Female Mind Games

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Gracious.4279

Gracious.4279

hey, this is me female mind games.

If you know me chances are you either actually know me or you have a ginormous amount of hate towards me. I just wanna make this thread to say that Im addicted to guild wars pretty badly, and openly admit that. Im not new to getting trolled, or trolling others for that matter. But I just wanna make it clear that I do not at all run an OP mesmer build, contrary to very popular belief..

I understand hate towards mesmer because of clones and how much an advantage that aspect gives them. But if you think Im just a cheesy mesmer, let me explain what I have been running in all forms of pvp, for about 10 months now.

basic shatter build 20/20/0/0/30 main focus being to rupt skills for more damage, and plenty crit damage to go along with fury on phantasms and increased chance crit on mind wrack. I use GS, sword/pistol.

My utilities are Arcane Thievery, Blink, and Portal. I use Mass invis mostly, as my elite.

I wanna see some of you pro mesmers out there try running arcane thievery and then call me a cheesy mesmer, when 80% of mesmers are running decoy, veil, blink, and mass invis with buffs on stealth.

Im just tired of all the unconditional hate… can we please all just cool out? I wanna play at least 2 matches of hotjoin or tournies without someone hate mailing me. The only thing thats gonna happen is I send all your condis back to you in a 1v1, you die and get mad calling me a cheesy mesmer. Also, portaling out from a 3v1 to backcap is a good play, ask the best mesmer themself, Legend Supcutie.

Does anyone else use Arcane Thievery?

r54 pvp | Ebay | Female Mind Games

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I run it when I need it.. lately I haven’t needed it in TQ but if I was soloque I’d be running it..

Sometimes I swap for nullfield..

I’m 20/20/00/30 and S/focus GS or staff when I need it .. Portal or blink, Decoy and mirror images..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Selvyy.3468

Selvyy.3468

I play with Sword/Torch and GS or with Staff for support, depends on the enemy team which utilities i equip. In general Nullfield and Portal, like almost every other mesmer:P

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

I don’t really find that Mesmer spec OP or cheap at all, both shatter and phantasm are pretty well balanced [to me], PU/condition on the other hand, that’s some cheap kitten

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I don’t really find that Mesmer spec OP or cheap at all, both shatter and phantasm are pretty well balanced [to me], PU/condition on the other hand, that’s some cheap kitten

Pu/condition is only OP 1v1.. you literally never see a pu mesmer in team que.. and if you do you laugh at them and steam roll them because it;s basically 4v5

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

Pu/condi is everything that is wrong with mesmer. Add full lyssa runes to that equation and you get a distraction mesmer that you CAN kill, you just have to catch em on cooldown.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Is it an inherently invalid strategy to play defensively rather than offensively?

I have a defensive thief. I don’t kill people too often, 1v1, but I can sure get a couple of enemy team members tying themselves in knots trying to kill me. If I keep that up throughout a match, it means a 4v3 for my team for the other parts of tha map. Seems pretty legit strategy to me.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

Is it an inherently invalid strategy to play defensively rather than offensively?

I have a defensive thief. I don’t kill people too often, 1v1, but I can sure get a couple of enemy team members tying themselves in knots trying to kill me. If I keep that up throughout a match, it means a 4v3 for my team for the other parts of tha map. Seems pretty legit strategy to me.

I see no problem with a thief playing that kind of build. Heck, the best thieves play that way. The problem is, you said it yourself you dont kill people 1v1 often. If someone gets caught against a Pu/condi mes alone, the odds are against them.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Your build is the most fair way a mesmer can play, and IMO the most skillful.

As already stated PU is a 1v1 spec not very viable for team play. (Phant is even better) and only ignorant players will take the kitten .

As for Arcane Thievery… I don’t bother personally. It’s not that reliable as a condi remover, and as a boon striper… Mes gets tons of that.

Also 40+ seconds for 3 condis is meh to me.

Unless I find I really need one I don’t bother with a remover and just work on positioning as key, personally I find if you end up in a situation where you really need a remover a 3 whipe isn’t going to make to much of a difference, esp on such a long c/d. Even more so if you take into account how easily it’s all applied.

Personally I <3 null field.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Darnis.4056

yea if they buffed arcane thievery it could be the best condi removal for mesmers; 3boons helps a lot too; warrior rshing your point with 7might fury ? steal :d

Could use Cd reductions 30s seems to be okay for a dodgeable condiclear..

