker meta atm. I always keep track of timers and justify a judgement call every match if I should go for it or not, what baffles me more is people legitimately queuing into legacy for premades to farm you on the BIGGEST SNOWBALL MAP in the ENTIRE game, I guess this is only an mmr issue since most don’t queue into 5 mans, but I will always take temple over a match that prefers these types of groups for a small* chance to win. (for tonight I played 5 games: 3 of them were 5 mans, won 1 moral victory for 2 pips, lost 2, won 1, lost 0 in another: net gain: 1 pip: gg)

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Warning! don’t bring abusers to anets attention, they just tell you off for it! I PRINT SCREENED what happened, and apparently thats an ‘accusation’ year i totally photoshopped it, along iwth 3 other people who provided screen shots from other angles gg.

“Your post in Cheating in pvp. Give me my pips back. was infracted by a moderator:

So a guard got into our base without hitting our gates and won by killing the lord.

Moderator Note:

Accusing any player, guild, or game world of cheating, griefing, hacking, or exploiting is not allowed on the forums. If you witness any of these acts while playing, please report via an in-game report or a ticket to our Customer Support team, so they can properly investigate the issue. The forum is not the place for such issues to be discussed. In the
case of exploits, you also can send reports of exploits to Exploits@Arena.Net to ensure the development team is aware of them.

This infraction serves only a warning. Additional infractions may award Infraction Points which can negatively affect your account. Infraction points may cause loss of privileges, including forum suspension.

The topic was moved.

This is an automated message generated by an infraction given by a human moderator. If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to forums@arena.net."

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

“The forum is not the place for such issues to be discussed.”
lol

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Set target self to a mouse button for healing fields

Huh? Is there a keybinding for “target self”? I’ve never seen that one. What is it called?

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Set target self to a mouse button for healing fields.

This is how I know you have no idea what you are talking about – this keybind doesn’t exist…

4. You should also git gud!

This is the only part that is needed for this thread.