Fix Chronomancer For The Sake Of Community

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I’ve never been one to post about a class being OP but lately I’ve been hearing from other players that they are going to sit out of season 3 if Chronomancer isn’t fixed. This idea seems to be trending within the past week.

Why are players saying this?
Mainly I hear them claim: “Chronomancer is knocking too many builds not only out of possible meta but also out of viability in general play, even in unranked”.

People are fed up with balance/viability issues. During season 2 many players left the spvp scene and I have yet to see them come back. This exodus will only continue if some working median of balance isn’t achieved before season 3.

I won’t even toss suggestions on how to fix it because (A) I am not a Mesmer player and (B) I generally play Druid which usually beats a Chronomancer on point anyway so I can’t really identify what the problems are with the Chronomancer. This post was simply to report that these players who are ready to leave spvp in season 3 are just as serious about what they say as the players who did leave during season 2.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I can kill (average) mes on thief but only because daredevil has crap load of dodges, interrupts, double plasma with resistance boon, generocity sigil and withdraw clearing torment. I can totally see how it is close to impossible to deal with them on other classes. If team has 2 mes then GG. They will guard every point and condi nuke anyone on map thanks to double portal.

CS shouldn’t affect elites imo and chrono GM trait needs a nerf.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Talked to a good mesmer player yesterday. He said that Chrono was OP himself. Their survivability seems to be too high for their damage output, or the other way around.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

If you expect Anet to ever have good balance in pvp your smoking something illegal in which case plz share it as it would make their idea of “Balance” & “class design” more tolerable.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Enjoy a different flavor of the cancer that has been plaguing wvw for so long

or run teef/war/condi rev to combat it

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hey, if it can be killed, then it is fine! XD

Trevor’s druid and Cynz’s daredevil can kill chronos so its all good.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

More mesmer QQ’ing? Every season it’s the same sob story. I get it, Bunker mesmer last season was bad. But we are far from that now. After the way to many nerf that mesmers has incurred in the last year alone, we are left with one viable build. ONE! & the only reason why the class is surviving pvp is not cuz of the merc amulet or the inspiration line or the high skill level that mesmer players are in. It’s cuz none of you keeping the pressure on the mesmer. It’s way to easy to kill it. You complainers are just to use to have to deal with mesmers that does no damage & that you can deal & dispatch with last. With no consequence. I’m sorry, but i feel the game more balanced then ever since this off season we are having more & more close matches then disparities.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I can kill (average) mes on thief but only because daredevil has crap load of dodges, interrupts, double plasma with resistance boon, generocity sigil and withdraw clearing torment. I can totally see how it is close to impossible to deal with them on other classes. If team has 2 mes then GG. They will guard every point and condi nuke anyone on map thanks to double portal.

CS shouldn’t affect elites imo and chrono GM trait needs a nerf.

You’ll whine about mesmers being able to quadriple portal if/when they nerf CS.

When you see double mes, bring a thief and a healbot. Case closed. You’ll force the mesmer into backpedal

Ontopic, I suppose most of the crying out comes from wannabe revenants. Given chrono can absolutely and dominantly beat up revenant with one hand tied to their back (lol much rev, so op). These guys are absolutely terrible at this game and try to bandwagon hard. The problem with revenant however is that it actually has quite high skill floor. I mean sure, everyone can spam precision strike and unrelenting assault and call it a day, but so could everyone spam heartseeker and death blossom and/or vault. Neither of which is a good idea btw, in case you had the wrong ideas. Vault gets a little cheesy but if you can mitigate the damage the thief is 2-3 shot after that.

Infact vault thieves easily beat up chronos The AoE of the attack is pretty big and you are able to destroy the clones while in evasion frames. Mesmers barely, if at all, stealth these days so if you are observant you know who they are

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

More mesmer QQ’ing? Every season it’s the same sob story. I get it, Bunker mesmer last season was bad. But we are far from that now. After the way to many nerf that mesmers has incurred in the last year alone, we are left with one viable build. ONE! & the only reason why the class is surviving pvp is not cuz of the merc amulet or the inspiration line or the high skill level that mesmer players are in. It’s cuz none of you keeping the pressure on the mesmer. It’s way to easy to kill it. You complainers are just to use to have to deal with mesmers that does no damage & that you can deal & dispatch with last. With no consequence. I’m sorry, but i feel the game more balanced then ever since this off season we are having more & more close matches then disparities.

