Food for thought for the devs

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

Here are just some ideas that hopefully I can get people to consider and comment on. Please keep in mind that some of these ideas rely on others being included with them.

1. Separate solo and team leagues
Basically just make two types of ranked matches with their own leagues. A league for team matches and a league for solo matches. The main thing hampering leagues now is not the full team vs randoms, but rather it is the far more common randoms that go against groups of 2 or 3 that build together to carry the rest of their team. This is, however, just one way of implementing solo q which is something I’m confident most of the community would want to return.

Now I do understand that this would make the q times longer, but that could be adjusted for by increasing the range of players the game can match you with if necessary. Even if that is not done, I for one would rather wait a little longer for a fun, high quality match than one that is decided before the game even begins.

As for the symbol, just put an “S” next to it if it was solo, a “T” next to it if it was team, or an “S/T” if they did both or something like that. This would also mean two ladders to climb so there should be less people getting legend right away and then having nothing to do.

2. Don’t tie rewards to ranked progression
Tying rewards to ranked progression rewards the top player minority and does little to reward the average player majority. Now before it is said, this is not speaking from personal experience. I have gotten to high diamond/legend in every season thus far so I have benefited greatly from the current system.

The only thing that I think should be tied to ranking up should be the currency for the legendary back piece precursor so it doesn’t lose its value. As for the rest of the rewards, they should be based on how effective an individual was in a match. This could be calculated by taking into account win or loss as well as personal score, how close the match was, how long the match was, and so on. This would hopefully make playing at your appropriate division more worth the time.

3. Remove win streaks in high tier leagues
As I’m sure most people can agree, little is more infuriating than losing a game while on a win streak. Therefor, I think if they were removed in high tier leagues but kept in lower tiers so they still serve their original purpose, people might (and that’s a big might) be less salty and would take a loss as evidence that they could improve rather than just with rage. This means it would take longer to climb to legend, which would increase the prestige as well as hopefully making it more of a representation of skill. Keep in mind that rewards might have to be adjusted since some people wont be getting them as fast.

These are all thing that the PvP team can address (as far as I’m aware) that I and hopefully many other would like to see changed. Also, I would love to get some constructive criticism and/or ideas of others.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

First don’t tie anything to personal score, it does not represent well how good you did. As an easy example: I was once asked to stay close for the entire match because the enemy team had two thiefs and we would be constantly backcapped. So basically I spent an entire match on close, capped nothing and killed nothing but we won. Lowest personal score but I did my job and contributed to the victory. Also double capping.

Second I don’t think losing a win streak is that bad. To me win streaks made me feel less bad about losing since I know that every 2 matches I lost I could get back by winning 1 match .

EverythingOP