"Fire"

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

I almost never write in forums unless its to recruit, but this"fire op omg" needs to stop!
I’ll be blunt and honest I’ve never had more than around 9 stacks of burning…

I don’t understand how you guys allow yourself to be hit for so much all the time ?!

do you not know how to kite?
do you not know how to evade?
do you not know how to interupt skills?
do you not know how to cc
do you not know how to stealth
do you not know how to spike that person down first ?
do you not know how to condi clear?

Cool your in a 5v5 and its chaotic for you and your overwhelmed and your burning stacks go high, but that’s the issue your not experienced enough to do said above..

practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!
Stop complaining and Play every class and learn how to counter everything, the times for each cool-down, prioritize skills, counters,

This is why no one “at the high level” goes on these forums because its full of people who complain literally subconsciously about their own skill level.

accept the fact you need practice, accept the fact you need room to grow and counter each play, each rotation, each player.

Fire isn’t the issue, it’s you.

IGN: Itspanda

(edited by panda the chop chop.4712)

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

tldr

i play ele and i dont want my burning stacks ruined its too good and i dont want to have to think about the best time to use them because spamming is my life 10 second recharge denial of point or stand in one spot to be nuked is skilled play………….

on a serious note.. the rate burning can be applied did not get adjusted with the increase of stacks.. it needs to be looked at. i should not be able to get 20 stacks of burning on me on purpose and chuck them on your team mate, in turn you should not be able to shove 20+ stacks of burning on me in an instant (guards eles constant aplication engies) its stronger than any other condition and it is also one of the quickest to stack up! with many skills having low recharge times

(edited by ozzy.8059)

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

tldr

i play ele and i don’t want my burning stacks ruined its too good and i don’t want to have to think about the best time to use them because spamming is my life 10 second recharge denial of point or stand in one spot to be nuked is skilled play………….

I DO play ele and I DO want my burning stacks reduced so I don´t have to deal with this kind of comments on a daily basis.

Even so and agreeing with the op it´s not the burning stacks that makes us OP it´s the blindness, that enables us to stand in the face of berzerker classes and apply burning safely even having the lowest health pool.

->Reduce burning stacks on fire dagger skills
->Increase cool-down on blind on burn

And you’ll have elementalist back in line.

Now please don´t assume all Eles are happy by being OP, some of us are not.

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Coming from a necro who will send all that burning back to you and then laugh, burning currently does more than twice the damage of bleeding and poison. Now it should deal more damage than both of those yes, but not so much more that it pushes out most other specs who don’t have access to burning. Now a straight buff to bleeding and poison would do nothing really. If they brought up the coefficients for bleeding and poison to maybe…8 or .10 percent, and then brought burning down to say, 12 percent, it would help a bit by allowing burning to be more of a burst condition, but bleeding and poison would still be stronger in the long run if you can stack it up.

Pretty much I’m just saying burning should be around 1.5 the strength of a bleed….if that makes any sense, sorry early morning can’t form coherent thoughts yet, need coffee….wait no I hate coffee

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

accept the fact you need practice, accept the fact you need room to grow and counter each play, each rotation, each player.

Give me a single reason why should i improve myself ? The game has a lot of issues to be taken seriously(pvp wise) and it’ll get even worse when they implement the leagues.

"Fire"

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Give me a single reason why should i improve myself ? The game has a lot of issues to be taken seriously(pvp wise) and it’ll get even worse when they implement the leagues.

So people will take you seriously when you say anything on forums…that would be a valid reason. If you feel like you don’t want to improve then perhaps you should also realize you don’t know enough to discuss profession balance in forums…just saying.

I don’t know everything but at each discussion I learn, 1 week ago while playing ele i was unable to beat a berzerker warrior and thief on a 1vs1, entered some ele discussions and I can now successfully duel and win vs them. Hence i realized some of my opinions were wrong.

Never justify a wrong (not learning) with another wrong (pvp problems), that is an advice I try to follow myself

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

You guys are missing the point.
The point is…………………………………… “YOU” the player(s)

Allow yourself to be burned.

It doesn’t matter if a guardian, ele, or ranger ect. spam their fire skills.

“YOU” the player(s) sit there and take it.

you run in the same direction, your movements are easily mapped, you don’t evade, you don’t do anything to counter it.

yes, cool some things could be balanced traits wise. but in reality are you going to die faster by a poison? or sitting in a pile of fire?

