For top PvP players, what are your keybinds?

in PvP

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Q:

I’m curious what the top players have for their keybinds. I want to become more efficient in playing the game by tweaking my keybindings.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

I wouldn’t consider myself a top PvP player by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ve PvP’d in a few MMO’s and I find that anything that allows you to press all your skill buttons with minimal movement of your hand is best. My weapon skills are 1-5, Q is my heal, E R & T are my utilities, Z X C V are my toolbelt skills that I press with my thumb, Shift is my Elite and Caps Lock is my call target, with F as my down/rez button. Hope this helps!

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

I wouldn’t consider myself a top PvP player by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ve PvP’d in a few MMO’s and I find that anything that allows you to press all your skill buttons with minimal movement of your hand is best. My weapon skills are 1-5, Q is my heal, E R & T are my utilities, Z X C V are my toolbelt skills that I press with my thumb, Shift is my Elite and Caps Lock is my call target, with F as my down/rez button. Hope this helps!

Thanks! What do you have as your dodge?

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in PvP

Posted by: slowpoke.1894

slowpoke.1894

Haha, I just switched my keybinds to this exact set up….I also play an engineer. Great minds think alike apparently.

Dodge I just double click directionally.

I am a journeyman pvper, but not great, so I will be interested to see what the pros say.

in PvP

Choops.3710

Haha, I just switched my keybinds to this exact set up….I also play an engineer. Great minds think alike apparently.

Dodge I just double click directionally.

I am a journeyman pvper, but not great, so I will be interested to see what the pros say.

lol how about that, I double click dodge too. How annoying is it when you go to use the 4th toolbelt skill and you get the scoreboard instead because you were frantically flailing your fingers around in the heat of battle lol

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

f1f2 mindwrack, cry of confusion
q=diversion, to interrupt heals reliably
I have distortion and two of my utilities on my mouse.
dodge on alt so it’s easier to jumpdodgeroll
1-5 on weapon skills and 6 on heal

r =take target t=call target

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

(edited by Oni.5429)

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Shift 1-4 = f1-4
` = f1
mouse3 = weapon swap
1-6 = standard
r-t = 7-8
mouse4-5 = 9-0
ctrl/alt = call/take target

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

Shift 1-4 = f1-4
` = f1

1-6 = standard

You have F1 on two keybinds? Why is that?

Also, is having the Heal Skill further from reach comfortable?

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

F1: Steal
1-5: Weapon skills
Q: Heal
E, R, C: Utilities
X: Ultimate
Tab: Targeting
WS: Move forward/backward
AD: Strafe left/right
Middle Mouse: Run forward (lock)
Mouse 4: Dodge
Mouse 5: Weapon switch

in PvP

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

I have a naga hex, (ditched the 12 button one)

My mouse buttons 1-6 are set to num 1-5
Which is weapon 1-5

Mouse button 6 is f1.

wsad with ad as strafe

1-4 utility skills and elite

q heal e dodge
` swap.

Basically everthings within reach.

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Shift 1-4 = f1-4
` = f1

1-6 = standard

You have F1 on two keybinds? Why is that?

Also, is having the Heal Skill further from reach comfortable?

I have long fingers, the heal is easy to reach for me.
As for the double bind, ` is for steal, the others were for in case I decide to play another class.

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

Has an Elementalist:
Weapon skills: 1-5
Attunements: F1-F4
Heal Skill: Z
Utilities (by order): Q E \ (last one is the key on the left of 1)
Elite Skill: X

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Xiomaro.2563

Xiomaro.2563

I’m not a top player but I’m a decent player (who plays paids)

Weapon Skills: 1-5
Heal: C
Elite: X
Utilities: Q, E and R
Class Skills: F1-F4
Dodge: V

I have long fingers and I’m a guitarist and pianist in real life, so stretching quite far for keys accurately is easy for me. Otherwise, I might have changed the class skills to something a bit nearer to WASD.

in PvP

Posted by: Shanos.2459

Shanos.2459

I play a necro.
my util skills are f2 f3 f4.
I do the same with my thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Posted by: Breakin.2409

Breakin.2409

1- M4
2-E
3-Q
4-F
5-R
1-4 Utility +Elite
~ – Heal
Shift – Dodge
M5-Mind Wrack
X- CoF
C- Diversion
V-Distortion
Z – Weapon Swap

not even kidding

in PvP

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

1-5: wep skills
heal: Shift-G
utlitiy: f,g,e
Elite: R
Pet attack: Shift-E
Pet skill: C
Switch pets: Q
Return Pet: Shift-Q
Dodge: V
Switch Weps: `
Call target/take target: Shift-T/ T
Stomp/Rez: X

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]

in PvP

Posted by: Jason Segel.2908

Jason Segel.2908

I’m curious what the top players have for their keybinds. I want to become more efficient in playing the game by tweaking my keybindings.

Are you kidding me?

The competitive Esport MMO’s have upwards of 30 keybinds. If you can’t handle 1 through 0, f1 f 2 f 3 f 4(14 keybinds), then I really don’t know what to say to you.

Try playing a game that makes you deal with with 1 through =, Shift + 1 through =, Alt + 1 through =, and Crtl + 1 through =…. and maybe people will take you seriously

in PvP

Choops.3710

Dude, settle down. The guy was just asking for some suggestions for keybinds, no reason to kitten on him.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten.5786

Are you kidding me?

The competitive Esport MMO’s have upwards of 30 keybinds. If you can’t handle 1 through 0, f1 f 2 f 3 f 4(14 keybinds), then I really don’t know what to say to you.

Try playing a game that makes you deal with with 1 through =, Shift + 1 through =, Alt + 1 through =, and Crtl + 1 through =…. and maybe people will take you seriously

Guild wars 2 have almost all spells “while moving” which requires a better bind than stand-still spells. Nothing wrong with asking for binds, good thread!

Hyxorcisten – Denial eSports [Den]

in PvP

Posted by: Xplosiv.1503

Xplosiv.1503

Profession: Engineer

Healing slot: Med kit: Alt + Q
Weapon skills:
E – autoattack
R- skill 2
C – skill 3
Off hand(using shield):
shield skill 1 – Q
Skield skill 2 – V

Profession slot1: 1 – Kit nr 1 – FT
Profession slot2: Stunbreaker – 2
Profession slot3: kit nr 3 – 3

Toolbelt skills:
Heal: F
Ft bullets – 4
Stunbreaker elixir throw – Alt + R
Kit nr 3 toolbelt – Alt + E

Elite Skill: X

Going back to original weapon from a kit: Ctrl

I wouldnt consider myself a “pro” player, but years of fps training taught me, that all necessary skills need to be close to the asdw buttons. Very accustomed to this setup, very helpful, very useful.

Engineer, r31.

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

q = heal
e = dodge
skills = 1-5 and r,t,f,g
f1-f4 skills = shift-r,t,f,g
c = interact

in PvP

Posted by: Nirc.7692

Nirc.7692

I don’t know of any MMOs that are considered competitive in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Strafe left= a,strafe right=d, move with mouse buttons 1 and 2 pressed, turn= hold right mouse button, move back=s.
Weapon skills =w, q, e,r, v.Heal=f.Utility skills=1,2,3.Dodge= shift+directional keybinds.Weapon swap=x.Elite skill= middle mouse button.Target nearest enemy= tab.Cycle targets= ctrl.Class specific skills=mouse 3 and 4, f1 and 2.Call target=t, take target=z. In other games i bind shift+1,2,3 q,w,e,r,f,v, mouse scroll up and down.

in PvP

Posted by: Simi.3254

Simi.3254

Weaponskills:
1=F
2=Shift+F
3=M3
4=Shift+M3
5=e

Utility:
First slot=2
Second slot=3
Third slot=4

Heal= Alt

f1=r
f2=t
f3=shift+r
f4=shift+t

interact=v
dodge=shift+space

take target= tab

That way I have all skills available without moving around the keyboard and can always keep moving.

Oh and weaponswap on c

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

Thanks for the response pros! I would love to find out more from other top players, so keep this going! Reason why I asked is I wanted to see if there was a universal or common keybinds used by top players. As it looks like, everyone’s binds are idiosyncratic and tailored specifically for their profession.

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

There’s no esports MMO yet, GW2 is the last best hope as they say.

