First Birthday Gift - PvP opinions

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

This package contains one PvE miniature, one PvE experience scroll, and one mostly PvE all-in-one booster.

In my opinion this is quite unfair for PvP players. This birthday gift includes many bonuses for PvE players, but only one bonus for PvP players (glory boost).
To be more specific: the miniature can not be used in PvP, the scroll is useless for PvP, and the boost is only 20% useful for PvP.

Please state your opinion here. Am I the only one seeing this as a wrong attitude towards PvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Earlsimmons.7490

Earlsimmons.7490

everything is quite unfair for PVP Player -.- They forgot us….maybe they cant see us because of that Mist?

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

lol this is sooooo sad jajajaja Anet couldn’t even bring the birthday system from gw1 …. I wonder if someone else owns the right to gw1 and Anet will get sued for using anything good about gw1

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

So I am not the only one seeing this. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Who else remembers this game being promised as a pvp focused mmo lol.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This is because pvp rewards really sux.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

what would Anet even give you to make you feel good though?………
Birthday Skin?

……Can I have a hat that’s a birthdaycake with 1 candle on it?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Maybe a choice between weapon skins like the zenith weapons. That would of been really nice.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Yes Darnis. That skin made me happy just thinking on it. Great idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

lol this is sooooo sad jajajaja Anet couldn’t even bring the birthday system from gw1 …. I wonder if someone else owns the right to gw1 and Anet will get sued for using anything good about gw1

Makes sense.

Btw who needs a glory boost, i have 250 boosters and 310k glory i can’t spend on anything.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

Makes sense.

Btw who needs a glory boost, i have 250 boosters and 310k glory i can’t spend on anything.

consumable tokens. make dyes. sell them or something.

unique pvp skins would be pretty cool. at least that.

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

PvP is all about skins

yet the 1st birthday of Guild Wars 2 , nothing for PvPers
I also don’t need to mention how the newest skins in this game are either obtained through PvE contents or Gem Store. No PvP method possible~

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

google.3709

they could have made it like on gw1…

presents came with different mini pets of different rarity.. and they were trdable….. if you got lucky, even PvP’ers could make a little money for their loyalty… but i guess being loyal to the game means kitten!!! i wonder who came up with the idea of such trashy birthday presents… lol

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

PvP is all about skins

yet the 1st birthday of Guild Wars 2 , nothing for PvPers
I also don’t need to mention how the newest skins in this game are either obtained through PvE contents or Gem Store. No PvP method possible~

PVP forever get like.. 500 dyes sell those dyes.. get enough gold for one or two skins..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

What the hell are you guys all kittening complaining about.
In GW1 all you got was miniatures. I probably still have birthday presents sitting unopened.

Logged in due to this thread (Guess OP is better incentive then living story/pvp) just to check it out. The miniature isn’t PvE exclusive thought there might actually be some legitimate bias to pve in here and there isn’t. It’s just twisted thinking to formulate a complaint on something Anet actually didn’t botch this time.

Or are the rest of the players who actually played GW1 going to act surprised that there is a miniature as if they gave GW1 players 5,000 dollar checks as birthday presents.

There is plenty of areas to complain about this game if anyone wants to complain about it. Glory is near useless, diversity is depressing, balance leaves something to be desired, maps that need revision being forced down your neck regardless, slow rate of change, one mode, lack of tuts, lack of replays, blah blah.
I don’t think this is one of them.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

google.3709

minins on gw2 were random, of different rarities and gave the possibility of earning some cash and/or prestige( having an expensive mini)

on gw2, mini will be locked away on the bank forever never to bee seen again, since its ugly, account bound and everyone will have the same one!! ! do you still feel special ? :P

present on gw1; could be worth something
presnet on gw2; worthless.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

minins on gw2 were random, of different rarities and gave the possibility of earning some cash and/or prestige( having an expensive mini)

on gw2, mini will be locked away on the bank forever never to bee seen again, since its ugly, account bound and everyone will have the same one!! ! do you still feel special ? :P

All i got in gw1 were crappy whites and purples and many times the same one in a row. Flipping Purple canthan Kirin, must’ve gotten it 4 times.
No I don’t feel special. The birthday gift in gw1 never made me feel “special” ever it’s a god kitten set of pixels that you have to double-click to activate, and realistically were forgotten about within 10 minutes of obtaining them and only remembered when I saw someone in chat buying minis and when HoM came out. Who are we kidding? Mini’s don’t matter to a lot of people, but neither does do the two boosts, unless they needed to throw in a Liquid jar of Glory

However.
It was nice that they sent something. Same way I felt about receiving that purple kite thing and the other things they sent me before that I can’t remember for using the gem store.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

google.3709

you just had bad luck :p gold and green minis were usually worth something, and it was cool having them :P there was a whole mini pet market so it must have mattered to enough people. and u still have to double click to activate in gw2 hehehe

also.. most games send birthday presents, its nothing new, this one was just straight up bad!

oh fun fact, the most expensive item on gw1 was a mini pet :P the ghostly hero… which btw, you got from HA (PvP) Ö!! #GoodRewards

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Logged into gw1 and checked one of the birthday presents on my Paragon.
white miniature Juggernaut again… Think I have 3 of those in the bank I know one is dedicated in HoM…hate RNG.
Don’t know if I should open another present…I might get a kirin.
Everyone getting Queen Jennah gives me the (spiteful) glee that I didn’t get screwed relative to anyone else.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

google.3709

but also you don’t get rewarded since it holds no value whatsoever. its just there to say that you “got” something, even tho its gonna end up locked up on the bank and then forgotten about

its just really cheap how loyalty got “rewarded”, stick to the game for the first year, ride on its ups and lows and get trash :P devs are trolls!!

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

I agree that this gift did not take into account people who bought this game for the pvp elements.
1.Level 20 exp scroll:Don’t care, only do pvp
2.Birthday Booster: Only one of the five stats boosted actually pertain to pvp, and even that is useless. (Glory is useless, everyone has 300k+ of it anyways)
3. Mini Queen Jennah: Minis can be used for fun in the mists, but why does this character mean anything to me if I don’t pve enough to know anything about her?(Can’t even sell her to get me some nice dyes or something)

WHAT I SUGGEST: Add in another gift right now called “Pvp Birthday Gift”. What will it have it in? A choice between THREE of the 34 new champion skins for pvp. That’s right, the same champion skins that aren’t available for pvp at all! (Skins: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/gw2-champion-weapon-skins/ )

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

I agree that this gift did not take into account people who bought this game for the pvp elements.
1.Level 20 exp scroll:Don’t care, only do pvp
2.Birthday Booster: Only one of the five stats boosted actually pertain to pvp, and even that is useless. (Glory is useless, everyone has 300k+ of it anyways)
3. Mini Queen Jennah: Minis can be used for fun in the mists, but why does this character mean anything to me if I don’t pve enough to know anything about her?(Can’t even sell her to get me some nice dyes or something)

WHAT I SUGGEST: Add in another gift right now called “Pvp Birthday Gift”. What will it have it in? A choice between THREE of the 34 new champion skins for pvp. That’s right, the same champion skins that aren’t available for pvp at all! (Skins: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/gw2-champion-weapon-skins/ )

I want Crystal Guardian and Entropy so hard.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Which has what to do with PvP exactly? You’re going way off the point here.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Its not unfair, its insulting.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

at first i really felt the same, although i’m not a pvp only player but a pvp mainly player.

it really felt completely unfair to ignore in a so called pvp game which claims for esports that they just give a kitten thing about you.

now i tell you why i don’t feel this way anymore. i spent some time in lions arch doing pve stuff. in about 30 minutes i heard so freakin many people complaining about the birthday gifts – and those where pve only players. i just couldn’t get why people can complain about gifts. i still cannot get it, it’s unbelievable.

then i came to the point that this game is just full of fastidiously little brats and no one really deserves to get a gift.

this really gets me angry

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Static.9841

at first i really felt the same, although i’m not a pvp only player but a pvp mainly player.

it really felt completely unfair to ignore in a so called pvp game which claims for esports that they just give a kitten thing about you.

now i tell you why i don’t feel this way anymore. i spent some time in lions arch doing pve stuff. in about 30 minutes i heard so freakin many people complaining about the birthday gifts – and those where pve only players. i just couldn’t get why people can complain about gifts. i still cannot get it, it’s unbelievable.

then i came to the point that this game is just full of fastidiously little brats and no one really deserves to get a gift.

this really gets me angry

I agree with the essence of this. We didn’t actually have to get anything at all, funnily enough, we’re not owed anything either, this was simply a gift for players – look at it as a thank you, and yet self-entitled players spit in the face of that because it’s “not what they want”. So what? Again, you didn’t have to be given anything, a lot of complaints over the gifts are akin to some kitten little child crying because they weren’t given the right iPhone for christmas and act like it’s the end of the world.

At first, I thought “huh, this exp scroll is kind of silly”, but guess what, I don’t have to keep it or use it and it was my choice to level up several other characters and not everyone in the game has a huge character army they wanted to level.