IGN: Itspanda

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

So people will take you seriously when you say anything on forums…that would be a valid reason. If you feel like you don’t want to improve then perhaps you should also realize you don’t know enough to discuss profession balance in forums…just saying.

I don’t think i said anything about class balancing, did i ?

"Fire"

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

No you didn’t, just advice and encouragement to keep you from not wanting to improve yourself as a player. Also wanted to make a point to lots of players that QQ in forums, not you in particular.

Hope you keep improving regardless of the state of the game.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

As I’ve said a million times, the problem with Ring of Fire is both that it hits super had (4.5k in total, some of which being up front every time it affects someone), which makes it a strong hitter, but the bigger problem is that it’s a Ring (much more powerful than a wall, as it covers more area) that can be maintained 50% of the time. As easy as it is to say “l2p, don’t stand it in!” You also have to consider Ele is one of the highest Sustain classes in the entire game and people don’t have the amount of necessary evades to always avoid the ring of they want to have any type of pressure on an elementalist. Elemebtalists already have a 300 distance mid-range, so it’s very easy to use RoF defensively and maintain pressure at a safe distance from most 130 ranged melee.

Overall point is, for some reason RoF is an unfair “l2p” issue for everyone else, but Elemebtalists don’t seem to take notice to how much haphazard damage they get as well as pressure defense due to this single skill. One could argue because of RoF the Elementalist doesn’t have to L2P because they have such easy fire-and-forget damage that allows them to sustain themselves while still dealing frustrating damage. Not to mention, burning Speed +RoF makes standing and fighting in a point nearly impossible, which is why D/D are Conquest gods right now. Easy Haphazard damage that is empowered by the game type. There’s no good reason to have the skill as strong as it is, and in defending it you’re admitting that you don’t want it nerfed because it’s incredibly valuable to the Elementalist.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Ppxarg.9375

Ppxarg.9375

As I’ve said a million times, the problem with Ring of Fire is both that it hits super had (4.5k in total, some of which being up front every time it affects someone), which makes it a strong hitter, but the bigger problem is that it’s a Ring (much more powerful than a wall, as it covers more area) that can be maintained 50% of the time. As easy as it is to say “l2p, don’t stand it in!” You also have to consider Ele is one of the highest Sustain classes in the entire game and people don’t have the amount of necessary evades to always avoid the ring of they want to have any type of pressure on an elementalist. Elemebtalists already have a 300 distance mid-range, so it’s very easy to use RoF defensively and maintain pressure at a safe distance from most 130 ranged melee.

Overall point is, for some reason RoF is an unfair “l2p” issue for everyone else, but Elemebtalists don’t seem to take notice to how much haphazard damage they get as well as pressure defense due to this single skill. One could argue because of RoF the Elementalist doesn’t have to L2P because they have such easy fire-and-forget damage that allows them to sustain themselves while still dealing frustrating damage. Not to mention, burning Speed +RoF makes standing and fighting in a point nearly impossible, which is why D/D are Conquest gods right now. Easy Haphazard damage that is empowered by the game type. There’s no good reason to have the skill as strong as it is, and in defending it you’re admitting that you don’t want it needed because it’s incredibly valuable to the Elementalist.

Agree why all classes need l2p when they use a mongoloid braindless skill that u can spam any time whit no consecuences

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Cool your in a 5v5 and its chaotic for you and your overwhelmed and your burning stacks go high, but that’s the issue your not experienced enough to do said above..

-snip-

This is why no one “at the high level” goes on these forums because its full of people who complain literally subconsciously about their own skill level.

For ele (which are main complain atm):

- kiting ele is in many cases not possible or good idea due to:
a) eles are really mobile
b) kitting will lose you point; gl killing ele on point though, by them time you manage to kill ele his team probably gain few hundret points from that one point

- evade doesn’t help vs persistent aoe or channeled spells

- interrupt ceased to be an option since blinding ashes were introduced

- CC is hard to land on ele due to evades, absurd amount of dodges, stab, shocking aura and once again blinding ashes

- stealth doesn’t help vs burning since application is faster than SE (if you run it) can cleanse it and faster than stealth application; also stealth gives ele too much time to heal up

- the only time i ever saw ele being spiked is when me and one of the top mes on EU nuked not expecting ele at far point at the exactly same second; in most cases ele has multiple ways to survive spikes hence why current matches are total snooze fest as it takes too long to kill one

- there is not a single class in game (ironically besides ele) that can cleanse burning as frequently

The statment about players being inexperienced and overhelmed in fights is just your assumption and based on no facts. I don’t see how it is an argument in any way.