Some of the keybinds setups in here make my head swirl.

Naga Hex: 1-5 (bound to F1-F5 on keyboard) = weapon skills
keyboard 1-4 attunements
Q weaponswap
ERT utilities
` heal
F interact
G elite
shift dodge

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

Razor Naga (default binds)
Except:
Profession Skills: Shift + 1-4
Weapon Swap: Shift + 5

I can’t imagine how frustrating playing with a keyboard must be.

in PvP

Posted by: Supcutie.2538

Supcutie.2538

My naga buttons are assigned to the numpad, so when I say naga 1 it’s actually bound to numpad 1 but the naga uses that for the 1 button.

Main bar:
Naga 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Utility:
Z or Naga 4, x,c,v, Naga 3

Mesmer shatter skills:
q,e,r,t

Assist target: Naga 5
About Face: Naga 7
Auto run: Naga 10
Dodge roll: B
Weapon swap: ~

I think rest is default.

My Guide: http://bit.ly/SupcutieGuide (Easy link)
Mega link: http://bit.ly/mesmerguide

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Elementalist

Attunement swap: F1-F4
Utilities: Q, E, R
Heal: G
Elite: C
Call Target: CAPTAIN CAPS LOCK
Take Target: T
Look behind: Z

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

I don’t think if you change your keybinds you will become a better player, just try to see what keybinds are the most easier FOR YOU. And don’t forget that some players are playing in QWERTY/AZERTY.

I’m trying to grab some ideas from pro players. I do have my own binds, and I based it around Taugrim’s set-up.

Also, I’m curious if any pros have given up on the “forward button” or “W”, and if they use LMB+RMB to move forward. In my binds, I scrapped the forward button. And I went to the extreme by scrapping the “back button” or “S”, and turned it into dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

With an elementalist in mind.

Attunement swap: 1, 2, 3, 4
Attacks: Q, E, R, C, Mouse button X
Healing: Shift+D
Utilities: Shift+E, Shift+R, Mouse button X
Elite: Scroll mouse button

in PvP

Choops.3710

I don’t think if you change your keybinds you will become a better player, just try to see what keybinds are the most easier FOR YOU. And don’t forget that some players are playing in QWERTY/AZERTY.

I’m trying to grab some ideas from pro players. I do have my own binds, and I based it around Taugrim’s set-up.

Also, I’m curious if any pros have given up on the “forward button” or “W”, and if they use LMB+RMB to move forward. In my binds, I scrapped the forward button. And I went to the extreme by scrapping the “back button” or “S”, and turned it into dodge.

I too used to use Taugrim’s set-up but even with a dodge button hotkeyed, I found myself missing the double tap directional dodge, so I threw S back in there. I feel like scrapping the forward button and using the mouse buttons for movement would be a huge disadvantage for profs/skills that use ground targeting, as most of the time in PvP not moving = dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Disparity.7814

Disparity.7814

I re-keybound the f1-4 to Shift 1-4, 1-5 stays the same, Then everything to the right of my health, ( 6-0) is on my naga, heal is 2, utilities are 3,4,5 and elite is 6.

Alot of my friends say that makes it harder having to use 2 different hands for abilities but it makes all the sense in the world to me, so personal preference I suppose. Oh and f1 re-keybound to call target.

Stev

in PvP

Posted by: Naito.5693

Naito.5693

Alt 1, alt 2, alt 3 for virtues/profession skills. “C” for ranger pet swap, mesmer distortion.
Q E R
Mouse sidebutton for heal, Another mouse sidebutton for stop casting, another mouse sidebutton for ulti.
X for opposite direction
V to look back

A Lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Razer naga for all my weapon skills, Shift+1-4 for Utilities. C for jump, Space for dodge, V for heal.

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

Interesting.

For Zoose and Naito, why is it necessary to have and bind “Look Back”? Or if anyone can chime in on the significance of “Look Back” in PvP play.

in PvP

Posted by: Disparity.7814

Disparity.7814

you can use the " look back " function if that works for you, but most players who move with their mouse tend to just also swivel around their cameras to get kind of “peripheral” views so to say, taking mental snapshots as they pivot around.

Stev