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

I’ve seen you around through the months, idk if you would recognize me. (Not David used to be my most played, but also O Necromancer O, Mushroom Noda, and Warmonger Noda) Just thought I would say hello :P No rage from me. From what I recall I have always thought you were a strong, legit mesmer, and a good opponent.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

yea if they buffed arcane thievery it could be the best condi removal for mesmers; 3boons helps a lot too; warrior rshing your point with 7might fury ? steal :d

Could use Cd reductions 30s seems to be okay for a dodgeable condiclear..

I will give praise to Anet if they surprise me this patch and buff it. Im not relying on it tho, with the trait changes that are coming, I plan on traiting for 20% reduced cooldown on manipulations (36s for Arcane Thievery and 24s for Blink).

And I cant wait to see how mesmer changes.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

I’ve seen you around through the months, idk if you would recognize me. (Not David used to be my most played, but also O Necromancer O, Mushroom Noda, and Warmonger Noda) Just thought I would say hello :P No rage from me. From what I recall I have always thought you were a strong, legit mesmer, and a good opponent.

hello, I do remember you. no rage to you either haha

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

Is this a GW2 AA meeting?

Hi, my name is Dan, and I’m also an addict.
It started on day one, GW2 launch release, I had preordered the game to get that 3 day head start! Oh boy! Coming straight from GW1 I knew I was in for a treat… A treat that would keep me playing day after day…. At first it started off with the simple pve grind, but eventually I became bored as the mobs would not quench my thirst for kills so i converted to a hardcore pvper and eventually met some chill people, one of them being some kid named female mind games. Everyday we would log on to gw2 take our medical herbs and spices and continue our brutal addiction of slaughtering innocents who were not up to par with our pvp skills. Although our guild had no real moto, there was a bible rule we all followed “Thou shall pack a bowl and play gw2”. It has been more than a year now and we still share this addiction. The Great Depression of Esports has come and gone and has left everyone dazed and confused, I even question my own motives sometimes, do I want bear finisher? Or a PvE legendary weapon?

I feel you gracious, I feel you.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

People really get mad over arcane thievery? That’s a new one. I understand engineer condi spamming getting on your nerves but kittening arcane thievery? wat

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Umm sorry for being a newbie but…who are you o_O

Surely your mesmer can’t be anywhere near as annoying or cheesy as perma-evade thieves or hambow warriors. You could literally bake enough cheese rolls to make a anorexic girl fat using just those 2 builds, that’s how cheesy they are.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

If you know me chances are you either actually know me or you have a ginormous amount of hate towards me. I just wanna make this thread to say that Im addicted to guild wars pretty badly, and openly admit that. Im not new to getting trolled, or trolling others for that matter. But I just wanna make it clear that I do not at all run an OP mesmer build, contrary to very popular belief..

I understand hate towards mesmer because of clones and how much an advantage that aspect gives them. But if you think Im just a cheesy mesmer, let me explain what I have been running in all forms of pvp, for about 10 months now.

basic shatter build 20/20/0/0/30 main focus being to rupt skills for more damage, and plenty crit damage to go along with fury on phantasms and increased chance crit on mind wrack. I use GS, sword/pistol.

My utilities are Arcane Thievery, Blink, and Portal. I use Mass invis mostly, as my elite.

I wanna see some of you pro mesmers out there try running arcane thievery and then call me a cheesy mesmer, when 80% of mesmers are running decoy, veil, blink, and mass invis with buffs on stealth.

Im just tired of all the unconditional hate… can we please all just cool out? I wanna play at least 2 matches of hotjoin or tournies without someone hate mailing me. The only thing thats gonna happen is I send all your condis back to you in a 1v1, you die and get mad calling me a cheesy mesmer. Also, portaling out from a 3v1 to backcap is a good play, ask the best mesmer themself, Legend Supcutie.

Why do you love yourself so much? Why are you making self-titled thread, implying the gw2 community has any popular opinions about ‘Female Mind Games’ the Mesmer? Addressing the haters? Why did you attempt to change the topic of the thread to Mesmer Utilities when it’s clearly about your e-fame, lol?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: candlecan.9827

candlecan.9827

New thread idea:

Chaith’s opinion on Female Mind Games’ opinion on Sensotix’s opinion on Dec 10th changes.

Also I will always be referring to myself in the 3rd person from now on. Candle can out

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Oh this is an kitten thread?

349 Gracious.4279 Female Mind Games 550 434 55.89 Ehmry Bay

Who is this guy ;;o_o I dunno. …

I was tricked!
I kinda skimmed the post and read “who runs arcane thievery”

Also yea; these self titled posts by special snowflakes are getting really annoying;
I don’t care if you’re top 100 o_o Everyone who plays pvp is in the top 100
No need to start a new thread about something that’s being discussed already with your name infront(not @gracias specifically but whatevs..

