F.U.N.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

I’m logging in, playing a 2 or 3 games and logging out wishing I hadn’t bothered atm. Sad for what has been one of my top 2 games since it’s launch.

So in a search for ideas: What are you all doing in game (PVP) to have Genuine Fun?

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Until the next update ..

meanwhile maybe this could be helpful ..

“Having fun isn’t hard when you got a library card”

Fire Water Air
FA

(edited by Lord of Rings.5371)

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I’m logging in, playing a 2 or 3 games and logging out wishing I hadn’t bothered atm. Sad for what has been one of my top 2 games since it’s launch.

So in a search for ideas: What are you all doing in game (PVP) to have Genuine Fun?

Most fun is to not log in.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Play unrank if you dont like to lose if leaguesare what bother you

M I L K B O I S

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Beating my head against the wall that is ruby. I will make it, and if I don’t I’ll be so po’ed that my rage will melt people as I walk past them, and I’ll never have to boil a kettle again to make my coffee.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

This sadly.

While Anet keeps living the exports pipe dream their game is going to kittenhe along with Thier good devs. They don’t really care what the majority of the population want, they just like being able to whack it off to big posters of team abjured and the other 50 people that gives a dam about Thier game anymore.

I quit for a week or so, and mm has only gotten worse to the point where I just tried to troll most matches because it didn’t matter if I tried or not. I realize now that I can just pay a sub to something else and actually get a somewhat balanced game where the company actually tries to make everyone moderately happy.

Banging my head against the wall is no longer an option, I don’t have time to “grind” for a win streak and I won’t do it anymore. I’m not a great pvp player, but I’m certainly worth having a fair game in every match.

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

F.U.N.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Some awesome ideas there ;-)

Off to get me some dem book fings… Anet making people more cleverer since 2012.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Beating my head against the wall that is ruby. I will make it, and if I don’t I’ll be so po’ed that my rage will melt people as I walk past them, and I’ll never have to boil a kettle again to make my coffee.

Classic – now that was genuinely funny.

Seriously though, why? If it’s not fun, don’t play it – give yourself a break.

F.U.N.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m stubborn, like really stubborn. I will not let a game tell me that I’m not good enough. I also want to get the ascended wings as quickly as possible so I never have to play the cluster ^)$k that is the league ever again. I know I’ll never make diamond, I know I’m not good enough. So the legendary wings are out.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I’m taking a break as well and reaping the benefits. I’ll probably give the season 1 more go but if there are no or minimal changes for next season I’m gawn with games like Overwatch starting up.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

I’m stubborn, like really stubborn. I will not let a game tell me that I’m not good enough. I also want to get the ascended wings as quickly as possible so I never have to play the cluster ^)$k that is the league ever again. I know I’ll never make diamond, I know I’m not good enough. So the legendary wings are out.

Assuming you played season 1 acquiring the legendary wings should be achievable – you don’t need to get to diamond – Ruby S1 Ruby S2 Ruby S3 should get you that part of the achievement.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

I’m taking a break as well and reaping the benefits. I’ll probably give the season 1 more go but if there are no or minimal changes for next season I’m gawn with games like Overwatch starting up.

I think Anet are underestimating how much competition for class based PVP is on the horizon.

Their speed of action – and I mean interaction with their community is not good.

Overwatch, Battleborn, Paragon, Black Desert Online, Blade & Soul to name just some…

If they don’t get the PVP in this game sorted out soon… by which I mean- ALL classes viable, more maps, open world queing, FUN PVP matches then I’m predicting that yes – The Sky Will Fall.

Even the ‘Old Faithfuls’ who stream and shoutcast GW2 are hedging their bets. I mean even Jebro YouTube’d a Paragon guide this week.

It’s such a shame but until they actually stop trying to pander to their ‘Pro-Players’ AT THE EXPENSE of their main player base PVP’s going to dwindle.

F.U.N.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Assuming you played season 1 acquiring the legendary wings should be achievable – you don’t need to get to diamond – Ruby S1 Ruby S2 Ruby S3 should get you that part of the achievement.

I only got half way through emerald in S1, dew to RL. And after the matches I’ve had tonight, the games almost broken me.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

BDO is kinda nice. My girlfriend and I are playing now. Didn’t appreciate being matched with idiots against diamonds in the last tier of ruby (2 times versus the same TEAM) sooooo i took some time off. Hope it doesn’t affect your queue times guys. <3 Keep up the good fight.