Power Shatter took skill and timing to use. The meta condi Mesmer is the very definition of spam and tank playstyle. Its much more like the bunker Mes from season 1 in its play style than the Power Shatter that people were ok with in the past.

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Mesmer takes no skill to play. It is not the profession of “trickery and chaos theory”, it is the profession of “I’m not good at any other profession and I want to annoy you”. Mesmer has the reputation of being “whoa man, it looks so trippy, it must be hard to play!” but we both know that’s bull kitten. GW1 mesmer was hard to play, and I miss it dearly. I probably don’t have as many hours on GW2 mesmer as you, but I have 623, which is a pretty good chunk of my life. I can’t even play it anymore, it’s so easy and stupid. Also, it’s impossible to keep pressure on mesmer when there are 3 of them on every team and no, it isn’t easy to kill.

Attachments:

(edited by Alex Shatter.7956)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, I honestly think that balance overall is relatively good this season outside of chronos. With some smart, but stern nerfs to chrono, I think the meta could be in a solid state…

…but historically, the mini ‘balance’ patch that lands right before a season starts has always been pretty much inconsequential, so I sadly doubt we’ll see anything major enough to make a difference, despite all the feedback.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Chrono has a few overperforming skills due to F5 interactions with stuff like Moa and Signet of Illusions that have a big impact on sPvP so are likely to be addressed with the next balance round or possibly sooner. I think that will solve much of what upsets people currently.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Ah I knew it would happen eventually. Thief has completely fallen out of hate (3 years ago it wa nerf pls nerf pls nerf pls), which had lasted for so long.

Now Mesmer is the new scapegoat that nobody will ever find fair until it’s nerfed into oblivion and taken completely out of play like Thief was.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Chrono has a few overperforming skills due to F5 interactions with stuff like Moa and Signet of Illusions that have a big impact on sPvP so are likely to be addressed with the next balance round or possibly sooner. I think that will solve much of what upsets people currently.

Problem is the Moa and CS/Elite split suggestions were mentioned weeks ago (often and loudly) and ANET did nothing, so not sure what the chances are of them doing anything before season 3.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Power Shatter took skill and timing to use. The meta condi Mesmer is the very definition of spam and tank playstyle. Its much more like the bunker Mes from season 1 in its play style than the Power Shatter that people were ok with in the past.

Shatter is shatter no matter if it’s power or condi base. Playing mesmer takes skill & espacially timing or you die. Simple as that! If you dont time your shatters, They are bloc, dodged or just plain ignored & resisted. So i’m sorry, but your argument does not hold here. The rest..keep QQ’ing.. seems your high on that skill. sigh..:(

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Lol. You seem to be surprised that mesmer only has one viable build. 6 out of 9 professions have 1 viable build for top pvp, the other 3 have 0.

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Shatter is shatter no matter if it’s power or condi base. Playing mesmer takes skill & espacially timing or you die. Simple as that! If you dont time your shatters, They are bloc, dodged or just plain ignored & resisted. So i’m sorry, but your argument does not hold here. The rest..keep QQ’ing.. seems your high on that skill. sigh..:(

Mesmers have got sick invul block and evade duration… instant heal and condi clears… a one shot button… twice… and such immense and constant condi pressure that it doesnt even matter if the opponents dodge the clones… so uhh… skill?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Ehhh.. Quite obvious you’re trying to protect your main class.. Way too obvious. Anything you just said is subjective and is by no means close to the truth:
1. Bunker Mesmer was bad last season: What? Oh, guess I was mistaken all those mesmers in every ESL-team for a Thief. Or a Warrior. Oh wait. (We will still see many mesmers in coming ESL/PL/Season.. Jeez, I wonder why. Probably because it’s so easy to kill)
2. Way too many nerfs to mesmer last year: Orly? And you think they didn’t deserve it? With all the nerfs mesmer is still God Tier and a necessity to every team. I do agree the power/mantra build from half year ago was quite good but the mantra’s were quite broken. Atleast it still took more skill than condi/bunker mesmer now.
3. None focusing mesmer: Look, this is exactly the same issue as with the Turrent Engi; its too easy vs most of the pvp community. Also in top tier, if running 2 mesmers, there’s not much ppl can do. It’s a low risk = high reward, exactly the same as it was with Turrent Engi, but without the decap cc abilities. Focusing a mesmer midst teamfight while it blocks and invulns 20 times, there’s not much a team can do. Basically all it does is baiting all the heavy cd’s from enemies and makes your job easier to kill them off later. Teamfights are too chaotic aswel to keep an eye on all the defensive mesmerskills.
4. More balanced: Yes, the pvp overal is more balanced but not because of mesmers and revenants. On the contrary; mesmers even got buffs when they should’ve had nerfs and are dominating everywhere in PvP. Go join a hotjoin and see how many ppl are running this ridiculous mesmer build right now, outside you.

