Extend Revenge of the capricorn please

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Could you guys extend the availability for Revenge of the Capricorn achievements? It’s pretty hard to get the map with everyone selecting Eternal Coliseum, not to mention wanting to play Ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Fifth.8169

Fifth.8169

oh wow !. i didnt know this was historical (never to return in a million years) … I thought I could finish it anytime. An extension would be great.

Why would it be removed? Will the people that have it started be allowed to finish? I don’t understand you anet

(edited by Fifth.8169)

in PvP

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

the last couple days of the season it was pretty much Capricorn after Capricorn and you also had 3 months to do it… if you didn’t finish/start its your own fault. it was a BETA map after all

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It was a limited event that lasted 3 months for beta testing, if you didn’t get the achievements in the highly publicized limited time window it’s your loss..

in PvP

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Only started working on the Capricorn achievements on my main account after Coliseum was already released because I hadn’t realized that they were time gated before (well, it’s always that one time you don’t read the patch notes that they contain important information) and spent all my time playing on my other account and guess what? It was more than enough time to finish the achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Lyther.3654

Lyther.3654

We need to get a petition going to show Anet our interest in making these achievements permanent and how they are missing out on potential Spvp players that try the new maps and get hooked on Spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

The reason why they make these time limited is to get people to try them in droves before time expires for testing. Same logic for timed sales.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

You had 3 months to get them no pity

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Things i would like to see come back as well

Leader board

In game tournaments ( we use to have tickets to enter them)

A real leveling system ( i know you cant take this back but its kitten that people can walk into this game and get to dragon in 2 months when alot of people played for years and only got to shark)

Rewards ( raids get guild trophys, would bosses give guild rewards, PvP got s1-4 trophys that look all the same)

Any day now i expect WvW or PvP to get anything after the blanket Anet put on them pretending they didnt exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Too BaD.3941

Too BaD.3941

i was working on it and pretty close to finishing this title but i had night shifts so i couldn’t play for a while an extension would be awesome plus it being a voted map you cant blame people for not getting the title if they can’t get the map to begin with

(edited by Too BaD.3941)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

just want to say no please.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

i was working on it and pretty close to finishing this title but i had night shifts so i couldn’t play for a while an extension would be awesome plus it being a voted map you cant blame people for not getting the title if they can’t get the map to begin with

You had 3 months. It will be the same for the new one. Best get on it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

The sense of entitlement people have about this achieve is unreal.

Can we just lock pointless threads like this?

in PvP

Too BaD.3941

let me guess you have the title …… so all other people can buzz off

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

let me guess you have the title …… so all other people can buzz off

Doesn’t matter. Everyone had the same opportunity as everyone else. Preferential treatment, by extending the achievements, should not be given to those that chose to procrastinate.

in PvP

Lyther.3654

How is it preferential treatment? It shouldn’t of been time limited to begin with. It should have been permanent. Anet is missing a chance to get people to try Spvp via achievement hunting! Undoubtedly some of those that did or would have worked on getting these achievements might of really liked Spvp and became hooked. Having more people interested and able to be competed against is kinda the point of having Spvp in the first place right? Plus they could easily introduce new sets of achievements for each Spvp map that already exists to further the pull to Spvp even more.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

How is it preferential treatment?

Maybe special treatment would have been the better phrase to use? The point I made was that all players had the same opportunity to play the map and get the achievements. It was available at the same day and time for all players and removed at the same day and time for all players. It’s “special/preferential treatment” because a group of players feel that they should be allowed more time over others to complete those achievements.

It shouldn’t of been time limited to begin with. It should have been permanent.

The whole point of the achievements was to encourage players to play the beta map. They could have added no achievements and then we’d have a turnout like that new activity that they had added.

Anet is missing a chance to get people to try Spvp via achievement hunting! Undoubtedly some of those that did or would have worked on getting these achievements might of really liked Spvp and became hooked. Having more people interested and able to be competed against is kinda the point of having Spvp in the first place right? Plus they could easily introduce new sets of achievements for each Spvp map that already exists to further the pull to Spvp even more.

They had leagues running concurrently and now we have The Coliseum map. Both had/have achievements for players to get. The lack of one map, and its set of achievements, isn’t going to have much of an impact. There were/are plenty of achievements to hunt in sPvP.

in PvP

Lyther.3654

What happens when both maps and their associated achievements go away? Will that have a larger impact on the amount of players participating in Spvp daily then say just losing Capricorn atm? The point i am trying to make is the introduction of these achievements set a precedence that could be used for the good of Spvp as a whole. To put it plainly it introduced new players or in some cases reintroduced veterans not playing Spvp to play it. It raised the population in Spvp. Retiring them will only hurt the Spvp player base as soon as they end vs making them permanent and perhaps retaining those players or new players longer.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

What happens when both maps and their associated achievements go away? Will that have a larger impact on the amount of players participating in Spvp daily then say just losing Capricorn atm? The point i am trying to make is the introduction of these achievements set a precedence that could be used for the good of Spvp as a whole. To put it plainly it introduced new players or in some cases reintroduced veterans not playing Spvp to play it. It raised the population in Spvp. Retiring them will only hurt the Spvp player base as soon as they end vs making them permanent and perhaps retaining those players or new players longer.

