Finally, team colours are GONE

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Took us a long time to get it, but at last we’re here with no ugly outfits in matches.

GG

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Is this really a thing? Did a ninja patch happen while I’ve been ranting on the forums?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

felivear.1536

I can confirm. No more blue or red dyes in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Really? Oh thank god…finally

in PvP

Posted by: rbgreen.6347

rbgreen.6347

Only enemy team members are colored now.

in PvP

Posted by: Immo.9217

Immo.9217

This is pretty cool if true cant check atm

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Wish you could choose a color setup depending on the team you land on. I keep forgetting whether I’m red or blue now.

Not to mention having teammates with red dyes while being in blue team is kinda annoying.

But overall, nice change

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Ottigan.2571

Ottigan.2571

i must say im feeling confused at times which team i am etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

in 3 months also opponents monocolour will be removed.

i am waiting for new medium armors sets, because actually medium armors are ugly.

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

Oh my lord, halleluiah! Thank You! Now, I have a reason to use dyes logically instead of my current rainbow gear with starter dyes!

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Wish there was an easier way to see which team are you on now xD

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Apologies, this feature wasn’t suppose to go out in today’s patch. This was intended to come out with the next patch along with a UI drop down to change how you want team colors to work. The new default setting is WvW style coloring (enemy only has team colors), but you will also be able to make everyone, or nobody team-colored. There will also be UI changes to reinforce what team you’re currently on, so hold tight, apologies again!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Ohh happy days, it’s great that there will be an option to remove all colors.

I’ve wanted that since day 1.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in PvP

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Thanks for the reply, Evan. As an avid PVPer, that will help tremendously.

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Apologies, this feature wasn’t suppose to go out in today’s patch. This was intended to come out with the next patch along with a UI drop down to change how you want team colors to work. The new default setting is WvW style coloring (enemy only has team colors), but you will also be able to make everyone, or nobody team-colored. There will also be UI changes to reinforce what team you’re currently on, so hold tight, apologies again!

Awesome stuffz Evan, like this a lot. Since the old (old-new? current?) system just renders dyes useless for PvP players! A bit funny though that something like this just “happened” to get in with the patch, kind of wonders how much of a stress you guys are under.
Hey, atleast now you know that it works! Let’s just hope that the UI implementations work smoothly as well

While we are talking about these “smaller” tweaks to the system that the community are requesting, could we please “happen” to get a new glory point reward system as well? Would be much appreciated by all team/support players out there!

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Please tell them NOT to hotfix it though. We can tolerate the minor confusion until the patch comes with a UI update.

Please leave it alone for now. >_<

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

yay. faith restored. it just needed colours.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

No worries, it’s not tough to check which team you’re on and it’s a welcome addition to the fashion show aspect of PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

please leave it alone till december patch lol

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

i agree please leave the colors in. its not hard to see what team we are on

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Gonna agree with people wanting you to leave it in. It will just be too kitten horrible to have to go back to the ugly team colors after experiencing this change.
And the whole “confusion” with what team you are on must be trolling..For crying out loud, you have huge banners at your spawn colored in your team color. Throw one eye at those when you enter the game/spawn and just dedicate 1 brain cell to remember it, done!

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

We don’t plan on hot-fixing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

They were ugly, I’m happy for this change and will now do PvP. I know it was a stupid reason not to, but well, it did keep me from doing it. xp

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

We don’t plan on hot-fixing it.

You’ve just restored my faith in humanity.

Thanks for the change! Been looking forward to it for awhile.

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

When can we expect the option to recolor? It’s not really enjoyable to play hot-join now. Anyone who says to just remember your flag color at start clearly doesn’t play enough hot-join games. Games are short, and with auto balance you’re never one specific color for much time, so keeping track of this is extremely annoying, especially for people who care about objectives.

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Will this change come to WvW as well?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

I’m disappointed that this won’t be hot fixed.

I agree with Shaolin, in the heat of battle I have difficulty keeping track of something as simple as which color team I’m currently on (which does change), and have been having a hard time getting used to using the scoreboard to do so.

I would have preferred the development team prioritized bug fixes such as the loading screen hang after respawn in spvp. This affects game-play for some of us, and while it’s only my opinion, I value game-play over fashion in combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

This totally threw me off during the first sPvP game I played after the patch, since I had no idea going into it that anything was changed.

In part because my own armor was dyed blue, I spent a significant portion of the game thinking I was on blue when I was on red. Then I capped a contested point and it turned red and I couldn’t figure out what was going on. I thought it must be some bug or something. It made me feel pretty stupid.

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

in PvP

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

im with shaolin and ant.

at least give us a option to turn the old colour system on for tournaments, i couldnt care less about colours on tournaments, anything that confuse you even for split of second is a major thing.

having red guys play on blue team and blue guys on red team is just strange.

this are the things that make me wonder about how serious are arenanet pvp team. change colours really? with so many and many things to change/improve why are you losing your time with this?

tournaments guys will still mainly use the old colour system (if is available) , this is mainly to please hot join guys.

as it is now is just confused and pretty useless, if i could choose previous what colour scheme mny team have that will be great. for example:

i enter tournament and my team already choose a colour set for red team and blue team, so if we will be blue team we going use blue/white/xxx colour and if we go red we will use red/white/xxxx.

couldnt care less about this change, for me is a negative change as it is now, with improvements in future im sure will be great now my team will just spend time to completly paint ar,our before each tournament match

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

1. Look at the banners at the spawn.
2. Look at spawn cap color when you cap it.
3. Attack the red names plates, not the green ones.
4. Play an FPS for a couple hours.
5. If you for some reason go back to spawn without dying in Hot Join guess what? Your color probably changed due to autobalance. Repeat step(s) 1 (through 5 if need be).

