Foefire lord change yay

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Finally the pushover lord is getting a downed state, now it will no longer be a indefensible rush that wins the game at 350. Now a ranger with s&r or a thief with impact strikes will be the clutch players at defending and killing lords.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/722047553135583232

see no evil ,until i stab you

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

…Now a ranger with s&r or a thief with impact strikes will be the clutch players at defending and killing lords.

I do not wanna meet the bristleback that can carry that charr.
Anyways, a good change, proves that they are listening.
I actually liked the old lord tho, it was kinda in favour of the loosing team, giving you a chance to turn the game around if you tried hard enough.

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

A much needed change.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, it’ll definitely be good for thieves with Impact Strike, especially since you don’t have to really worry about the lord blocking or dodging the hit.

I have a feeling that we’ll see some lord stomps in the plays of the week with this change. Maybe something like a thief starting a shadow step stomp, lord getting ported with SnR by other team, then thief using steal instead of second part of shadow step to complete the stomp before SnR finishes.

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

It helps, but it doesn’t address the true problem, which is ridiculous power creep.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So, on one hand I’m pleased to see the buff to the lord.

On the other, this also sort of implies that the HoT power creep isn’t going away. Which I’m not pleased about. Sort of squashes the hope that they might still bring elite specs in line.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

On the other, this also sort of implies that the HoT power creep isn’t going away. Which I’m not pleased about. Sort of squashes the hope that they might still bring elite specs in line.

Idk the way i see it, also considering the ranger sword auto attack change that they tweeted, is that they are listening to the player base because both of thees things are something that was brought up by the players (and believe me i have been making post for sword change for like a year now).
So they might bring elites more in line, we shall see.

see no evil ,until i stab you

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Very positive change imo.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Idk the way i see it, also considering the ranger sword auto attack change that they tweeted, is that they are listening to the player base because both of thees things are something that was brought up by the players (and believe me i have been making post for sword change for like a year now).
So they might bring elites more in line, we shall see.

They’ve always “listened” to some extent. Not always do they act, or if they do, in the fashion we expect or desire. That’s something I’ve been pointing out for years now.

Like I said, I’m pleased by the change to lord. (And by the ranger sword, we’ve been begging, pleading, whining for that since….forever?)

I don’t think we’ve brayed loud enough or long enough regarding balance though, but we’ll see come tomorrow. (here’s to being proven wrong)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Om Im.7863

Om Im.7863

It helps, but it doesn’t address the true problem, which is ridiculous power creep.

Pretty much this. Most likely this will remain the same for the future of PvP, unfortunately.

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Much needed changes I could kill it solo on a necro in about 10-20 seconds if I had some life force built up going in.

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

This is such an obvious change to make and quite frankly won’t change much if there’s no other buffs to the Lord

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

They should have Just lowered what he was worth. Like from 150 to like 125 or 100

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Much needed changes I could kill it solo on a necro in about 10-20 seconds if I had some life force built up going in.

Yea, I was messing around on condi war and found that I could burst down the lord solo really quickly even with all other guards up. However, I don’t know that I would be able to survive for the stomp afterwards. Depending how the balance patch goes, it may be possible if warriors get some decent sustain buffs…

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

^^pretty much this

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Foefire lord change yay

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

idk why all the QQ about the lord …. is it because most of you killed it while you yourself were in downed state? Cute…

Meanwhile … stomp takes 3 seconds and almost every profession has safestomp. SHOCKER!!!!

Personally I think this is a great change. Might as well bring back the banner warriors, kinda like you used to have it last year in WvW. People kept ressing lord in zerg vs zerg.