I understand you want to protect your main but be realistic for everyone and not just yourself. Always think about General PvP community and not just you.

Anet has still a long way to go after they removed HamBow meta and went in the dark.
I still wish they could turn back time and implent HamBow meta with current stability changes, that would be THE perfect meta everyone wants; trust me.

Back then EVERY class was viable and EVERY class could win a 1v1. It was more skill-depended than any other meta. Back then shatter mesmers were underdog but performing so well with a fellow thief.

Now it just tanks and kills anything without any effort; 2v1 or 4v2..

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

Mesmer takes no skill to play. It is not the profession of “trickery and chaos theory”, it is the profession of “I’m not good at any other profession and I want to annoy you”. Mesmer has the reputation of being “whoa man, it looks so trippy, it must be hard to play!” but we both know that’s bull kitten. GW1 mesmer was hard to play, and I miss it dearly. I probably don’t have as many hours on GW2 mesmer as you, but I have 623, which is a pretty good chunk of my life. I can’t even play it anymore, it’s so easy and stupid. Also, it’s impossible to keep pressure on mesmer when there are 3 of them on every team and no, it isn’t easy to kill.

First off: 623 hours isn’t that much I have about 3.7k hours on mesmer and think that isn’t that much either

Scnd: if you dislike the way meta chrono plays, go and try another build. Maybe make something that you feel skillfull with. Noone tells you to play meta!

If you want fun, assign traitlines to the numbers of a dice, then roll it 3 times more fun? Roll dice for weapons, skills and traits! There is no need for meta if you want to have some fun

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, the patch notes are in and the duration was nerfed.

I’m not sure this will be enough to bring mesmers to a reasonable level, but it’s a better change than I anticipated and I understand the desire to shave downwards conservatively instead of risking over-nerfing.

I’m also glad to see the shave to Surge of the Mists.

Good job ANet. I’m looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

It’s been reduced from 10 seconds to 6. I was hoping it wouldn’t be nerfed but hopefully now people can leave the mesmer alone.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

It’s been reduced from 10 seconds to 6. I was hoping it wouldn’t be nerfed but hopefully now people can leave the mesmer alone.

You’re waaaaayyyyy too optimistic. Mesmer would always seem OP even when underwhelming. The reason for that is that lower tiers don’t know how to handle the class.

note: I am not saying chrono is not OP currently, but mesmer always get disproportionate hate.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I normally play either power shatter or a power, power block rupt chrono, when I play mesmer. Given that the condi meta build has been more of a thorn in my side, I went about playing it to understand it better. The build is idiot proof with merc amulet and all. The build just requires 2 clones/phantasms you can smash your face on your shatters and win your 1v1 or 1vX without much concquence since IR+ Chronopantasma gives about fullstrength shatters almost every time, can’t kite the clones either since superspeed shatters. Power shatter was much more skillful because there was a risk of actually getting killed. I think people that are saying this build is skillful is full of it, considering all the tankiness passive and fall backs it has.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

I used to main power shatter at some point, which was helluva lot of fun back in the days.
IMO the skillfulness of the class didn’t come only from setting up your shatters, but also from the fact that it took quite a piano concert on the keyboard to not get eaten alive by thieves.
Chrono survivability even without Stealth is insane compared to Power Shatter. OH Shield is by far the best off hand choice a Mesmer could have now.
Where is torch and all the Stealth set-ups? Where is GS?
Nowhere, because Staff is just plain better for the current meta and it would be just stupid not to take OH shield when it clearly outshines everything else.

You can toy around with builds, but if you go for maximum effectiveness (which people usually do in Ranked PvP), you will take OH Shield. Block and CC? Yes, please.

I don’t think the issue is with the damage. It took skill before to set up a shatter, it takes now as well. Once you learn to dodge through clones, the mesmer really has to be on his toes to land a proper shatter on you.
But at the moment the class is just too forgiving, with blocks, ports, invulns.
It’s too easy to stay alive on Chrono while you’d continuously apply pressure

That is my issue at least.

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks