Feat patch allowed to carry over armor/looks?

in PvP

Posted by: billymonstar.7904

billymonstar.7904

Will this feature patch allow us to carry over our PvP gear/looks to PvE and vice versa? Meaning I can bring the look /armor/weapons I use for PvP, over to PvE/WvW and vice versa? I know Anet mentioned it a lot BUT didn’t say if it will be coming for this patch?

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

These blog posts should give more info on the subject I suppose:

24 mar: A New Way to Explore the Looks of Guild Wars 2
24 mar: A Colorful Outlook

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

“Outlook”?

So they gonna tell us what will be in the next (aka 2016) update?
…However this wont be binding, as ANet doesn’t feel the need to tell su when they change their directions.

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

“Outlook”?

…However this wont be binding, as ANet doesn’t feel the need to tell su when they change their directions.

Does your cynicism ever end?

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

“Outlook”?

Sry, I edited my post to be more realisitc.

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

“Outlook”?

So they gonna tell us what will be in the next (aka end of 2014, spring 2015) update?

in PvP

billymonstar.7904

Will this feature patch allow us to carry over our PvP gear/looks to PvE and vice versa? Meaning I can bring the look /armor/weapons I use for PvP, over to PvE/WvW and vice versa? I know Anet mentioned it a lot BUT didn’t say if it will be coming for this patch?

Can an Anet rep give us an answer?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

We still have more announcements coming, so stay tuned.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

billymonstar.7904

Thanks for the quick reply Justin! I’m hyped for the feature patch. Keep up the gret work Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Blueskylightdragon.4876

Blueskylightdragon.4876

I hope this cross over armor is real.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Of course. They are giving away legendaries to the winning team in their new tournament. How foolish and incompetent would they look if they couldn’t actually wield them in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Don’t hold your breath … the locker datamined show that you would have to pay through gemstore each and everytime you want to withdraw a skin …. PLUS apparently, pay also to add a skin to the locker …
This would make it pretty close to useless :/

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

37crystalatosAngel.7289:

Don’t hold your breath … the locker datamined show that you would have to pay through gemstore each and everytime you want to withdraw a skin …. PLUS apparently, pay also to add a skin to the locker …

You mean like transmutation stones? Data mined data is not live so that could change. Either way the price and currency will determine if it’s useless or not. As it is it costs people to change their skins out of PvP already; either buying the skin itself or buying crystals for transmutation or both so there’s not necessarily a change there.

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I really hope this isn’t true.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

If something like this would be true, it would not be as dramatic as you make it sound.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

KratosAngel.7289

Just take a look : http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20q8or/datamining_upcoming_features_from_battle_for/
“Single-use. Gives you transmutation charges, which can be spent in the wardrobe to change appearance.”
woohoo ……

Not bad as it seems ? Really ?
Just take a look for instance at T3 armor. Wardrobe would apparently be great since it would save you those 100g ! Yay !
Yay, but you’ll need to achieve 6 transmutations, which currently amounts to 30g ! Still yay ? Now the unknown is how much (if it’s not free) it would cost to save a skin, could be around 10-20g for all.
So basically, your 2d T3 armor would cough only costs you 30-50g instead of 100g, awesome !
Now imagine for cheap armors …

in PvP

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

This has already been confirmed when they announced the removal of glory. What they didn’t say was it was going to cost gems or something additional. That better not be true…..

in PvP

Phadde.7362

So basically, your 2d T3 armor would cough only costs you 30-50g instead of 100g, awesome !

I can bet you a thousand quaggan tonics that this is not going to happen.

Cred to Latinkuro

in PvP

KratosAngel.7289

Can you bet me a precursor in the stead ?
I hope you’re right but I’m pretty sure we’re gonna hear bad news about it

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

#hypetrain #SOON

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I have a felling something fun is coming our way

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

These blog posts should give more info on the subject I suppose:

24 mar: A New Way to Explore the Looks of Guild Wars 2
24 mar: A Colorful Outlook

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

they moved it to 25 mar like it seems

in PvP

KratosAngel.7289

I was right, pay transmutation each and every time you want to change appearance check the blog.
The only good thing is that the low level stones can convert (with 3) into 1 charge. Less bad than expected but still not that great

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well to be fair it was extremely unlikely that they would remove a source of revenue without adding another source. They need to keep making money after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Absolute ok. As long as we get a chance to get the have new stuff in the mists I am happy.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

There it is.
Brace yourselves, pve heroes with legendarys are coming to pvp.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Phadde.7362

Can you bet me a precursor in the stead ?
I hope you’re right but I’m pretty sure we’re gonna hear bad news about it

TECHNICALLY, it’s still your 1st T3 armor skin.

Cred to Latinkuro

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Couldn’t read all of it, but it didn’t seem to state that pve and pvp are connected now.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Couldn’t read all of it, but it didn’t seem to state that pve and pvp are connected now.

I’m assuming that getting a skin in one game-mode will unlock it in your wardrobe system for use in another.

EX: Cultural armor bought in PvE can be used in sPvP; Orrian armor from sPvP can be used in PvE.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Admiral Zombie.8624

Admiral Zombie.8624

This is ok as long as we can earn the transmutation charges through sPvP in a reasonable fashion. Although for sPvP I would love for it to be free and unlimited similar to GW1, that may just be my greed.

If they are still planning to unify sPvP gear and PvE gear into one pool of transferrable items, then I doubt it will be similar to the GW1 system. But thats fair enough. Again only as long as the sPvP is just as rewarding as other areas of the game for gaining the transmutation charges.

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

There it is.
Brace yourselves, pve heroes with legendarys are coming to pvp.

So, as soon you have built one legendary, you can give the skin to every char you want for only some transmutation charges?

Lol. Much Legendary, Such Unique.
They also said they will unify the wardrobe. Nothing mentioned on how to get all those cool skins only available in pve.

in PvP

KratosAngel.7289

This is ok as long as we can earn the transmutation charges through sPvP in a reasonable fashion. Although for sPvP I would love for it to be free and unlimited similar to GW1, that may just be my greed.

Nop ! They did not talk about how to get those, except the fact that we can use transmutation crystals and stones to convert into transmutation charges. Why do you think ?
Because I was right and you’ll have to pay as you used to pay for transmutation crystals, nothing changed on that, it’s just easier to do so that you spend even more money.
They did not talk about it because that would make people complain/angry and the objective, after announcing the nerf of critical damage, was to announce something positive to people.

Also, they said PvE and PvP would be unified through this … EUREKA ! You now have to pay to change skins in PvP too ! Isn’t it wonderful ?

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

No one will be re-rolling anymore anyways. Couple this system with trait unlocks being character bound and everyone will remain on the toons they have now.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

Ok, I look forward to this new system because I play PvE and PvP. But there are stil unanswered questions.

First: Will every item in the PvP-Locker be unlocked? Same for every currently equipped item in PvP?

Second: I think of ourchasing T3-Armor from the Gloryvendor. If I do this, will they count for the Emporortitle after the 15th? If they dont, People who want that still need to buy for 120 Gold.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

in PvP

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

37crystalatosAngel.7289:

You mean like transmutation stones? Data mined data is not live so that could change. Either way the price and currency will determine if it’s useless or not. As it is it costs people to change their skins out of PvP already; either buying the skin itself or buying crystals for transmutation or both so there’s not necessarily a change there.

I got all my skins either from crafting (salvage mats + glory) or chests. And the locker cost me nothing to swap out. The new system you have to use a transmutation charge.

I have 4 of them with over 1000+ hours of play so its not like we get them in the game that much. Pve map completion(can’t anymore) and daily give them out but its < 1% (0.26%) according to the wiki.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily#Rewards
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Crystal

They better be handing these out in pvp or making them trade-able for laurels or I fear none of my characters will ever have any cool looks. Please god don’t let them cost a charge in pvp…. that will break the camels back for me

in PvP

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

We are waiting for our Quaggan tonics……..