Farm a Legendary with Only PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I want to be able to farm for a legendary with only PVP with fair progression amounts. The new current system I feel was poorly designed for doing this. I have no use for dungeon armors or weapons so the new system does not appeal to players like me. Farming for a legendary in PVP should still be balanced with PVE. The rewards should have a similar progression time to PVE.

I want to be able to PVP for my legendary. For example, the two mystic clover reward for an entire track is not enough when you need 77 of them. Not all tracks even have mystic clovers. A repeatable mystic clover track should exist that gives you many more mystic clovers as your end reward and not armors/weapons that I do not want or need. To make the mystic clover track more fun, since a mystic clover is based on luck, then the range could be something like 5-25 mystic clovers for completing a mystic clover track.

A track for tier 6 materials should also exist. At the end you can get a bunch of tier 6 materials for completing the track. You could sell the tier 6 materials you do not need on the trading post to buy the ones that you do need. Specific ones could be added such as ancients bones, but that would be much harder to balance due to the price fluctuations of T6 materials. A trading post and bank could be added to PVP to help with this.

Obviously other awards along the way can be given such as champion bags, tomes of knowledge, and obsidian shards. Other specific tracks for other legendary materials could also exist.

A precursor is extremely difficult to get in PVE and that would have to be balanced a similar way in PVP. For balance purposes, you would have to complete something ridiculous like 50 tracks.

If you farm really hard then you can make about 30 gold in a day of PVE. Good precursors are about 900 gold and that would take about 30 days of farming.

If you farm really hard in PVP for two days then you can complete about 1 track. 50 tracks would take about 100 days to complete. Keep in mind you would also get other rewards along the way such as gold, mystic clovers from specific tracks, and T6 materials from specific tracks. 50 tracks would then be balanced with PVE.

Let me know what you guys think. Keep in mind the dungeon tracks could still stay and the legendary tracks would be for more advanced players who already have their dungeon sets. I would absolutely love to be able to farm a legendary with PVP in a fair way compared to PVE.

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I think the idea is to get more pvp players to get into the wvwvw or pve. I play all game modes, although I do enjoy playing pvp and wvwvw more.

That being said, acquiring precursors in pvp may be possible in the champ bags that are acquired in the rewards tracks. I believe that it may be possible to actually get a legendary through pvp, but i haven’t looked into it. If all the mats are gained from the reward tracks then yes I think you can get one eventually in pvp. All this is based on the chance for a precursor to be in a champ bad from the reward track.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

if they add reward track for precursor ill gonna be so happy.
no more boring dungeons, no more unrewarding fotm’s, no more braindead wvw, no more staff guardian farm.

wow, sounds too cool to be implemented…coz you know…devs like grind/zerg fest and karma trains and devs dont like kitten on them what will happen if they announce this reward track.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

You’re already supposed to be able to craft a legendary in PvP (apart from the Gift of exploration and WvW badges) but I’m guessing it would be even more difficult than to get one in PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

being able to get legendaries, precursors or any other sort of “high end reward” should never be “allowed” unless all forms of track progression is removed from custom arenas.
Such rewards would just further benefit the few with money and friends, and it would just encourage a sort of “pay to win”.

Sure, it would take time, gems, money… but months of hard work in PvE/WvW should not be in vain when you can get the same in say, 2 weeks of farming PvP with some guildies/friends.

However i am totally fine with it being in tournament rewards. Bit unfair that PvP has the “best” rewards, then again, within 9 weeks of WvW, we get plenty of chances to get a precursor or two. (except me as i am cursed with bad luck)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

being able to get legendaries, precursors or any other sort of “high end reward” should never be “allowed” unless all forms of track progression is removed from custom arenas.

Custom arena progression is locked to 25% of one small level per day. Already done.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Such rewards would just further benefit the few with money and friends, and it would just encourage a sort of “pay to win”.

Sure, it would take time, gems, money… but months of hard work in PvE/WvW should not be in vain when you can get the same in say, 2 weeks of farming PvP with some guildies/friends.

However i am totally fine with it being in tournament rewards. Bit unfair that PvP has the “best” rewards, then again, within 9 weeks of WvW, we get plenty of chances to get a precursor or two. (except me as i am cursed with bad luck)

Track progression is already capped in CAs, you can’t ask for much more.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Playing the TP > PvE >> WvW/PvP.