Suggestion to ANET: Weeell if you could remove class dailies that would be great. I don’t appreciated win-loss-win-loss-win-loss because someone decided they need the majestic daily reward :c It’s not even that great T_T

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I think Anet are underestimating how much competition for class based PVP is on the horizon.

Their speed of action – and I mean interaction with their community is not good.

Overwatch, Battleborn, Paragon, Black Desert Online, Blade & Soul to name just some…

If they don’t get the PVP in this game sorted out soon… by which I mean- ALL classes viable, more maps, open world queing, FUN PVP matches then I’m predicting that yes – The Sky Will Fall.

Even the ‘Old Faithfuls’ who stream and shoutcast GW2 are hedging their bets. I mean even Jebro YouTube’d a Paragon guide this week.

It’s such a shame but until they actually stop trying to pander to their ‘Pro-Players’ AT THE EXPENSE of their main player base PVP’s going to dwindle.

Well.. Paragon from EPIC (those who did master ARENA GAME before 2000 with Unreal Tournament) is a great MOBA with lot of action from a company that know how to handle PVP for more than 20 years.

Good Luck, Anet.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Go into unranked and rock a rediculously cheese build like zerk D/D theif or zerk rifle warrior then do the following:

1) Sing in map chat.

2) Quote the bible.

3) Play dress up.

4) Dance on people.

F.U.N.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Go into unranked and rock a rediculously cheese build like zerk D/D theif or zerk rifle warrior then do the following:

1) Sing in map chat.

2) Quote the bible.

3) Play dress up.

4) Dance on people.

Love it.

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I play ranked pvp for fun. Winning close games is fun, progressing through the leagues is fun. While I am yet to have a truly terrible loss streak this season, I did have both a 10 game loss streak and an 8 game loss streak in the same day with a win/loss/win/loss/win/loss run in the middle so I think I do know how it feels to be losing progress however hard you try. It sent me all the way from diamond tier 6 to the beginning of tier 4 in one day. However unlike some people, i keep trying and never stop until I achieve what I want to. Yes, when I lose a game I should have won or get on a huge loss streak it makes me feel absolutely awful, as bad as a game has ever made me feel but when I win a very close game or make a big comeback it is the best feeling a game ever gives me. One example of a game like that happened just today where my team came back from 400-490 down to win 500-493. Those games are the ones I find fun and are why I play pvp.
What I am saying is that sometimes pvp can seem unfair and can make people extremely angry and frustrated but if you just never stop trying to achieve what you want to, you will inevitably have a really good run of games that, if you enjoy pvp at all, you will find fun. That is what I like about leagues at the moment.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

(edited by suffish.4150)

F.U.N.

in PvP

Dirtyrascal.1023

I play ranked pvp for fun. Winning close games is fun, progressing through the leagues is fun. While I am yet to have a truly terrible loss streak this season, I did have both a 10 game loss streak and an 8 game loss streak in the same day with a win/loss/win/loss/win/loss run in the middle so I think I do know how it feels to be losing progress however hard you try. It sent me all the way from diamond tier 6 to the beginning of tier 4 in one day. However unlike some people, i keep trying and never stop until I achieve what I want to. Yes, when I lose a game I should have won or get on a huge loss streak it makes me feel absolutely awful, as bad as a game has ever made me feel but when I win a very close game or make a big comeback it is the best feeling a game ever gives me. One example of a game like that happened just today where my team came back from 400-490 down to win 500-493. Those games are the ones I find fun and are why I play pvp.
What I am saying is that sometimes pvp can seem unfair and can make people extremely angry and frustrated but if you just never stop trying to achieve what you want to, you will inevitably have a really good run of games that, if you enjoy pvp at all, you will find fun. That is what I like about leagues at the moment.

Good for you my friend… Your loss streaks though are pretty trivial in comparison to what a LOT of people have been experiencing.

Re. Paragon…. Early Access released today… been playing it all day and it’s really good – No Cheese, balanced, skill based…

… just like GW2… oh hang on…

A very different style of game though… If only Anet could get their game feeling as FAIR after 4 years, as Epic have got their game on Day 1 – I’m not even joking!

F.U.N.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Good for you my friend… Your loss streaks though are pretty trivial in comparison to what a LOT of people have been experiencing.

I know that my loss streaks are not bad at all compared to some people and I even mentioned that in my post however I would still keep playing with a 100 game loss streak. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will stop me playing 15-20 games per day until I get to legendary and I am saying that I think that what more people should think like because if you just keep playing even if it feels like you are getting nowhere, you will keep improving and eventually get on a really good run of games and get to where you wanted to be at the start of the season.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)