And what about when they finish those achievements. Will that have a larger impact on the amount of players participating in Spvp daily than say just losing Capricorn atm? The same outcome would happen whether they were permanent or not. If Anet stopped making new maps then players who did sPvP solely for the achievements would stop when they finished.

And again, you’re missing the point of the achievements.

in PvP

Lyther.3654

If you inject new things for people to do over time vs short term there will be a larger player base longer. Anet would be able to reach more people longer, which as an mmorpg would probably be a good thing. Anet could easily keep the trend going by releasing more achievements for each individual map. Sadly none of this will happen due to Anet’s policy of limited time content, which in my opinion is one of the major problems of this title.

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

If you inject new things for people to do over time vs short term there will be a larger player base longer. Anet would be able to reach more people longer, which as an mmorpg would probably be a good thing. Anet could easily keep the trend going by releasing more achievements for each individual map. Sadly none of this will happen due to Anet’s policy of limited time content, which in my opinion is one of the major problems of this title.

And if they add a new map to replace coliseum, it’ll have its own set of achievements. Then couple that with leagues which have its own set of achievements.

in PvP

Too BaD.3941

And if they add a new map to replace coliseum, it’ll have its own set of achievements. Then couple that with leagues which have its own set of achievements.

so if they removed the achievements of all those it’s helping the pvp community….. the map is still in rotation and still in beta, why remove the chance for getting a title?

it’s supposed to be an insinuative for people to play at their own pace, just keeping it for a very short time hurts pvp more as people will just play it to achievement hunt and if they dont get it they will idle in the other maps…..i think you’re missing the point of doing achievements

(edited by Too BaD.3941)

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

so if they removed the achives of all those it’s helping the pvp community….. the map is still in rotation and still in beta, why remove the chance for getting a title?

it’s supposed to be an insinuative for people to play

I was referring to when the beta ended. The purpose of the achievements were to get players to do the beta test map which has obviously worked fairly well. Also keep in mind that continuously adding maps with achievements doesn’t add anything to the community as all people are doing is playing one map the before time while grinding out achievements.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I have the title so the title doesn’t impact me personally, but the fallout from it does. People in unranked are either mad because they have to play the new map, or mad because the other one got selected so a large fraction of your matches are with people that are already half tilted.

They really need to have a separate beta test queue that only loads the map related to the current limited time achievement. It is a terrible idea to make a limited time achievement and then force people to play maps they don’t want to play because 1/3 the population (probably much more at the end of Capricorn) doesn’t want to play the new map.

in PvP

Too BaD.3941

I have the title so the title doesn’t impact me personally, but the fallout from it does. People in unranked are either mad because they have to play the new map, or mad because the other one got selected so a large fraction of your matches are with people that are already half tilted.

They really need to have a separate beta test queue that only loads the map related to the current limited time achievement. It is a terrible idea to make a limited time achievement and then force people to play maps they don’t want to play because 1/3 the population (probably much more at the end of Capricorn) doesn’t want to play the new map.

that’s so true

in PvP

Posted by: Sheltron.2190

Sheltron.2190

oh wow !. i didnt know this was historical (never to return in a million years) … I thought I could finish it anytime. An extension would be great.

Why would it be removed? Will the people that have it started be allowed to finish? I don’t understand you anet

The reason is to make it slightly exclusive, and therefore make more incentive to get it. For example if it took 1 hour to get a legendary then everyone would be running around with them, and that kinda sorta defeats the purpose of legendaries. I personally do not think it would be a good idea to extend the time period

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

These should be permanent and they should add similar achieves for stronghold and the other maps.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

They shouldn’t extend these achievements, they were intended to get players to extensively test the maps while in Beta stage, that is it if you missed the highly visible 3 month window to get the achievement that falls on you individually to have had completed in that time frame.

in PvP

Lyther.3654

It was only highly visible to those that visited the forums and reddit. There was no time label on them in game say like dailies, nor anywhere in the tab itself that says they were time limited. They should be made permanent. Time limited content/achievements/anything aside from maybe holiday related stuff has to be one of the worst parts of GW2 as a whole. I mean who doesn’t miss some of the events from Living Story season 1? I know i miss the Battle for LA, Tower of Nightmares, Molten Weapons facility/Aetherblade Retreat (full instances) and Dragon Bash! All that content gone!

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

It was only highly visible to those that visited the forums and reddit. There was no time label on them in game say like dailies, nor anywhere in the tab itself that says they were time limited. They should be made permanent. Time limited content/achievements/anything aside from maybe holiday related stuff has to be one of the worst parts of GW2 as a whole. I mean who doesn’t miss some of the events from Living Story season 1? I know i miss the Battle for LA, Tower of Nightmares, Molten Weapons facility/Aetherblade Retreat (full instances) and Dragon Bash! All that content gone!

It’s the fault of the player for not reading the patch notes. They’re accessible in the new section of the login interface as the player logs in.

in PvP

Posted by: Erika Swan.6835

Erika Swan.6835

It’s the fault of the player for not reading the patch notes. They’re accessible in the new section of the login interface as the player logs in.

I think the game should be that information like time limits should be available ingame and not force the player to go look for it from other sources. just splitting hairs