Feedback on the recent Necromancer changes

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Agreed on reverting the overflow between DS and HP pool in PvE. This is a split that needs to happen.

Except that it was probably changed to prevent necros from surviving fatal falls. Especially when it allows them to exit the normal map area in some places.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Necromancers can still survive fatal falls, regardless of distance. They had two ways to do it, now they have just one that is slightly more difficult to execute.

in PvP

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

[…]
The sPvP forums are specifically to discuss sPvP changes, or things that affect sPvP. If you would like to discuss PvE, please use the appropriate sub-forums.

Thanks!

Just stopping by to point this out. I’m not addressing you alone, but I definitely address you along with the few ignorant and arrogant (if the cap fits…) sPvP players, who often comes up with the “sPvP forum” trump card.
About shooting the messenger…yep, it’s generally considered to be undeserved, unless that very messenger provokes the crowd. This quote here is your own statement, not others’ opinion that you simply forward to us. This is the reason why I call you personally out – while I respect your work and effort you put into keeping in touch with the sPvP community.
You guys generally make changes balance-wise based on sPvP…changes that affect the two other game modes too, namely PvE and WvW.

One of these changes (Dhuumfire) buffed the class in sPvP significantly, while it did close to nothing in WvW and PvE. I’m not gonna give a fully detailed argument here as why it is the way, it is – several arguments can be found on the Necromancer forum with all the raw data and math involved. The same can be said about Torment and in general about all the damaging conditions – while it’s most likely a significant buff to sPvP, it does close to nothing in PvE and WvW. Again, I won’t make any argument to back this up as I’d like to keep this post short – others have already done it, check out those posts.

The other sPvP change, the last one (23rd July), destroyed the sole escape mechanic that necromancers had in WvW thus making the class severely handicapped in WvW.
Anyone who says that the Spectral Armor/Walk is buffed in general is just plain wrong and refuses to see the forest from the sPvP trees. The 1s CD is a huge nerf in WvW (and I assume in PvE too – no idea, never been really into it). Again, long and detailed argument could be made, but it’s already been, no point to copy-paste them.

To stress out my original point:
Dear Allie and anyone else who shares her idea,
if you want to keep sPvP forums clean from PvE’ers and WvW’ers, make topics concerning a whole class balancing issue in the respective class’ forum (or move them there after it’s been created on the wrong subforum like you pretty much do with other classes /cough/ thief nerfs).
If it’s not possible to do, at least stop complaining about actual Necromancers taking part in the conversation rather than only those who play a few hours just to get some kind of justification to cry out for a nerf hammer.
The quote above is just simply disgustful in the current state of the events.

ps: more players play on a single Borderland from all 3 realms on a given day than playing on the tourney, that takes several days to be done with. Bear this in mind.

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by glorius.1235)

in PvP

Posted by: desharn.6437

desharn.6437

This is what Dev Mark Katzbach.9084 had to say about PVE forums. For those saying this is the wrong forum to talk about PVP changes that affect PVE players.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Where-is-the-PvE-Forum/2529777

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

necro still OP and i rly hope the day after pax we finally get a fix

in PvP

The Boz.2038

What a wonderful, constructive post, Romek!

in PvP

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

I agree that Condi damage needs to get toned down and our survivability needs to been increased, that way my Powermancer can become king.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in PvP

The Boz.2038

All that needs to happen is:
Terror is fed by Power, not Condition Damage. Is moved into Grandmaster Spite.
Dhuumfire is becomes Torment, 3s on crit, 1s ICD. Is moved into Master Curses.
There, job’s done.

in PvP

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

All that needs to happen is:
Terror is fed by Power, not Condition Damage. Is moved into Grandmaster Spite.
Dhuumfire is becomes Torment, 3s on crit, 1s ICD. Is moved into Master Curses.
There, job’s done.

No ICD in the torment one, or else it’s strictly worse then then our adept minor, torment is only a few percent more damage than a bleed because of the whole moving and not moving ticks.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Necromancers are complaining? really? wow.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Necromancer needs perma stealth, real stability, real Swiftness, real heals and real escape skills.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

The Boz.2038

Necromancers are complaining? really? wow.

Necromancer needs perma stealth, real stability, real Swiftness, real heals and real escape skills.

Thank you for reading the thread. Or at least the opening post. Your contributions to the topic at hand are constructive and welcome.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I’d be happy if corrupt boon and deathly swarm worked as intended. Obviously broke obviously everyone knows about it but that doesn’t get hotfix.

The only things necromancers get is hotnerfs.

They report stuff that is nerfworthy to the developer pvp team, but stuff that is broken never gets noted and never even gets to the development team.

in PvP

The Boz.2038

Well, the new patch is very, very close. Although primarily a PvE content update with a lot of interesting things, it just might have some changes regarding the meta. I’m eager to see what they came up with.