In before Senotix posts a video explaining why he should be the only one making self titled posts.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Dan.2940

Why do you love yourself so much? Why are you making self-titled thread, implying the gw2 community has any popular opinions about ‘Female Mind Games’ the Mesmer? Addressing the haters? Why did you attempt to change the topic of the thread to Mesmer Utilities when it’s clearly about your e-fame, lol?

E-fame from gw2? Is he going to get a whole 20 viewers when he streams the game now? Maybe he just wants to talk because hes bored, you didn’t have to click the thread link, but you did, just like 400+ others. DAE use scorpion wire though?

Ehmry Bay

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

Chaith youre just mad cuz youre not the only Maurader title in ebay HotM. And youre one to talk about E-fame. Youre one of the gw2 esport maniacs.

I respect you bro, but you dont feel the pain of being a mesmer who doesnt go with the meta yet still get called OP. Im just another squirrel thats helping the game by running something different, and I really wanted to know if other ppl use arcane thievery.

Also I barley ever use the forums, you be trollin just to get mad at someone for explaining their experience over the year.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I’m sorry, but I SERIOUSLY don’t know you. And I never heard of someone complaining about mesmer, unless it’s duel server.

And even then… don’t worry: we hate you mesmers because you are cowardly pinky flashy ballerinas, nothing more.XD

If I hate you, it won’t be because of your build. I’ll hate you because of your class.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Chaith youre just mad cuz youre not the only Maurader title in ebay HotM. And youre one to talk about E-fame. Youre one of the gw2 esport maniacs.

I respect you bro, but you dont feel the pain of being a mesmer who doesnt go with the meta yet still get called OP. Im just another squirrel thats helping the game by running something different, and I really wanted to know if other ppl use arcane thievery.

Also I barley ever use the forums, you be trollin just to get mad at someone for explaining their experience over the year.

Right, but people actually know Chaith, and he also doesn’t go around making threads devoted to tooting his own horn.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Hello? Yes, this is Dog.

Thief

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

I can respect anybody who runs non meta stuff and makes it work. I personally like Null Field a lot, but I might give Arcane Thievery a try since you’re so generous and sharing how it’s worked for you

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

yeah it’s always been a spell i run when i need condi removal.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

I play PU a lot when solo roaming wvw, it gives me the options to survive when outnumbered, in wvw with food and so on can be quite effective, you can easily kill (and stomp, which it’s hard with different builds) one by one a group of 3 or 4.

I sometimes run PU when soloq, can be fun and soloq is basically random anyway. When it comes to tpvp i run a sword/torch + staff 20/20/0/0/30 shatterer. Sadly we are kinda forced into that build when it comes to being competitive in tpvp.

As of null field and arcane thievery, for me it depends a lot on who i am facing. If i have to stand some condi pressure or if i plan to kill some bunker guard, i go for null field. Arcane thievery is more a burst move, works insanely well against ranger or warrior elites, can literally change a 1v1 against an engineer, but it will rarely be of any help against a guardian or a ele who will replace the boons you steal after 2 seconds. Same for conditions, bouncing back conditions can be a lot of use but you have to be very careful about the timing..never do that if the necro hasn’t just popped his consume conditions or you’re going to do him a favor..

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Dan.2940

Right, but people actually know Chaith, and he also doesn’t go around making threads devoted to tooting his own horn.

If he doesn’t care about e-fame, why is it that he found the need to comment complaining about someone else being an e-fame farmer? I’m sorry but some of you forum posters take this game, and the forums WAY too seriously and if you honestly have nothing else worth complaining about in your life, you have it pretty good. Sure it’s clear that FMG made this post most likely in attempt for some small e-fame gain, but why make a stink about it? Especially when the most views any streamer has ever gotten on twitch for gw2 probably caps at 200…

Chaith, your a good guy (hence “Good Guy Chaith”) but lets be real here….
Why do you put “Chaith” in your gw2 stream title if you don’t want people to watch it due to you being a known player? “Engi” will do just fine, and viewers following you will get an email nonetheless.

Ehmry Bay

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Kid is horrible, never team queued in his life. Place this man on the hot join hero wall.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

I can respect anybody who runs non meta stuff and makes it work. I personally like Null Field a lot, but I might give Arcane Thievery a try since you’re so generous and sharing how it’s worked for you

Its great against warriors and necros

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Gracious.4279

Kid is horrible, never team queued in his life. Place this man on the hot join hero wall.

Ive played 1000 tourny matches >.> but I do like hotjoin cuz its more laid back most the time.

Female Mind Games

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Ive played 1000 tourny matches

.. and yet still can’t figure out not to gank and stomp people on a dueling server.

If you’re experiencing “unconditional hate”, that might be part of it. rolls eyes