F2p Accounts shouldn't compete

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

One of the things that’s subverting the matchmaking is this season’s version of the smurf exploit. It goes like this:

A diamond/Legend player decides they don’t want to wait for a queue. Instead, they make an f2p account and start out as an Amber and have great fun stomping there way up till queue’s get long again. Then they rinse and repeat.

The problem is that this practice removes any semblance of fair matchmaking and makes the game about RNG rather than skill.

ANET should permit f2p accounts to PvP but should not allow them in tournaments/league.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

This doesn’t happen as much as you think it does

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

In other seasons, the OP might be correct. In this season, it seems most people are bored and would rather play overwatch.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

After a match or two im playing Uncharted 4 PvP XD

Anyway, even if a f2p account is smurfing its

• a 50% chance you’re grouped with them
  • Not running meta builds as its core only
  • If they are winning constantly because they’re oh so good, they’ll rocket through tiers and out of your division very, very quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Queueing for ranked requires rank 20 so I don’t think the OPs claims are as common as she thinks.

I was legendary on 4 accounts last season- none of which were f2p. Granted one of them doesn’t have HoT – which is another thing f2p accounts would have to deal with.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Ostracizing potential players from a dying gamemode because of a few turds is /not/ a good look for the game, nor the mode as a whole.

When the plant is starting to die you do your best to heal it, you don’t pour poison onto it…

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

You have to get to level 20 to compete in ranked which takes around 50 matches. Most of the good players that do it probably had their account starting in sapphire anyway. If they end up with enough gold on the account, they may end up converting it to a legit alt account. I don’t see why you would limit them. You can always make one yourself and play it when you are frustrated with your main.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

As Faux brought up – I totally forgot to mention that all of my alts from last season were bumped to Sapphire this season – So smurfing down that low is even less of a thing than you think it is.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon