Fix Ride the Lightning on Spirit Watch!

in PvP

Posted by: AmateurGod.5403

AmateurGod.5403

For God’s sake how long does it the devs to even try skills on maps to realize they’re clearly not working as intended?

If you’re baning teleport skills from taking the orb on Spirit Watch why the hell is Ride the Lightning an exception? How many more speed bunker eles on spirit watch is it gonna take for you to fix that incredibly easy to spot exploit?

Also, take a look at the speed movement traits and skills, btw. Speed while carrying the orb should be fixed and the same for everyone.

As if ele’s weren’t overpowered enough already in conquer maps for all the aoe.

/rant

(PS: Love the map, thanks <3)

(edited by AmateurGod.5403)

in PvP

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

RTL is not a teleport.
RTL should be affected by slows.
RTL should go back to 15 secs though if that happens.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in PvP

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

RTL should be half the distance and Lightning Flash should cause ‘Immune’ to pop up. Mist form is probably ok, if its still too much it should drop the orb.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

in PvP

AmateurGod.5403

Mist form drops the orb.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Mist form drops the orb.

Nope

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

Mist form drops the orb.

Nope

make rtl drop the orb, revert nerf. then you can cry about eng double elixir s immune + perm vigor + higher base armor + 4k more base hp + mass condi drop + knockback spam + gluebomb + tool kit block

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

As a Guardian with the Orb my Greasword Leap only goes half distance (300).

It’s curious that an Elementalist Rides the Lightning for the full distance.

in PvP

AmateurGod.5403

Mist form drops the orb.

Nope

make rtl drop the orb, revert nerf. then you can cry about eng double elixir s immune + perm vigor + higher base armor + 4k more base hp + mass condi drop + knockback spam + gluebomb + tool kit block

Let me guess, you main an ele?

Everyone can spec for vigor, with more or less advantages. Why are only elementalists teleport skills being untouched?

And yes, it is a teleport skill as it brings you from one place almost instantly. It doesn’t give swiftness, it takes you where you want to go in a flash. You can even cross gaps with it – something that other teleport skills can’t even do. Denying that RTL is OP in that map is just pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

And yes, it is a teleport skill as it brings you from one place to other instantly. It doesn’t give swiftness, it takes you where you want to go in a flash. You can even cross gaps with it – something that other teleport skills can’t even do.

pls don’t distract the discussion with pointlessly wrong assertions
rtl should be affected by slows like all gap closers.
the end.

in PvP

dejay.2598

And yes, it is a teleport skill as it brings you from one place to other instantly. It doesn’t give swiftness, it takes you where you want to go in a flash. You can even cross gaps with it – something that other teleport skills can’t even do.

the end.

nah just dont let them use it with orb. ele is a really weak class without going full bunker. Just like thieves rely on stealth to stay alive, non-bunker eles rely on mobility to survive. you are pretty much required to spend at least 20-30 defensive traits with at least 2 cantrips to survive long enough to do anything

has alot to do with the bunker – burst – condi meta, anything else just feels underwhelming

ps : not every class should be the same

in PvP

milo.6942

dejay, it is fair to say not all profession should be equal, and that ele need mobility to survive as glass cannon.

maybe your solution is best, but i feel that part of the skill of playing glass cannon should be assessing the situation before engaging and deciding if it’s worth it. if you can just rtl and disengage from all situations, then there is no reason to think twice before engaging. also, this would easily solve the orb problem without resorting to special-case rules for specific skills.

in PvP

dejay.2598

dejay, it is fair to say not all profession should be equal, and that ele need mobility to survive as glass cannon.

maybe your solution is best, but i feel that part of the skill of playing glass cannon should be assessing the situation before engaging and deciding if it’s worth it. if you can just rtl and disengage from all situations, then there is no reason to think twice before engaging. also, this would easily solve the orb problem without resorting to special-case rules for specific skills.

no dude, there’s no such thing as a full glass cannon ele. Try it for yourself and see how fun it is.

You need 20 defensive traits, 2 cantrips, and ride the lightning minimum as any ele spec. or sub out a cantrip and 10 traits if you use soilders amu. and you’ll still have subpar burst or sustained dps AND subpar survivability unless you count running away.

they aren’t going to do it, sorry mang. every class is pigeonholed atm including ele. If they nerf dagger offhand or bunker too harshly there’s nothing to turn to. That’s why people complained about nerfs to bunker nerfed other specs as well

honestly I think without ride the lightning nobody would really take an ele over gaurdian, the biggest perk is the mobility in using the class with this conquest restricted game play

(edited by dejay.2598)

in PvP

Posted by: Azadoras.2790

Azadoras.2790

I still do not get why you all hate RTL so much. The movement skills of Ranger, Warrior and Greatsword or whatever class are getting you just as far in the same amount of time.

Yeah, let us ALL hate the ele.

in PvP

milo.6942

I still do not get why you all hate RTL so much. The movement skills of Ranger, Warrior and Greatsword or whatever class are getting you just as far in the same amount of time.

Yeah, let us ALL hate the ele.

those are all affected by cripple and chill and orb slow down.
rtl is not

in PvP

AmateurGod.5403

the end.

You are a pointlessly wrong assertion.

I was replying to that guy’s comment as I’m allowed to. And I’m the OP, so chill the kitten out.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Yes rtl is just silly on this new map (the map itself is awesome). Combined with frost aura, armor of earth etc it just gives that bunker ele spec too much of an advantage.

I don’t think I would feel particularly bad about it if this was just an isolated case, but that ele build is already OP in the other maps. It consequently feels like eles just got even more powerful, which is sad because there was a clear consensus in Guru’s state of the game that the ele bunker spec was OP.

I imagine that a lot of people feel frustrated that the end result of feedback was to go in the complete opposite direction and make that ele spec even more powerful.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

For God’s sake how long does it the devs to even try skills on maps to realize they’re clearly not working as intended?

If you’re baning teleport skills from taking the orb on Spirit Watch why the hell is Ride the Lightning an exception? How many more speed bunker eles on spirit watch is it gonna take for you to fix that incredibly easy to spot exploit?

Also, take a look at the speed movement traits and skills, btw. Speed while carrying the orb should be fixed and the same for everyone.

As if ele’s weren’t overpowered enough already in conquer maps for all the aoe.

/rant

(PS: Love the map, thanks <3)

OP: I have no idea what the developers were thinking, but it was obvious this was going to be a big problem even before the map was released.

linky: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/New-map-question-is-orb-a-bundle-or-a-buff/page/2#post1446764

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

Everyone can spec for vigor, with more or less advantages.

Except Necro of course.

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

Invuns need to make you drop the orb.

[LR] Siric

in PvP

milo.6942

No.

in PvP

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

No.

Yes.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

No.

The orb is something that should be extemely difficult to cap. It should require proper coordination and match awareness to know when to grab it and try to cap.

The orb should NOT be something you grab on a tank with multiple invuns and slowly walk back because the enemy teams has option A: focus the TANK with INVUNS to slow him so he doesn’t get a free cap; or B: kill the multiple people peeling for them while they get a free 30 points.

[LR] Siric

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

the end.

I was replying to that guy’s comment as I’m allowed to. And I’m the OP, so chill the kitten out.

Being the OP has no relevance.

RTL is not a teleport. It’s a charge. And since all other charges are allowed with the orb, so should RTL. You saying it is a teleport does not make it so. Teleports by their very nature are instant, RTL is not. Lightning Flash is, and rightly drops the orb. Your assertion was wrong, deal with it.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

milo.6942

He didn’t say anything about capping the orb, just dropping it.

in PvP

AmateurGod.5403

the end.

Being the OP has no relevance.

RTL is not a teleport. It’s a charge. And since all other charges are allowed with the orb, so should RTL. You saying it is a teleport does not make it so. Teleports by their very nature are instant, RTL is not. Lightning Flash is, and rightly drops the orb. Your assertion was wrong, deal with it.

So now you’re calling it a “charge” and giving it a different name – Something also irrelevant to the discussion. Whatever you call it, it’s an OP skill. No one cares.

Some other “charge skills” effects were reduced while carrying the orb, so RTL should too. “Charges”, in general, like teleports, (two completely different things not to be mistaken with each other cause the Apocalypse might come!) should drop the orb since they have the same effect and result.

Honestly, all the eles’s coming here to defend RTL is ridiculous. Are you really that much bad players that your only possible accomplishment is in exploiting that map? Go capture some points and try to kill players. Isn’t it boring to RTL+Mist form all day long?

And the simple truth is that It’s no fun to play that map when you’re only efficient in one class and one build and when others have 0,5 % chance of stopping you.
Eles’s aren’t even the only “mobility class” in the game, why are they the only viable build for carrying orbs? It’s lazy, stupid and obviously broken.

The only real solution for this as has been suggested before is to just lock down all the skills and make the teams protect the carrier. (or make specific skills for the orb that are the same for everyone). Let’s Encourage team work, ditch the mandatory fixed build for all teams and promote different tactics. It’s not that hard, really.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Orb specific skills is the best idea by far. Even better would be orb specific skills, a lockdown of utilities and a normalization of HP/armor when picking up the orb to allow all players to pick it up instead of just eles or bunkers.

Yes, ride the lightning is incredible strong for this map. Movement skills in general need to be looked at for all classes. The worst part about this is that I think it was addressed before the map was even released, so the devs obviously knew it was there. They just didn’t do kitten about it.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Orb specific skills is the best idea by far. Even better would be orb specific skills, a lockdown of utilities and a normalization of HP/armor when picking up the orb to allow all players to pick it up instead of just eles or bunkers.

Yes, ride the lightning is incredible strong for this map. Movement skills in general need to be looked at for all classes. The worst part about this is that I think it was addressed before the map was even released, so the devs obviously knew it was there. They just didn’t do kitten about it.

Best idea so far. Just make it a transformation.

It definitely should take lots of teamwork to get the orb back, not just 1 or 2 skills and almost no help from your teammates.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in PvP

milo.6942

Yes I agree, orb should have its own skills. It should in fact be a regular bundle item (in addition to the slows and drop on tele, etc). I don’t agree that the person’s utilities should be blocked however. Would be interesting to see what skills they could have on the orb.