Hight tier players don’t post here because it is pointless. The high tier ele i know (which won esl multiple times) said that dd ele atm is too strong and fire line needs nerfing.

Now to other classes like burn guards and engis: once again the problem is that burning application is often aoe, instant or persistent aoe, basically pretty passive and hard to avoid.

I think burning base numbers should get reduced so players would be forced to run actual condi build with corresponding runes/sigils to make use of burning. Instant skills shouldn’t apply so many stacks. Passive skills shouldn’t apply burning as frequently.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

"Fire"

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

High tier players don’t frequently post lengthy threads on the forums because the stream, and trust me, they vent there frequently, and have a direct channel to communicate with Developers. There is little reason for them to get caught up with (in their mines, likely) “lesser pvpers” when they can just talk back and forth with Developers directly. I’ve done it myself, though over the years, many of the developers have become a bit more closed off.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Well thank god for OP, glad someone said it. Burn is absolutely fine right now.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You guys are missing the point.
The point is…………………………………… “YOU” the player(s)

Allow yourself to be burned.

It doesn’t matter if a guardian, ele, or ranger ect. spam their fire skills.

“YOU” the player(s) sit there and take it.

you run in the same direction, your movements are easily mapped, you don’t evade, you don’t do anything to counter it.

yes, cool some things could be balanced traits wise. but in reality are you going to die faster by a poison? or sitting in a pile of fire?

All your false assumptions aside….

You seem to ignore the fact that the players applying the burns are on an equal footing in terms of improving themselves to apply said burning. So as skillfull as you want to become in evading it, there’s an equal degree of skill improvement in applying it.

There’s play, then there’s counter play, then there’s counter counter play, then counter counter counter play…

Back to the drawing board.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Bu-but 11k health thieves needs to be able to backstab for 7k while also be immune to conditions!

kappa

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Bu-but 11k health thieves needs to be able to backstab for 7k while also be immune to conditions!

kappa

(cuts out my tongue and walks out of thread) not today nobody not today.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I totally hear you OP.

There was a thread where I was told to be trolling because I said I didn’t have a hard time cleansing burns on my engie. It was one of those burns OP threads.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Burning is fine.

Ele has too much of it.

/close thread

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

True because you are pretty much dead in 2 seconds when that happens.

Let me guess. You are an ele who thinks you are good because of your own skill. You don’t think that the class is god mode like pretty much everyone else in here.

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

lol you right.

ps: I am a ele

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

a joke. some ele think they play very well. they is very funny

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

I almost never write in forums unless its to recruit, but this"fire op omg" needs to stop!

I don’t understand how you guys allow yourself to be hit for so much all the time ?!

practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!practice!
Stop complaining and Play every class and learn how to counter everything, the times for each cool-down, prioritize skills, counters,

Fire isn’t the issue, it’s you.

“This is why no one “at the high level” goes on these forums because its full of people who complain literally subconsciously about their own skill level.”

Because at the high level they use 2 ele to abuse condi damage therefore they will not QQ.

Owned. /thread

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

kappa

Why not warriors can hit with 9k final strike while being immuned to conditions, i guess they have 18k life so it’s not a good example…

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Nice trollbait post, 8/8 would buy again.

Attachments:

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

You the player intentionally walked trough RoF, which gave you 3 stacks of burning.

Yeah right.

So RoF

• Has no cap on the amount of times it can put 3 stacks of burning on you.
  • It deals more damage than any other condition.
  • If you teleport out, you still get 3 stacks.
  • It has a 10s cd.
  • Eles can kite trough it for extreme long denial of movement, and even more survivability.
  • The amount of cleave on a dead body gets entire teams killed.
  • Burning blinds you.
  • Nobody would intentionally walk trough the ring, unless they have to get out of cleave. Or they get knocked back trough the ring. Or they are being focussed by 3 players.
  • While scraping the edges to avoid damage, you can accidently rack up your personal burning to 6 stacks.
  • Dodging out of RoF will mean that this skill will bait more dodges than anything in a team fight.
  • Its spammable, hard to interrupt.
  • Ele’s will say: “good positioning needs to be rewarded!” But honestly, any player, or even a cat knows that placing a RoF on top of 3 players on point will get free kills all day.
  • DD ele reputation will be destroyed further and further if you keep defending it.
  • I play DD ele
  • Its OP
* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

kappa

Why not warriors can hit with 9k final strike while being immuned to conditions, i guess they have 18k life so it’s not a good example…

I wasn’t… wut? I was making fun of the fact that thieves are QQing about conditions (burns) when they’re running glassy builds with 0 condi cleanses….

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

kappa

I wasn’t… wut? I was making fun of the fact that thieves are QQing about conditions (burns) when they’re running glassy builds with 0 condi cleanses….

What if I told you that a condi clearing non berzerker thief is useless in the current
Meta?

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: OminousClouds.4517

OminousClouds.4517

ele and guardian just “BURING” that kill someone, need no skills, just bur burn and burn ,

is this BBQ War 2? learn to play? you’re kidding right?

Attachments:

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

ele and guardian just “BURING” that kill someone, need no skills, just bur burn and burn ,

may be we should start a new thread on how much burn damage we managed to take before biting the dust xD

Attachments:

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Kossuth.2168

Kossuth.2168

So you stayed alive with all that burn. Congrats bro, you don’t need to learn to play. Please teach other people how to do that though.

"Fire"

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

may be we should start a new thread on how much burn damage we managed to take before biting the dust xD

Gotta love the damage per total amount of hits…
26 Poison ticks? 3k damage.
30 Torment ticks? 4.5k damage.
43 Bleed ticks? 8.6k damage.
49 burn ticks? Pirceless… Oh, I mean 50.7k damage…

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

This whole problem with burning is simple guys, while there is no “BLEEDING” Field and we cant stack bleeds as fast as finnishing burn field. Sometimes its just plain dumb the amout of dmg burning can deal. Ring of fire, everyone says its op. give it 1sec ICD and you will reailse its not op, its just terrain buggs that sometimes stack 6 burns instead of 3, or standing on it (or beeing knocked on it) skyrockets burns like madman.
Basicly ele that was rly “skill” class now is basicly drop the fire combo -> defensive on other 3 attuments -> drop the fire combo. What i find most bs is that if you fight on point with someone or there is a teamfight, You will get 100-0 burnguarded unless you see exactly when he starts combo, Idiots will say “its 1 condi and you cant cleanse it” dont understand that this combo aplies 19 BURNS in 1 SEC, if you happen to blink in the moment he starts combo YOUR DEAD. If any build can kill someone in 1 sec please make it HIGH RISK HIGH REVARD, not DROP COMBO use GODMODERepeat combo. Thats just plain stupid. I play every class i can see that in case of warriors right now with zerk meta they go all in! They need to deal insane dmg and cc before someone kills them, same goes for thief if he gets knocked its auto death. Even dumb insane dmg Mesmer with pu if gets rupted will be sqashed like a bug. But when we apply it to Ele and Burnguard its like ele has insane defensive potential with whole CC on earth blinds/evade on fire stun/knock/weakness on air chill and heal on water… Other bullkitten is whole burnguard killing all joy in pve. Most of them just run Sword/Focus(for more blocks) get insane burn in 1 sec combo, runs away with godmodes and repeat combo till someone is dead. I know i should mark them and force my team to focus burnguards and eles but it JUST takes SO MUCH TIME to kill them while they deal thier dmg. It’s even easier to kill PU mesmer than focus Ele.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Dont tell me that if fire damage gets reduced u cant kill and u wil be killed by everyone???

I am playign with fire becouse is easy to kill, atm i dont care about effort in this "bad""(just burning some irl time) game, havent u notice every player is tunning up fire damage? I wonder why.

Yes damage is a bit to strong, and is a l2p issue if u cant kill w/o fire damage, or class balance is even worse than most think, if that even exist in this game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

This pretty much says it all.

How on earth does something so overbudget compared to other conditions go unnoticed during internal testing…much less a month after the patch???

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

This pretty much says it all.

How on earth does something so overbudget compared to other conditions go unnoticed during internal testing…much less a month after the patch???

it wasn’t unnoticed, it is intetional which is the sad part

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

yeah but if you’re queued with a bunker who’s running shouts and soldiers runes you are set. burning is a non issue. so just run a proper comp.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

You the player intentionally walked trough RoF, which gave you 3 stacks of burning.

Yeah right.