People need to learn gratitude for free items instead of crying about it and to complain that it’s not poingant to PvP is pretty stupid when the best gift we could get are to actually sort out some of the deeper rooted problems currently in PvP.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

About the last 2 posts: basically every single GW1 player filled in every single character slot at the day of launch (I bet), because they were already looking forward to the minipet gifts they will likely have

Then a gigantic slap in the face. What should they do with 5-8 Jennahs?

And you know what’s really annoying? At the same time, Arenanet adds a second minipet pack to the GEMSTORE containing 42 minis.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Static.9841

Again, they didn’t have to give you anything. I don’t see the problem, nor do I see how it’s “a gigantic slap in the face”. Really? a mini means THAT much to you? Honestly…

Putting mini’s on the gemstore isn’t a problem. The only viable comments I’ve seen are those were a little disappointed that it didn’t follow the same system as GW1 with a random mini being issued. But to act like you’re entitled to it is incredibly overboard as is acting like it’s the end of the world because it wasn’t the same way. I’ve logged in at times during Living Story events and they’ll have sent me items I wasn’t even expecting (for example the pack of holo minipets) which is something they didn’t have to do and was a nice surprise. You’re just biting the hand that feeds you at this point.

I will say again, considering what thread this is in, that a mini has no bearing to what happens in PvP, nor does it fix any of the problems. How did getting a random mini affect PvP in GW1? It didn’t. The complaints here are very misplaced and seem more centric to getting a mini than anything whatsoever to do with PvP at all.

(edited by Static.9841)

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

No they basically took over nothing from GW1 but the names for skills, places and NPCs.

This was our last hope, to continue these gifts. Now they are gone, but you can buy it from the gemstore. Isn’t it wonderful?

And we could sell or show off these minis. Basically, everyone has a Jennah. 0 diversity, just like PvP. There’s nothing special about it, booster and scroll will be gone, and the Jennah worths as much as a mini risen priest of Balthazar.

Also, the GW1 version had the gift feeling
Like:
“hey look I got a Shiro!”
“Not bad, I got a bone dragon!”
“dude lucky you!”

Now everyone knows what’s in their gift before they open it. And it’s the same for everyone.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

I felt indifferent to the contents of my birthday present when I opened it last night, but seeing this thread made think about it as another missed opportunity to create something special for SPvPers or draw in more PVE players to the Mists.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

So far it seems there are some PvP players unhappy with what they received on the anniversary gift.
It is good I am not alone, I do not feel as the only one seeing and feeling things this way.

On one hand this is a gift, it is not a right for players to receive, but a privilege; on the other hand PvP is an important section of the game, and rewarding all players with something special and unique after one year of PvP, makes them feel like developers care about them.

Thank you anyway for the anniversary PvE gift and for the reduced prices on item shop on this special occasion.

(edited by Acrisor.8097)

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

If you are only unhappy about some birthday gift, consider yourself lucky.

I, for one, am disapointed with the state of the meta, slacking on important balance and bugfixes, and the constant middle-finger at PvPers every 2 weeks. Not to mention rewards and the ammount of unique skins PvE has and PvP has none.

You wanna know why Im not creating topics complaining anymore?

Because I dont care anymore, I came to accept that PvP is not their focus and it never will. They’ll keep slowly pushing PvP things off, and we’ll keep slowly building our frustations at their lack of effort/resources to this scene.

This game’s PvP has potential. Just not gonna happen with the company’s priorities.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

kito.1827

Then a gigantic slap in the face. What should they do with 5-8 Jennahs?

so getting a present is a gigantic slap in the face for you? i really feel sorry for you and i wish you to never ever get any present on any celebration in the future. poor you…

i knew a little girl, once she realised the present of christmas gifts she wrote to santa that she would like to have a little pony. she never got one and knew that it probably will never happen, but she tried. this little 5 year old girl was far more mature than you are.

but i think now i have to realise that gw2 is pegi 12 and the majority of the players must be exactly that age – no adult would act like this.

seriously… expecting presents… poor mankind

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

kito.1827

This was our last hope, to continue these gifts. Now they are gone, but you can buy it from the gemstore. Isn’t it wonderful?

ok, calling out a birthday present as the community’s last hope is just…. i …. what…. tz…. i mean…. aaaahhhh!

that’s it. nothing more to say. i’m out.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

i’m out.

I’m glad to hear it Btw by that means this was the last hope, that they already trashed everything we loved in GW1, and birthday gift (for obvious reasons) were the last in the line to be screwed up.

And yes gifts are useless and it has 0 surprise factor.

If they did it right in GW1 why not in the sequel? The question remains since launch.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]