Fix DC (>2mins)- Reconnects gives -MMR

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hi all,

This bug is something that will hopefully get fixed.
Both scenarios are full of Solo Q players in ranked arena.

Scenario A: The bug
You are in a game where it’s a fun PvP Game (50-60)- player 2 gets DC
Player 2 stats DC for 3 mins of the game (Score now: 300-170).
Your team is now loosing – having lost a key player for an extended time.
Player 2 reconnects back into the game with 20s remaining.
You lose the match (500v400) – Team MMR loss per player is between -16 and -30 (for each player). All players in the solo Q lose MMR on the loosing team.

Scenario B
You are in a game where it’s a fun PvP Game (50-60)- player 2 gets DC
Player 2 stats DC for 3 mins of the game (Score now: 300-170).
Your team is now loosing – having lost a key player for an extended time.
Player 2 does not reconnect back into the game.
You lose the match (500v300) – Team MMR loss per player is 0 (for each player) as there was a DC.

Scenario C
Same as Scenario A but instead of one DC>2 mins the player 2 has 4 DCs of 35s each and reconnects before the end. All solo players lose MMR.

Why is it we have Scenario A?
I cannot think of any circumstances where if a player reconnects after 2 mins the entire team should be punished?

Can anyone justify why Scenario A is different than Scenario B and a reasonable reason why the team could still win and should be punished for Player 2 returning from DC > 2 mins ?

Thanks

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

TPMN.1483

So the above is working as intended ?

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

No clue to be honest. There have been times where extended disconnects (greater then a minute or two) would cause you to not lose rating if the player was not grouped with you and times where you still would loss rating. We appear to be back to penalizing people for things beyond there control regardless. It seems intentional to me. I’m going to guess its some ridiculous attempt to stop intricate match manipulation where people try to synch queue and then someone goes ld if he is on a different team to ensure a win for his friends. So we are all paying now for something that is extremely rare. A-net pls revert to lds of people not grouped with you not costing you rating.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

If you are a duo you will lose pts if you queued with the player that DCd. I have always gotten a 0 when someone DCd for an extended period of time.

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

I double-checked this internally, and the disconnected player returning to the match has no impact on the rating loss. As long as they were disconnected for over 2 minutes their teammates (excluding party members) will get -0.

cmc in game

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

I double-checked this internally, and the disconnected player returning to the match has no impact on the rating loss. As long as they were disconnected for over 2 minutes their teammates (excluding party members) will get -0.

Actually, could you make some minor corrections to that rule? Currently it seems you guys assume that every time that happens the team would lose so obviously they shouldn’t lose rating, but in reality both rating loss AND gain seem to be disabled.

A couple of times we managed to win despite playing with 4 players (if the DC happened late for example) or if the 5th reconnected and we kept on tryharding. However, despite winning the game, we got 0 rating for it.

Once a DC occurs currently there is no reason to play the game because what we do in the match has no effect on the rating whatsoever, which sucks.

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Actually, could you make some minor corrections to that rule? Currently it seems you guys assume that every time that happens the team would lose so obviously they shouldn’t lose rating, but in reality both rating loss AND gain seem to be disabled.

A couple of times we managed to win despite playing with 4 players (if the DC happened late for example) or if the 5th reconnected and we kept on tryharding. However, despite winning the game, we got 0 rating for it.

Once a DC occurs currently there is no reason to play the game because what we do in the match has no effect on the rating whatsoever, which sucks.

If you win a 4v5 (or any game where a teammate is DCed for over 2 minutes) you should still get rating for that win. I’m not seeing any issues with this internally; if you run into this again I’d be interested to know a couple of things:

1) Do you see the 0 rating delta on the League UI at the end of the match, or does it show no delta at all?
2) How does the game appear in the game history on the main tab of the pvp menu (does it show 0 rating or no rating at all, or is the game not even shown at all)?

cmc in game

in PvP

TPMN.1483

Cal – sent you an example (check mail) where I believe the -MMR loss occurred and a player returned after being DC > 3 mins. Used to happen a lot in prior seasons where we would pray a player would not return as pip loss/MMR loss would be guaranteed.

Ofc it could be time moves more quickly than we think when playing a fast moving game.

MatchID: 2BDE7051-2139-4057-9AA5-199E8C348E93
Start Time: 2017-07-14T21:27:29.824Z
End-Result: Defeat
Score: 501v473 (Ranked Match)

- I was not the one who DC’d someone else did > 2 mins, pretty sure and we all lost points.

(edited by TPMN.1483)

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

On the rare occasion I have won a 4v5 I got points. however, it was a lot less than I normally get since the were rated lower than me, which was likely why we were able to win a 4v5.

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

If you win a 4v5 (or any game where a teammate is DCed for over 2 minutes) you should still get rating for that win. I’m not seeing any issues with this internally; if you run into this again I’d be interested to know a couple of things:

1) Do you see the 0 rating delta on the League UI at the end of the match, or does it show no delta at all?
2) How does the game appear in the game history on the main tab of the pvp menu (does it show 0 rating or no rating at all, or is the game not even shown at all)?

1) It did show the green 0.
2) I don’t remember, but I’ll take screenshots next time this happens.

in PvP

Posted by: xp eke xp.6724

xp eke xp.6724

got errorcode: 42:0:9001:4402 => match loosed, i tried to reconect and got kicked again after matchstart. after waiting 5 mins i can join the game again, with -14 p and disonnor. ~best time to take a break~

well i just loose 14 points and can fight them back but it´s not nice to try to relog and get punisht that way :/

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Cal – sent you an example (check mail) where I believe the -MMR loss occurred and a player returned after being DC > 3 mins. Used to happen a lot in prior seasons where we would pray a player would not return as pip loss/MMR loss would be guaranteed.

Ofc it could be time moves more quickly than we think when playing a fast moving game.

MatchID: 2BDE7051-2139-4057-9AA5-199E8C348E93
Start Time: 2017-07-14T21:27:29.824Z
End-Result: Defeat
Score: 501v473 (Ranked Match)

- I was not the one who DC’d someone else did > 2 mins, pretty sure and we all lost points.

I took a look at this match and the guy that DCed was gone for about 70 seconds. As you said time can feel a lot faster than it is when you’re playing.

1) It did show the green 0.
2) I don’t remember, but I’ll take screenshots next time this happens.

I did a quick check on your match history for games with 0 rating adjustment and only found forfeits (losses where your team had a dc). What I’m suspecting is that there may be a case where the end of match UI incorrectly shows a 0 rating delta (possibly due to server lag or something else), but you did actually get an adjustment. This would be accurately displayed in the game history so keep an eye out if you see this again.

cmc in game