in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It’s not even funny how fast this kitten goes down

Foefire Lord needs a buff

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What it needs is a point nerf. I never understand why people think a PvE event on a PvP map is a good idea. It shouldn’t be worth more than 75-100 points.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Lord needs a downstate, a better healing skill (preferably something like rev glint heal) and should always reveal players that enter the dais.

Scrapper just use their stealth gyro, stealth behind boss, whip out bulwark gyro and hammer lord down in record time.

DH just jump in, put down traps, knock him back, pull him → lord dead.

Thats a kittening bad design.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Oh look, I posted similar thing 17 days ago https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Foefire-lord-needs-some-more-buffs/first

At the time there was another large thread about it with multiple pages where self-proclaimed pros were trying to tell me that i failed to protect the doors, which are even easier than the lord.

I mean it should be a broken design if a single player can break the doors down and takedown teh 150 points lord faster than you can move from far to spawn to prevent it.

fun! fun! fun! fun!

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

a single player cant kill the lord fast enough before the enemy team can react, lord is strong enough and doesnt need any changes, if your door is broken that already means you should be prepared to rush to defend your lord any moment past 300 points

what should be changed however is the clarity of alarm message for lord defense, if the announcer is spammed by some messages like point capture info or “base under attack” it will often delay reporting that the lord is being attacked which might lead to defenders being late

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

What it needs is a point nerf. I never understand why people think a PvE event on a PvP map is a good idea. It shouldn’t be worth more than 75-100 points.

This could work for me.

Make him worth 100, and add in a downed state the same as Stronghold Lords and that should be enough solve the brokenness.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

You can literally kill the Lord while your team is in down state

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

A solo trap DH can kill him super fast. I’ve done it myself several times.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

The only change I’d like is the HP to be doubled. Currently, its too low. For something worth 150 points shouldn’t be soloable under 10 seconds…

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

For starters I’d like to see HP bars for the Lord and casters/soldiers like we had in GW1 GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Double the HP of lord and guards. Make it so that its impossible to kill solo or at least it should take a long time. And give lord downstate.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Yasi.9065

a single player cant kill the lord fast enough before the enemy team can react, lord is strong enough and doesnt need any changes, if your door is broken that already means you should be prepared to rush to defend your lord any moment past 300 points

what should be changed however is the clarity of alarm message for lord defense, if the announcer is spammed by some messages like point capture info or “base under attack” it will often delay reporting that the lord is being attacked which might lead to defenders being late

You clearly havent seen a DH do it. I started running straight to lord yesterday from mid when the message came, that DOORS are being attacked, and when I reached our gate he was dead. Thats just ridiculous.

With scrappers lord is around 40% when I reach him. So if someone just simply roots me, on my way there, I cant reach him in time to defend him.

in PvP

Posted by: gacob.1759

gacob.1759

The gates would take condi damage, not only direct damage.

Gacob – Main necromancer.
First Season PvP – Diamond II.
Second Season PvP – Diamond by now.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Lord needs to be buffed imo, made like a stronghold champion.

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Lord needs to be buffed yeah, too easy too kill, maybe give it a Defiance bar or somet might work.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Lexander.4579

You clearly havent seen a DH do it. I started running straight to lord yesterday from mid when the message came, that DOORS are being attacked, and when I reached our gate he was dead. Thats just ridiculous.

With scrappers lord is around 40% when I reach him. So if someone just simply roots me, on my way there, I cant reach him in time to defend him.

umm ye what you describe isnt quite possible unless you were running as a crippled and chilled necro with zero mobility skills

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

umm ye what you describe isnt quite possible unless you were running as a crippled and chilled necro with zero mobility skills

How many seconds does it take for you to run from mid to the lord?

in PvP

Lexander.4579

i main thief so i imagine you are not going to like my answer

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

Well the average player/class that doesn’t have perma swiftness and access to multiple ports.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So buff lord so forefire just becomes about the 3 points? Yeah that will make that map super boring.the lord is there as a comeback mechanic. Fail to protect your points and your lord at your peril. If you can’t spear one guy to go and stop the guys attacking your gate, you where probably going to lose the match anyway.

PvP is not just about killing your opponents, it’s about the points and what ever the other secondary mechanic of that map is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Lexander.4579

Well the average player/class that doesn’t have perma swiftness and access to multiple ports.

whats the average class? most popular classes such as rev, druid, elem, scrapper all have great access to mobility skills and boons, while DH which is in question for soloing the doors and the boss before the defender team can even get to the doors from mid doesnt have a reliable access to swiftness and doesnt have a reliable teleport skill either and from doors to the boss there is quite a distance too which cant be ignored

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

whats the average class? most popular classes such as rev, druid, elem, scrapper all have great access to mobility skills and boons, while DH which is in question for soloing the doors and the boss before the defender team can even get to the doors from mid doesnt have a reliable access to swiftness and doesnt have a reliable teleport skill either and from doors to the boss there is quite a distance too which cant be ignored

If you don’t want to answer the question then just say so.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The lord is a nice mechanics but it should be a team effort. At least 2 people should go there, not just one random guy.

Giving a HP buff is not enough to prevent that, it would still be soloable. Some people suggested a better heal + a break bar (ideally a breakbar before he starts healing, and thus breaking it would deny the heal). I think that is exactly what is needed. Basically, one player would not have enough CC to break the bar nor enough damage to out-damage the healing.

in PvP

Lexander.4579

well i sure would answer your question if i could but i think the point of this discussion is “how to NOT save the lord in time” while it should be the exact opposite

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

My Minion Master necro could solo lord in around 10 to 15 seconds depending on crits without a hint of fear from the NPC’s I won many a game solo rushing the lord at 350 and I know there are some classes that can do it in half the time it took me.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

well i sure would answer your question if i could but i think the point of this discussion is “how to NOT save the lord in time” while it should be the exact opposite

The point was to establish the average time it would take someone to run from mid to the lord upon hearing the first announcement that a gate was being attacked. Then we would determine how long it would take a given class (e.g. DH) from the first strike of the gate to when the lord is dead. We could also consider the damage the class can still do before they are killed.

You claimed that someone could not kill the lord quick enough before a team could react. If they can, then there’s potentially a problem. You also need to remember that not everyone will immediately rush to the gate when the first announcement goes off. They could be engaged in a fight at mid or it could just be someone tapping the gate to get people to run to it thinking the lord is in danger.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

As said before, elites introduced insanse powercreep while Lord left weak. Definitely needs a buff. HP+breakbar would a start. Also, would be great if lord didn’t break stealth right away but it is too much to ask from AI design probably.

DH are real problem due to bad AI. They drop traps, ok even if you managed to get to lord fast chances are the stupid lord will continue to walk over traps and kill himself. You can’t prevent AI from facetanking everything enemy throws at them (besides mesmer invul aoe).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

They could buff the other NPC’s to be that of the lord. Or are they already like that? All I know is that I can just beeline to the lord on necro and have no issues killing him.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The Lord is just a bad mechanic to begin with. It essentially takes a 500 point game and turns it into a 350 point game.

The Lord kill shouldn’t be granting points at all, and should rather work like a Temple buff.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Yasi.9065

About 30seconds, depending on if I have swiftness up or not… Im a necro… so not the fastest. Gate might have had not full health, I killed a mesmer quite often on my way to close to recap it. Still, even if the gate had only 20% health left… 30 seconds is just way too fast for something that gives 150 points.