/15charrsinabag

[Re] Rerolled
Lil Trouble Corro
Asura Necromancer

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Question is that not going to be necessairy for reaper who chill on applying fear? If it is negated by stab/break bar then it will be a very weak trait.

I personally feel that this trait needs something else added to it anyway. Reaper only has one way to apply fear on a 20s cd (DS#3), maybe two if they bring a staff. Any decent necro would already have chill on their target when they fear them anyway. To me, it seems like a wasted trait and should certainly not be a minor that you’re forced to take.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

So stuns would stay on while you’ve got stab on too. This will trigger things like sigil of impact, tempest defense and unsuspecting foe. All the CCs would need to be treated the same.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

No because people with stability are immune to stuns! These comparisons are silly!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

So stuns would stay on while you’ve got stab on too. This will trigger things like sigil of impact, tempest defense and unsuspecting foe. All the CCs would need to be treated the same.

Stuns are not conditions. CC effects are not conditions.

Fear is a CONDTION that causes CC.

No idea why this is so hard to understand. >.<

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Treated Equal? Are stuns absorbed by Berserker stance, reduced by condition duration mitigation, negated by Resistance and removed condition cleanses? Seems like fear shouldn’t be either, all things equal…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

I will point out one thing. Fear is Necromancer’s form of CC.

It’s the only CC affected by all forms of defenses:
- Reduced condition duration
- CC breaks
- Condition Clears
- Resistance
- Stability
- Berserker stance

And as such, only CC affected by two Warrior Stances and leaves Necromancer with the absolute worst down state which only has single target benefits AND has the most prevention in the game.

Fear should honestly either become a CC and not a condition, or not be affected by CC breaks/stability (like immobilize). Add it up, it only gets the worst of both worlds. If you’re honest with yourselves, you will see the issue with it.

This ^

stop crying over berserker stance, nerf and serker wars are again useless while finally somewhat viable again….shoutbow doesn’t even use/need it learn to work your way around the stance that has a tremendously long cd aka git gud. ps. in the games current state necros should NOT have ANY trouble with warrios whatsoever.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

IMO people with stability should be able to get feared! They don’t lose control of their char, but the fear condition is still on them! That way anyone who has traited extra damage or crit per condition can benefit! And should their stab run out while fear is on them, they will be disabled! Also Necros will be able to get their Terror damage off on someone with stab!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

nah it’s like this girl…quite easy to understand: the fear does the pain…yet he doesn’t get feared so does not has to endure the pain either makes full sense right fear triggers terror…but u know…no fear….nice try tho, git gud.

Wahoo bye frand

most relaxed dude EU.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

No because people with stability are immune to stuns! These comparisons are silly!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

People with stability are immune to control effects. This includes fear.

Fear is a control effect(a CC). No idea why this is so hard to understand. Go to the wiki and search for CC, see what comes up.

Treated Equal? Are stuns absorbed by Berserker stance, reduced by condition duration mitigation, negated by Resistance and removed condition cleanses? Seems like fear shouldn’t be either, all things equal…

You’re advocating fear becomes a regular stun. If this is the case then fear needs to be treated like stuns. You can’t automatically have 100% fear and condition duration, it shouldn’t come from unintelligible or instant casts and it normally shouldn’t come from 900+ range. It would need to be treated more like warrior stuns or basi venom- with a tell and shorter range. It is also the only control effect that grants passive damage through terror. This would either need to be completely removed or nerfed into oblivion, 1 CC cannot be so much superior to the others.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

ellesee.8297

Wahoo! Bye frands!

You are right! But fear is also a condition! All I’m suggesting is that stability block the control effect aspect of fear, but keep the condition aspect! I’m suggesting that if a Warrior uses Fear Me! on someone with stability, that person will have the fear condition on them, but they will still retain full control of their character! So essentially the control effect part is negated which is what stability does, and the condition still goes through because stability does not make the user immune to conditions! It’s such a simple concept I am surprised someone as thuper smart as you doesn’t get it! I don’t know how much more in detail I can explain it! I’ve already done so like 8 times in this thread! Jeez louise!

Fear is a control effect(a CC). No idea why this is so hard to understand. Go to the wiki and search for CC, see what comes up.

Go to the wiki and search for conditions! See what comes up!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

(edited by ellesee.8297)

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Wahoo! Bye frands!

