Few questions on Necro and Boxes...

in PvP

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Q:

So i was off for a few months….
THe new patch seems a nice so i came back and did inprove a lot (trough these improvements were needed like since start)

At any rate i have a few questions :

1, started a new character a necro, probably for spvp only, since i am not a big fan of pve struggling in dungeons (at best i explore the map…that is not really fun after 4 characters)
And i really have no clue about what builds are viable and what should i be focusing on necro in pvp….
-Like i realized DS. is a must have (sad… i hate it…its disgusting and i find it a terrible class mechanic, trough i dont deny it its useful)

2, I am not sure if i should level my necro above 20 for now (i plan on leveling a lot with crafting, as soon as i have the mats….), but the problem is, that i am getting these boxes with pvp, and not sure what they are supposed to drop….
-I mean the loot from them seems to scale(?) with level?
-Can i repeat each “line” of progress for boxes and get rewards again if i keep playing more and more spvp? Or they are 1 time fill up progress?
-Would i miss good chance on lv 80 exotics and kitten if i complete them before 80?

3, The Human cultural medium armor (the one that looks like assassin gear from gw1)…is there a light armor version of it? Or something that looks like that? I plan to make a Dual Dagger set with it and look like the Gw1 assassin cover box (for fun only:D) since it can be made now with special exclusive haircuts…

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

A:

1. Check the necro forums for builds/ask there. They’re friendly folk over there and they’re happy to help out.

If you don’t like DS, it sounds like you might be better off with a different class. You have to deal with DS whether you like it or not as a Necro.

2. The loot from the reward chests does scale with level.

You can repeat each line of rewards except for the Balthazar line.

If you complete them, no. If you open the boxes, yes. However, you’re better off opening the boxes between certain level ranges (20-65); the materials you get from salvaging the loot outweighs the chance for exotic, when it comes to income.
The exception to this rule is the boxes which reward specific weapons/armors, particularly the ones in dungeon lines. For example, the boxes you get from level 10-20-30-40 from the Arah line which I’m fairly sure is currently open will always be level 80.

3. Sadly, no. You’ll want to play a medium class if you want to wear that armor set.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Always open your boxes on a level 80. Not only does the loot scale off your personal level, but your odds of getting extremely rare item (i.e precursors) are decreased on lower level loot so you’re only hurting yourself.