Forcible unlock on Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Targets can only be removed by stealth. Spawning clones will not remove a target. Mesmers have quite limited availability of stealth compared to, say, a thief.

Your entire rant is based on a false premise.

/thread

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

In pvp mesmers may have ONE access to stealth on a 30s+ cooldown… That’s it Timewar kitten till to valuable to not take and torch isn’t great especially when you consider the utility of a focus or a pistol and veil is on way too long of a cd to be beneficial… so you are griping essentially about 3s of stealth every 30 seconds…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: GanJoe.5374

GanJoe.5374

yet a mesmer can reset my target over n over…

This would be a good way to die…
But not good enough!

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Mesmers and thieves make ranger pets sit dumbfounded all the kitten time.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Yeah I hate it when mesmers are lumped together with thieves when it comes to abusing stealth. We have one stealth skill for 3 secs on a 40 second cooldown.

If the mes is taking the elite mass invis, that’s 5 secs on a 90 second cooldown. A mesmer’s stealth is temporary for a short duration once in a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Mesmers have way more access to stealth than you guys are letting on. Is it as much as a thief? No, but it’s still quite a bit, in addition to clones no less.

4th skill on Torch offhand
Decoy
Mass Invis
Veil
Desperate Decoy (V Major Trait in Dueling)

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Posted by: GanJoe.5374

GanJoe.5374

its plain kitten to be able to drop the target so often… especially in a team fight where 50% of the entities are NPCs and pets anyway… with no “target enemy player” function.

at this point i dont even care how they do it… i just know they do it constantly, way more often than every 30sec, and that its even worse on a class that relies 90% on NPCs anyway to do dmg or shine in utility.
Whos genius idea was it anyway to have such a huge amount of pets/NPCs in a PLAYER vs PLAYER enviroment… ? oO

This would be a good way to die…
But not good enough!

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Mesmers have way more access to stealth than you guys are letting on. Is it as much as a thief? No, but it’s still quite a bit, in addition to clones no less.

Decoy
Mass Invis
Veil

Who uses torch? Who uses desperate decoy? Who uses mass invis in spvp versus time warp or moa? Who uses veil in spvp?

That’s like saying warriors have great aoe with cyclone axe — the only problem is no warrior uses double axes in the format so making that claim is moot.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Decoy
Mass Invis
Veil

Torch – I have yet to see a mesmer using this. My guess is that you haven’t met one either

Decoy and Mass already covered

Veil – Yet to meet again. I very much doubt you’ve ever seen a mesmer use this in sPvP

Desperate decoy – Possible…but not common. It means giving up deceptive evasion or some other form of training. Doubt if any decent build uses this.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

i just know they do it constantly, way more often than every 30sec

It may seem that way, but I assure you barring the use of an elite (90 secs recharge) mesmers won’t stealth more often than that.

Decoy is 40 secs cooldown btw not 30.

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Due to the opening post being deleted by the OP, we decided to lock this thread as nobody can join the discussion now. If you want to continue this discussion, feel free to open another thread in which you explain the topic in the OP.

Thanks for your understanding.