So RoF

• Has no cap on the amount of times it can put 3 stacks of burning on you.
  • It deals more damage than any other condition.
  • If you teleport out, you still get 3 stacks.
  • It has a 10s cd.
  • Eles can kite trough it for extreme long denial of movement, and even more survivability.
  • The amount of cleave on a dead body gets entire teams killed.
  • Burning blinds you.
  • Nobody would intentionally walk trough the ring, unless they have to get out of cleave. Or they get knocked back trough the ring. Or they are being focussed by 3 players.
  • While scraping the edges to avoid damage, you can accidently rack up your personal burning to 6 stacks.
  • Dodging out of RoF will mean that this skill will bait more dodges than anything in a team fight.
  • Its spammable, hard to interrupt.
  • Ele’s will say: “good positioning needs to be rewarded!” But honestly, any player, or even a cat knows that placing a RoF on top of 3 players on point will get free kills all day.
  • DD ele reputation will be destroyed further and further if you keep defending it.
  • I play DD ele
  • Its OP

Thank you for the common sense, although it seems to be ignored…

I would just like to point out that no one is complaining about warrior, ranger, or engi burns. And that is because their skills are balanced.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

@Up well ranger trap cd on fire trap is way to low but still it can be countered, and forces them to stay in this kitten to bait enemies. In ele case they just drop and watch

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

So many ppl falling for the bait, lovely!

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

"Fire"

in PvP

ozzy.8059

only because it’s actually how ele players think =\

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Revert Burning to it’s Old version = problem solved.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

"Fire"

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Please don’t generalize like that. I defend that burning stacks need to be reduced in all fire dagger dagger skills.

What I see as an exageration is arguments that revolve as an circular aoe that fills all point are OP, because we have had them for ages now, wells say Hi, Meteor Storm says Hi etc…

If someone enters a well he knows he’s gonna get hurt same with ring of fire.

What I think needs to be discussed is the amount of burning stacks being too high for the cooldown the skill has, not the fact that it covers the point or is round. Bugs should also be removed from ring of fire, true ele players want their class to be balanced so we don’t get dulled and lower our abilities by playing something that is OP.

And this is what the majority of eles think.

"Fire"

in PvP

ozzy.8059

Please don’t generalize like that. I defend that burning stacks need to be reduced in all fire dagger dagger skills.

What I see as an exageration is arguments that revolve as an circular aoe that fills all point are OP, because we have had them for ages now, wells say Hi, Meteor Storm says Hi etc…

What I think needs to be discussed is the amount of burning stacks being too high for the cooldown the skill has, not the fact that it covers the point or is round. Bugs should also be removed from ring of fire, true ele players want their class to be balanced so we don’t get dulled and lower our abilities by playing something that is OP.

the other skills you quoted all have large cooldowns rof is 10 seconds not 30+ they also do not hit like a truck when cast to up to 5 targets or even single

"Fire"

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

the other skills you quoted all have large cooldowns rof is 10 seconds not 30+ they also do not hit like a truck when cast to up to 5 targets or even single

Hence I say:

What I think needs to be discussed is the amount of burning stacks being too high for the cooldown the skill has, not the fact that it covers the point or is round. Bugs should also be removed from ring of fire….

Thought it was pretty clear…

And please tell me how power necromancer wells don’t hit like a truck, you can also explain how aoe spells don’t affect even single???? yeah you might misplace them and don’t hit anyone, same goes with ring of fire…

I defend reasonable nerfs to ring of fire, like reduce the burn stacks on crossing and removal of bugs…but arguments like Oh its round and it takes the whole point really annoy me. Ring of fire existed pre patch and it wasn’t overpowered, burn stacking and the amount of burn stacks it got made it go over the top…that is the real issue all the rest is just L2P issues…

(edited by Talyn Sneider.1825)

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It wasn’t overpowered because there was little difference between 10s of burn and 10 minutes of burn. Both would get cleansed shortly.

Now that burn stacks in intensity, any skill that can spam apply stacks of burn is a killer.

Also, it seems ANet mostly balances the skills by throwing them at target dummies and checking how much damage it causes. That’s no wonder they never saw how messed up that ring of fire is when you cross it :p

"Fire"

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It wasn’t overpowered because there was little difference between 10s of burn and 10 minutes of burn. Both would get cleansed shortly.

Now that burn stacks in intensity, any skill that can spam apply stacks of burn is a killer.

Also, it seems ANet mostly balances the skills by throwing them at target dummies and checking how much damage it causes. That’s no wonder they never saw how messed up that ring of fire is when you cross it :p

“Still dummies pretty much never get hit by it, unless you knockback through the ring, which takes incredible skill and precision, otherwise the skill does almost no damage! We should raise it to 10 stacks to really reward good placement and team play.” :P

"Fire"

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Well, if they really test it on Dummies(I hope they do not), then d/d ele will keep #1 place in Meta for next 15 years and stuff like Burn etc will be a constant problem meanwhile.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.