Fix PvP matchmaking

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

But if two people went far then thats 2 people who dont agree with you, 1 person. Who died and made you team leader? Home + far is valid on some maps, and some team compositions. I recently won a game going home + far because we understood its better than conventional home + mid.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Crusader.5497

Crusader.5497

I have won games where everyone did whatever, it doesn’t make it a good strat.

I talked to people in Platin who have been PvPing for years, and they all say CLOSE-MID is the only viable strat.

Why would you ever do far when it’s much harder to take than close and the maps are symmetric so it makes no difference in terrain whatsoever? You are taking nonsense, the only exception to symmetrical maps would be Kyhlo (though I don’t see why you would go far especially here), but I have these “people” on all other maps too.

(edited by Crusader.5497)

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Crusader.5497

I’ll be back in a week.

If I still get these “people” (because I can’t call them other names on the forum) in matches, I’m done with this game.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

You’d be hard pressed to take mid foefire if your team composition is bad on that large point. 3/2 split actually makes for 2 2v2 situations on home and far which are much more doable and you can ninja mid if they leave it.

Theres no hard points to capture in pvp, only points with more or less people. If yoi made the enemies home point uncapped for the duration of a drawn out 3v4 at mid, even if you fail to win far you are still 1 node ahead.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

lol close mid is not the only viable strat it completely depends on your team comp and other factors. pvp doesn’t have a guarantee’d set of rules that will work every time.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

And sure at platinum, where ideally everyone understands meta and rotations it is a game of mechanics and combat. But i find at silver and gold you are challenging the oppositions teamwork and lack of understanding.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Crusader.5497

And if you get caught out you get killed and lose your caps too. Like I said, I don’t know who you are, but people with years of experience tell me CLOSE-MID is the only viable strat, so I will trust them.

On top of that, I have won by 200 points each time when people actually stayed CLOSE-MID, and I have not lost a single game.

You know what, I aleady know ArenaNet won’t fix this, or teach people how to PvP in a week. I’m uninstalling and this is my last post, I won’t bother with a bad PvP system. BB

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

A 4v4 on foefire is pretty much an idiotic coinflip anyways. No pro out there can tell you with certainty they’d win mid 4v4 unless they were up against 4 thieves.

I love going far with a nuisance decap warrior on foefire. Its got enough sustain to hold out a 2v1 for a while and can even quickly decap even if the enemy tries to bunker down. If i can win, great, if i die to 2v1 but force a long period of decap, im still winning resource wise and only for 5 score.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You really shouldn’t tunnel vision into mid-close as the only acceptable option. Sometimes you just can’t win mid no matter what due to comp so it makes sense to go side nodes and force them to be outnumbered while they have a guy afking mid which tends to happen a lot because some people aren’t very bright.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

FROM HERE ON, HE WILL BE KNOWN AS…THE LAST CRUSADER.

Round of applause please.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

And if you get caught out you get killed and lose your caps too. Like I said, I don’t know who you are, but people with years of experience tell me CLOSE-MID is the only viable strat, so I will trust them.

On top of that, I have won by 200 points each time when people actually stayed CLOSE-MID, and I have not lost a single game.

You know what, I aleady know ArenaNet won’t fix this, or teach people how to PvP in a week. I’m uninstalling and this is my last post, I won’t bother with a bad PvP system. BB

The other day on Foefire, team split 2/2/1, and we cap all 3 points. This was Gold/Platinum team. Maybe you need to reconsider your strategy of mid/home only? Or are things done different in Silver?

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Im not sure what you are saying.

Because literally the 1-1-3 push was the split among any teams for TOL and ESL leagues for years among the best players.

Also my Guild team use to do the 1-3-1 push with our best 1 vs 1 player going home. Our thief to pester far and power necro mid with a shout guardian and shout warrior.

I finished i believe at 1719 or 1704 last season but the close-mid thing is meaningless.

You want to hold 2 cap points period. If the other team has 2 players you can not beat in team fights against. It be better to cross push where they are not at. Also you should be fighting on the roads. If you can catch players running to a point you can pinch players sitting on nodes.

I dont understand that tunnel vision logic.

Fix PvP matchmaking

in PvP

Ramoth.9064

Im not sure what you are saying.

Because literally the 1-1-3 push was the split among any teams for TOL and ESL leagues for years among the best players.

Also my Guild team use to do the 1-3-1 push with our best 1 vs 1 player going home. Our thief to pester far and power necro mid with a shout guardian and shout warrior.

I finished i believe at 1719 or 1704 last season but the close-mid thing is meaningless.

You want to hold 2 cap points period. If the other team has 2 players you can not beat in team fights against. It be better to cross push where they are not at. Also you should be fighting on the roads. If you can catch players running to a point you can pinch players sitting on nodes.

I dont understand that tunnel vision logic.

Argh ive been trying to explain this to people for the longest time. Fight on point, yes, sometimes if the fight has moved there. Otherwise, you float between the two points you control and intercept.