WvW/PvP are a joke if you’re looking for loot.

Boxes that give the same loot as killing 5 mobs? Please. I can farm mobs far far faster than I could get these boxes.

Before at least PvP was different in that you got rewarded in skins.

Now it’s better to PvE for the skins. The vast majority you can get for a few silver (resell on the tp for a profit Vs. buy orders), a little bit of karma, etc.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

Nope, just nope. Legendary as an ultimate goal of this game should only be given to those who play all game modes for least for some time.
To say it honest spvp now is just a minigame, something like southsun survival. You can play gw2 as a session game without even coming out to the big world, but don’t expect to get something really special that way.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Nope, just nope. Legendary as an ultimate goal of this game should only be given to those who play all game modes for least for some time.

How much tpvp did anyone have to play pre patch to get a Legendary?

in PvP

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

You can also flip on the trading post without doing anything else. You can buy legendaries off of the trading post. Your argument that PVPing hurts the credibility of legendaries is not valid in the slightest. In fact, much more skill is used in PVP in general making legendaries look more valuable.

in PvP

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

LOL…the irony of this post…

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Pvp should not be seen as a farm, please. Then you get people afking teamqueue ’cus the loss reward is decent enough.

Put legendaries, pvp armor sets and anything pvp exclusive behind a skill and time-gate.

Time-gate: Your playtime in leagues (when they arrive) will always be rewarded. You’re trying to be competitive and thus should be rewarded.

Skill-gate: Different leagues unlock different exclusive pvp stuff (= not tradable, not farmable in hotjoin, etc.). Increase the difference between loss-reward and win-reward so that people winning are rewarded and there’s an incentive to do so.

For the top players —> specific titles, finishers?, $$$$$, etc.

Anyway, we could use a reward CDI to discuss this.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

I agree with it! And you must agree with me in next:
All who have legendaries but don’t have at least 30 rank spvp and 20 lvl wvw dont deserve it and their legendaries must be deleted.

in PvP

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

make Gift of Magic and Gift of Might in Reward tracks kitten , its PAIN in the kitten to get T6 mats.

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Pvp should not be seen as a farm, please. Then you get people afking teamqueue ’cus the loss reward is decent enough.

Put legendaries, pvp armor sets and anything pvp exclusive behind a skill and time-gate.

Time-gate: Your playtime in leagues (when they arrive) will always be rewarded. You’re trying to be competitive and thus should be rewarded.

Skill-gate: Different leagues unlock different exclusive pvp stuff (= not tradable, not farmable in hotjoin, etc.). Increase the difference between loss-reward and win-reward so that people winning are rewarded and there’s an incentive to do so.

For the top players —> specific titles, finishers?, $$$$$, etc.

Anyway, we could use a reward CDI to discuss this.

YESYESYES
That would be true horizontal progression for pvp!!

in PvP

Arcturus.8109

Well, this is what needs to be implemented, some kind of “Gift of Decapping” with requirement of ~20 rank. Not the opposite way.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Well, this is what needs to be implemented, some kind of “Gift of Decapping” with requirement of ~20 rank. Not the opposite way.

Ok lets delete everyone’s legendary and introduce this, that’s fair

in PvP

Arcturus.8109

Ok lets delete everyone’s legendary and introduce this, that’s fair

No need in deletion. But if legendaries would be locked until you buy that gift – that’s fine for me. Personally I’m rank 57, and I think every player that has legendary played spvp enough to get dolly (~60k rank points).

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

You can also flip on the trading post without doing anything else. You can buy legendaries off of the trading post.

that exactly what im doing now. that’s so funny how “legendary” this weapons because im gonna buy all mats except wvw/world map.

and to clarify we are not asking for legendary, we want precursor reward track.

in PvP

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

they said that you “could get it” but didn’t say how many years it will take with 0.0000001% drop rates.

If you mean a track that rewards X item needed for crafting it, sure it will be nice but they will never do it.
so it will be pretty grindy track for each item needed, even then i doubt it will happen.
because that will give you an actual time until you get it.
plus people will abuse it as they do now. with costume arenas that turned on all so they get that progress but will kick anyone that joins on the other side after the game is started.

so make sure you feed the RNGesus with your time.