For those concerned about Premade vs. Solo

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

Play unranked arenas. They are LITERALLY exactly like solo q, except you don’t have leaderboards.

If you want to play by yourself and be paired up with randoms, then you should just play unranked matches. If you run into a full pre made in unranked (however extremely unlikely) YOU WONT LOSE ANYTHING FOR IT. I don’t get what the big fuss is over.

No one even cared about the solo queue leaderboards anyways. What does it actually show? You had a win streak because you were lucky to get a good team comp? You avoided 4v5s? Solo queue DOES NOT need a leaderboard.

If you’re going to join ranked matches solo, then you should be prepared to lose and not complain that you didn’t face other solo q’ers. Because ranked arenas were designed for TEAMS, not solo q.

Its like people joining competitive ranked matches in GW1 Guild vs. Guild with a PuG but only wanting/expecting to face other PuG’s. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

(edited by Elegant Avenger.8042)

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Do you get the same amount of rank points/points toward the reward track for unranked matches though? Just curious…

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yes you should be able to play with your friends. THAT’S WHAT TEAMQ WAS FOR

Defending this system just shows how much of an easymode people want.

If you wanna play competitive while on perfect class match-up and on TS with people you know, play against another team.

Solo people that just wanna play a couple of matches, should not have to suffer boredom and arenas filled up with wanna be elitists facerolling each match.

in PvP

Elegant Avenger.8042

Do you get the same amount of rank points/points toward the reward track for unranked matches though? Just curious…

I was under the impression that you did. But I’m not sure!

in PvP

Elegant Avenger.8042

Solo people that just wanna play a couple of matches, should not have to suffer boredom and arenas filled up with wanna be elitists facerolling each match.

Why is that limited to ranked matches though? Why does everyone feel the need to join ranked matches by themselves and expect anything different than the outcome of pre made vs solo.

Besides, the queue times for unranked are super short, and if you’re only playing solo, then you’re likely pretty casual anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

It doesn’t change the fact that a lot of people enjoyed solo queue and the solo rankings. A combined leaderboard makes zero sense.

Also, I’m hoping that the matchmaking is working itself out. Right now it is horrendous. Embarrassing to put it nicely.

in PvP

Elegant Avenger.8042

@OP:

It doesn’t change the fact that a lot of people enjoyed solo queue and the solo rankings. A combined leaderboard makes zero sense.

Also, I’m hoping that the matchmaking is working itself out. Right now it is horrendous. Embarrassing to put it nicely.

Fair enough. But I can’t imagine why anyone would miss solo q leaderboards that much, considering how much drama they caused without actual show of skill.

A combined leaderboard, although not always balanced, is very similar to as if someone just formed a PuG and played ranked matches. Many other competitive games out there are like that.

But thats also why I have always felt that leaderboards should be guild/team based, and not individual. But thats another thread.

(edited by Elegant Avenger.8042)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If they were team based, I would agree. That would be a nice change.

The combined leaderboards as they stand though are really bad.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Nan unranked is full of trolls. I had a team with 3 naked people earlier

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.