Finishers

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start. Variants of existing rank finishers will move to the ladder system and will be used to show your current standings on the ladder from season to season. The original finishers will not be earnable again.

This seems like a reward for those who took the time to do Skyhammer glory farm/abuse. “Congrats on illicitly getting vastly more rank than the regular players. As a reward, have a finisher that’s getting removed before the legitimate players can get it.” What are your thoughts on this?

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

maybe they should calculate the amount of played tourney games for the perma finishers and not rank.

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start. Variants of existing rank finishers will move to the ladder system and will be used to show your current standings on the ladder from season to season. The original finishers will not be earnable again.

This seems like a reward for those who took the time to do Skyhammer glory farm/abuse. “Congrats on illicitly getting vastly more rank than the regular players. As a reward, have a finisher that’s getting removed before the legitimate players can get it.” What are your thoughts on this?

That’s exactly what I thought too.
I am all in favor of removing glory as a currency and replacing it with actual gold.

However I think they should keep ranks and rank progression for finishers. This was an aspect of gw1 pvp that I loved.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

They should keep rank for the purpose of getting finishers. The rank should not be visible to anybody else meaning that no one will use it as a measure of skill.

Anyone else agree? It would be nice to get a response on this from ArenaNet as I think the reasons we bring up are pretty legit.

(edited by Obsidia.5127)

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

They are giving us new finishers according to where you are in the ladder though. I think this is an excelent excuse of getting rid of the not-so-finished finishers (everything from bear and up looks half kitten d imo) and implementing some really stunning visuals for the high end finishers.

Shuriyo

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

They are giving us new finishers according to where you are in the ladder though. I think this is an excelent excuse of getting rid of the not-so-finished finishers (everything from bear and up looks half kitten d imo) and implementing some really stunning visuals for the high end finishers.

I think the shark finisher looks pretty cool and you get it after bear, and the phoenix finisher is not bad.

But I think the ranks earned by exploiting should be removed also the people that got their rank with the skyhammer exploit shouldn’t be getting the special titles although that is just my personal opinion.

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

They should keep ranks and still add ladders. Let us progress through ranks and get that dragon finisher, a year has hardly been enough time. Why not just give special ranks to those who place on ladders and still let us progress our Rank?

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: SIXMO.7042

SIXMO.7042

Think of removing the wvw ranks and leaving the skills only for the people who unlocked it.

the world is yours

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I do think they should give out finishers based on past REAL achievements for those who were actually working toward something… but that’d probably be too much work for them to care about

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

yeah there rewarded the most out of this.

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i do agree, please keep the ranks!! it’s nice that people are able to keep the ranks that they’ve unclocked.. but i personally LOVED the idea of the animal ranks. sure, realistically it may have taken me years upon years to get say.. the Shark which i frigging love. i’d love the tiger as well. only dolyak now and i hope to get wolf…

add ladders, but keep allowing people to achieve and obtain these rank finishers as well. pls pls lps reconsider ANet! : )))))))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Finishers

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

keep ranks in game =(