There are TWO colors in PvP and more than one way to tell what color you are. It isn’t Rocket Surgery to try and figure out what color you and your team is. Quit making it complicated.

in PvP

Posted by: BLOODBIRD.9386

BLOODBIRD.9386

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: BLOODBIRD.9386

BLOODBIRD.9386

Just keep it like that..gooooood JOB ANET!

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

When can we expect the option to recolor?

In the Wintersday update.

Yes.

in PvP

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

Heck yes, I can finally roll with the most obnoxious color combinations possible, and people will be able to both see and appreciate being beaten by someone who looks like Rainbow Brite vomited all over them.

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

When can we expect the option to recolor?

In the Wintersday update.

Yes.

Thanks for the reply

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Aspen Tie.5084

Aspen Tie.5084

If people have a hard time determining which team they are on, they must really have a hard time reading opponent spells and dodging attacks. Honestly… it is pretty kittening easy to know what team you’re on.

Back Door Beauty [MUF]

in PvP

Posted by: Kermit.3601

Kermit.3601

The real question is, does this change also affect keg brawl?

in PvP

Signet of Forums.4397

im with shaolin and ant.

at least give us a option to turn the old colour system on for tournaments, i couldnt care less about colours on tournaments, anything that confuse you even for split of second is a major thing.

having red guys play on blue team and blue guys on red team is just strange.

this are the things that make me wonder about how serious are arenanet pvp team. change colours really? with so many and many things to change/improve why are you losing your time with this?

tournaments guys will still mainly use the old colour system (if is available) , this is mainly to please hot join guys.

as it is now is just confused and pretty useless, if i could choose previous what colour scheme mny team have that will be great. for example:

i enter tournament and my team already choose a colour set for red team and blue team, so if we will be blue team we going use blue/white/xxx colour and if we go red we will use red/white/xxxx.

couldnt care less about this change, for me is a negative change as it is now, with improvements in future im sure will be great now my team will just spend time to completly paint ar,our before each tournament match

They already said that it was not supposed to be rolled out this patch and that there’s going to be an option to have the old view. I guess you didn’t notice the first “red” reply in this thread.

in PvP

Posted by: xerxys.2635

xerxys.2635

oh, now i get it, it was a mistake to nerf the rangers…..

in PvP

Signet of Forums.4397

One thing I have learned in MMOs is that when anything is nerfed, there will always be people who complain about it. I’ve even seen some people explicitly make the ludicrous claim that nothing should ever be nerfed. Now, anyway, class balance really has anything to do with this topic. I’m sure there are plenty of threads about it elsewhere.

in PvP

felivear.1536

One thing I have learned in MMOs is that when anything is nerfed, there will always be people who complain about it. I’ve even seen some people explicitly make the ludicrous claim that nothing should ever be nerfed. Now, anyway, class balance really has anything to do with this topic. I’m sure there are plenty of threads about it elsewhere.

I really don’t want to go off-topic here, but ya, I saw many people in the SWTOR forums stating “Bioware says they will never nerf classes for PvP reasons and that’s how it should be. Balance should never be tweaked, only learned to be dealt with.” First, I don’t know if Bioware ever actually vomited out that sentence, but players thinking that was a good idea really amuse me.

in PvP

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hey, no need to apologize. From the sound of it this is a good thing and people are liking it. And its nice to see someone from Anet on my server. Ive only seen one of you guys, and she didn’t /wave back!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in PvP

Posted by: Mapache.4852

Mapache.4852

What I would like is an option to always make the enemy team the same color. It shouldn’t be Red vs Blue—it should be Us vs Them, and Them is always Red (or some other color). We’re already seeing different things from the enemy in WvW, so it shouldn’t be any problem. In WvW, we should also have a consistent color for our server and two consistent colors for the enemy servers. Having to re-learn how to read the map every week is an annoyance, especially when you’re red, because enemy player names are still red, and that causes cognitive dissonance.

in PvP

Posted by: thewho.5841

thewho.5841

It gives a little confusion for the game thought. Maybe it is because I am not used to yet. But I am pretty sure that to only two colours is the right choice to bring on next update.

in PvP

Posted by: Sevenfoot Sativa.2491

Sevenfoot Sativa.2491

It’s always been that way for me. I play on Linux so the graphics can act weird with colors.

If I dyed my armor, unless I zoomed in completely, the old dye would still appear until I load. The same applied to my sPvP team colors where I’d only see them when zoomed in.

in PvP

Posted by: Infectious.4836

Infectious.4836

Dat feel when your character which is normally red, and your on the blue team, trying to cap blue teams point…

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I’m sorry if this is being rude or something… but wtf was the point of this? There are far more important things killing PvP right now and ugly dyes certai.ly wasn’t one of them!

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

I think blue and red colours should be disabled in PvP… it gets a bit confusing when an ally of yours is wearing the other teams colour. Otherwise…. no complaints!

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

wow…this ALMOST makes me want to start playing again. we’ll see…we’ll see…