You are right! But fear is also a condition! All I’m suggesting is that stability block the control effect aspect of fear, but keep the condition aspect! I’m suggesting that if a Warrior uses Fear Me! on someone with stability, that person will have the fear condition on them, but they will still retain full control of their character! So essentially the control effect part is negated which is what stability does, and the condition still goes through because stability does not make the user immune to conditions! It’s such a simple concept I am surprised someone as thuper smart as you doesn’t get it! I don’t know how much more in detail I can explain it! I’ve already done so like 8 times in this thread! Jeez louise!

well said ellesee
you really are the shining beacon for us necros
i would also like to add that if fear is cleared by a non-stun break condi removal trait or passive skill, the condi damage is removed but the player still gets CCed for the fear duration

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Wahoo! Bye frands!

fear is considered a condition when it is allowed/applied triggered on effect…the fear does not get applied so in this particular case it will not receive the fear condition…conditions need hit first to become the condition, I don’t think you understand how it works maybe you do but want to push your way.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

you attempt the fear if it fears it triggers terror….stab negates the fear so no need for terror and therefor no damage… le simpohl. you attempt fear and it succeeds? you trigger fear and terror damage and he/she suffers from the fear condition! voila ah oui ce’st ca!

yes in this case it’s an exception on how things resolve…you learned this, stop crying over it and move on…variety is good in some cases…it’s called uniqueness

pure plain basic logic WAHOO!

Fear + Stability

in PvP

ellesee.8297

fear is considered a condition when it is allowed/applied triggered on effect…the fear does not get applied so in this particular case it will not receive the fear condition…conditions need hit first to become the condition, I don’t think you understand how it works maybe you do but want to push your way.

…I know how it works now! I wouldn’t have made this suggestion thread if I didn’t know how it works now! You said the fear does not get applied in this case! Why? Why is fear the only condition that is blocked by stability!

“Well because fear is a condition that disables you and stability blocks all disables!”

Ok so if fear is both a condition and a disable, why not let the condition through and have stability block the disabling aspect of it, especially since the mechanics already exist in the game with the defiance boon?

“Well because fear is a disable!”

How many more times are we going to go around in this circle!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

…I know how it works now! I wouldn’t have made this suggestion thread if I didn’t know how it works now! You said the fear does not get applied in this case! Why? Why is fear the only condition that is blocked by stability!

“Well because fear is a condition that disables you and stability blocks all disables!”

Ok so if fear is both a condition and a disable, why not let the condition through and have stability block the disabling aspect of it, especially since the mechanics already exist in the game with the defiance boon?

“Well because fear is a disable!”

How many more times are we going to go around in this circle!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

see it as in this case that it counts it like it’s something worth equal to evasion, in this particular case…nothing gamebreaking makes sense as well so does your point somewhat but these are the calculations…it’s something different yes I agree…is it gamebreaking…absolutely not

dont mind the english

also please do bear in mind that you are the OP of this thread and therefor started this circle in the first place…again, while you could have figured it out yourself, ik I did….

also for condi cleansing…why should I have to cleanse a fear whom I’m not suffering from instead of let’s say poison but the poison stays cause it’s covered by fear whom again (yes it’s a boring circle) I’m not suffering from………………

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Holy kitten I have no clue what the hell is wrong with everyone’s reading comprehension or they are just playing dumb because they don’t want to admit fear probably has too many counters, stun breaks, condi removal, condi transfers, aoe condi removal….. it’s the only condi that gets removed by both condition removal and stunbreaks…. I’m fine with it staying the same, but If it does I think immobilize should get the same treatment

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Holy kitten I have no clue what the hell is wrong with everyone’s reading comprehension or they are just playing dumb because they don’t want to admit fear probably has too many counters, stun breaks, condi removal, condi transfers, aoe condi removal….. it’s the only condi that gets removed by both condition removal and stunbreaks…. I’m fine with it staying the same, but If it does I think immobilize should get the same treatment

why lol, all I see you do now is create more circles instead of answereing this :also for condi cleansing…why should I have to cleanse a fear whom I’m not suffering from instead of let’s say poison but the poison stays cause it’s covered by fear whom again (yes it’s a boring circle) I’m not suffering from

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

I don’t know why most of you are trying to have an intelligent conversation, lol. Seriously kittening Laugh out loud.

Fear is a condition that causes an enemy to be interrupted and run directly away from the player for a short period of time. Characters suffering from fear will run away from the source of fear and have a dark green tinted skull appear over their heads. Fear is notable in that it also counts as a control effect, meaning it can be cleared by both condition removal as well as stun breaks.

- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fear

Control effects, also known as disables, are a set of effects that temporarily prevent actions or movement and disable all skills for the effect’s duration. All control effects will interrupt the target. The boon Stability provides immunity against control effects and some utility skills have the ability to break stuns and other control effects listed here.

- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Control_effect

Skills that stun break will cancel control effects such as stun. These are often indicated by a “Breaks stun” skill fact on the tooltip. Certain traits will also break stun by granting stability upon being hit by a control effect. Stun breaks work on control effects which last for a duration. Fear is considered a control effect as well as a condition and can be broken.

- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun_break

Yea, good suggestion, I guess. But ArenaNet isn’t the type to actually care enough. Well, it does cost money to release hotfixes and patches.

EDIT: Conditions – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition

Fear – Involuntary retreat; unable to act; stacks duration.

(edited by Mia Crazymike.1780)

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Fear is considered a control effect as well as a condition and can be broken.

WAHOO! BAH MAH FRANDS

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Let’s just make fear a necro only mechanic that can’t be stopped by stability or condi clears or stun breaks all together!

Or just do what Veewee says because Veewee is balance.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Let’s just make fear a necro only mechanic that can’t be stopped by stability or condi clears or stun breaks all together!

or stop this silly conversation and wanting to rework whole mechanics so just that terror will always work on fear (aka noob play) and move on cause appearantly the OP misunderstood the description cause as wiki shows it clearly works as intended.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

or stop this silly conversation and wanting to rework whole mechanics so just that terror will always work on fear (aka noob play) and move on cause appearantly the OP misunderstood the description cause as wiki shows it clearly works as intended.

I think OP is trying to say that this ‘working as intended’ isn’t how it should be.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I think OP is trying to say that this ‘working as intended’ isn’t how it should be.

that’s an opinion…others think otherwise and it’s the way it is…it’s fair yet somewhat different and not worth reworking the entire system over so shortly after the patch…if at all. you want you want you want….there are 1000’s of other players too.
It’s not just about you and your build

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Terror should be baseline for Fear. BAM!

What ya’ll think about my master plan?!

Fear + Stability

in PvP

ellesee.8297

that’s an opinion…others think otherwise and it’s the way it is…it’s fair yet somewhat different and not worth reworking the entire system over so shortly after the patch…if at all. you want you want you want….there are 1000’s of other players too.
It’s not just about you and your build

I’m not suggesting we rework the system! I’m suggesting we take a mechanic that already exists in the game and implement it into PvP which would provide buffs to a build that isn’t too spectacular on a class which isn’t top tier!

Wahoo! Bye frands~!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You want Warriors to be even scarier condi burst? Longbow + Fear Me means you’re dead before you can do anything about it, and the Warrior still has a weapon set, 2 utilities, heal, and elite to choose whatever he likes. Just with those two, he would have enough to condi spike you down harder than Necros were ever able to.

All that is being suggested is that Stability and Fear interact the same way Defiance and Fear do. You can Fear a champion and the condition itself does nothing. It’s still on the boss, but it does not affect his actions at all. However, by being present, it does allow Necromancers to apply Terror damage as well as any build on any class that cares about unique conditions on a target to benefit. For example, even though Fear is having no effect on that boss, and Engineer with Modified Ammunition is still getting a damage boost.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

You want Warriors to be even scarier condi burst? Longbow + Fear Me means you’re dead before you can do anything about it, and the Warrior still has a weapon set, 2 utilities, heal, and elite to choose whatever he likes. Just with those two, he would have enough to condi spike you down harder than Necros were ever able to.

All that is being suggested is that Stability and Fear interact the same way Defiance and Fear do. You can Fear a champion and the condition itself does nothing. It’s still on the boss, but it does not affect his actions at all. However, by being present, it does allow Necromancers to apply Terror damage as well as any build on any class that cares about unique conditions on a target to benefit. For example, even though Fear is having no effect on that boss, and Engineer with Modified Ammunition is still getting a damage boost.

He meant making Terror baseline for Necros… I hope.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I don’t understand how anyone can defend fear not being applied when stability is on. Let’s recap. Fear does two things. It has two components.

1. It is a condition that (can) apply ticks of damage like bleeding, poison, or burning
2. It is a CC that ticks each second

Now stability blocks CCs. Does stability also block bleeding? No. Can stability prevent burning? No.

Therefore, stability should block the CC aspect of fear and allow through the condition aspect. This…is really very clear and obvious. What’s really funny is people saying “Oh, it’s unique! It works like this!”. You can say the same thing about any bug.

Oh and if I’m not mistaken, as of now I can’t corrupt a warrior’s rampage stability to fear right? Or is that also a “unique” mechanic?

Face it. This is a bug. There has never been any deep thought by the developers over whether or not the condition of fear should apply over stability.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Xsigned

This is a good suggestion.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Fear + Stability

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I’m curious why all the people against this are ignoring the fact that it’s already in the game.
No matter what convoluted rebuttals you attempt to come up with, it’s genuinely ALREADY in the game, and should be normalized.