Forest of Niflhel kill stealing

in PvP

Posted by: Amplifiction.8413

Amplifiction.8413

Hate it.

I’m sure people who actually do this disagree, but it doesn’t make sense to me. Why not award points to the team that inflicted most damage?

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I think it add some depth to it that you can actually steal it. If your team really need the points you should have to people attacking it. I sometimes steal it and sometimes I lose it because some other dude stole mine. So it goes both ways.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

Most people don’t bother using stability to ensure they win the mob. Go on, try it, i stole countless chiefs by using “fear me”, a moment before the mob died. Whichever the class you have something to that effect, it’ll make it much better.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

aye its cheap, but so are all of the other map mechanics!

using the trebs in khylo is cheap,
using the cannon on capricorn was cheap,
using skyhammer is cheap (for the people who play that map)
kill stealing svanir/chief is cheap.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

wut

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Cheap? Unless you’re ignoring the position of enemy players and aren’t looking around you when you engage the beasts, there’s shouldn’t be anything cheap about it. Good teams will know when to go for beast and when to hold back.

The beasts on Nifhel are probably one of the best secondary mechanics in the game for teams that know what they’re doing. I won’t argue that Skyham is pure cheese, but comparing Nifhel to it is ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i’m with dahkeus on this one. it’s a lot less cheesy than the treb, for example and it’s a mechanic you can actually prevent or use to your own advantage.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Another option would be to change their affiliation, so that they are not neutral anymore, but belong to one side. So a defend / kill mob similar to the lord in foefire, but respawning, and maybe giving 33 points.

Personally I like the neutral mobs more, but just wanted to post a different option

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Another option would be to change their affiliation, so that they are not neutral anymore, but belong to one side. So a defend / kill mob similar to the lord in foefire, but respawning, and maybe giving 33 points.

Personally I like the neutral mobs more, but just wanted to post a different option

Sounds a lot like those bumpers that they put on bowling lanes for kids so that they can’t make gutter balls. =P

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

That isn’t cheap, that’s strategy.

If you really wanted the buff you’d have someone scouting from the corner of the map close to the point. You can see both avenues to chief/svanir from there.

nothing with stealth can move without giving away location from out of line of sight all the way to the chief, and anything else you could melt by focusing them.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

The moral of the story is: Don’t do boss! Don’t do it ever! Let people who know when to do boss do it! But you! Don’t do it! Ever! You are probably thinking, “Oh Vee Wee is right! But I know when to do boss!” Well you don’t! Don’t do it! DON’T DO IT!

So many games lost for Vee Wee because Vee Wee’s thilly teammates like to do boss! Vee Wee remembers one game many weeks ago where Vee Wee’s teammates decided to boss right at the start! Stolen! Then because 2 people were at boss mid was lost! Then after a period of losing, Vee Wee’s teammates decide to do boss again! Stolen again! Vee Wee lost that game!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: osiris.4623

osiris.4623

I am confused by how the game decides who gets the boss. Is it the final hit?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There’s a reason why Anet don’t list total player’s damages at the end of the game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

like on this video someone kittened off lol!

in PvP

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

and some svanir or chieftain kill steal here

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I am confused by how the game decides who gets the boss. Is it the final hit?

Yes. Last hitter gets the rewards.

If you’re not certain that you can last hit or prevent everyone else from last hitting, don’t do the boss.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

This leads to some of the most intense moments of Guild Wars 2. In the last Tournament of Legends (NA) finals, the first game between Blacklisted and No Clue came down to a boss steal. I have never yelled at my teammates (Steb) as loud as I did at the end of that first match on Forest.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like the way it is set up now. It adds excitement and more strategy.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Question: Does the last “hit” include Svanir/Chieftain dying due to conditions? Or must be an actual weapon hit that does him in?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Question: Does the last “hit” include Svanir/Chieftain dying due to conditions? Or must be an actual weapon hit that does him in?

Conditions do count as far as I can tell. I’ve killed condi players attacking a mob, only for a bleed tic to steal the kill at the end.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

if you cant do burst damage the npc you shouldnt even be trying to kill it. why? 1. you spending to much time killing npc instead of helping your team. 2. if opponent has a thief or fresh air ele or even shatter mesmer, they can just bust it once it reach 10% hp around 5k hp. and your team proly wipe middle. gg rule of thumb is burst npc when your opponent just wipe. or in the end when you needed the 20 points to win the game.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

if you cant do burst damage the npc you shouldnt even be trying to kill it.

^ This. If anyone comes from a moba, you’ll know that more relative raw damage is going to give you an advantage in last hitting than any dot would.

in PvP

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Whomever is the source of the damage which drops the boss below 0 health is considered to have made the last hit. This includes condition ticks, minions, retal, etc…

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in PvP

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

Whomever is the source of the damage which drops the boss below 0 health is considered to have made the last hit. This includes condition ticks, minions, retal, etc…

ok…what if both teams apply bleeding to the monster and it dies from bleeding ticks?

I like the intense strat behind it, but sometimes I feel that the result could be a big load of bs. Like if ur about to get the last hit but then an opponents burning procs or some crap like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Wow… now legitimate tactics are considered cheap….. I just don’t even…

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Cheap? LOL, would you all like some cheese with than whine?

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Nothing as tense as a close forest match when you’re trying to kill or steal an NPC for the win.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

ok…what if both teams apply bleeding to the monster and it dies from bleeding ticks?

I like the intense strat behind it, but sometimes I feel that the result could be a big load of bs. Like if ur about to get the last hit but then an opponents burning procs or some crap like that.

It works the same as condition stacks in PvE. It differs a bit by condition, but generally, the person with the highest condition damage will have priority. With that being equal, then it depends on when the conditions are applied.

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

lol I stole it one time as a bunker guard I just placed a symbol on the ground were the chief was funniest thing i ever since in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hehe, my moment was when I was running my Ranger up behind the keep. I saw Svanir about to die, took aim with my Longbow and fired from beyond 1500 range. Hit and killed. +25 points to Blue! I bet that Red Thief who was fighting Svanir was so annoyed. XD

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

This is not LoL or DotA2, this is GW2. All I can say is LTP issues. If you see someone going to attack the NPC, stop attacking the boss and focus the player.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Personally, I’m OK with how boss stealing works.

Just because a creature has spawned doesn’t mean you need to kill it. In fact, in a lot of high level games, you’ll see the creatures up for long amount of time without being attempted. Players understand the value of a kill, but they also appreciate the risk associated with the attempt.

Before you attempt a creature, you should ask yourself the following questions:

• Where is the enemy team?
    • Talk with your team, or at the very least try to get a rough approximation of enemy player location by reading the mini-map. Also try to be cognizant of enemy respawn timers, as players will often times push to far point off of a respawn, setting themselves up for a perfect boss steal opportunity. On the flip side, watch the NPC mini-map icons for movement – if you see it move at all you know that the enemy team is attempting a kill.
  • Do I have the ability to safely secure this boss kill?
    • Often times you’ll see players with tanky builds or condition-based builds attempting to take creatures by themselves. There’s a good chance that if a burst spec’d enemy player comes across you while you’re fighting an NPC, they’re going to steal the kill.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to map awareness and risk assessment.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i couldn’t be more precise.

you can, although, safely secure the boss kill: wipe the enemy team, for example in midfight, contest far point and engage mr. fluffy when you’re absolutely sure the enemy roamer is still on respawn.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Just a word for the wise: In the same amount of time it takes to cap home and kill beast, you could cap mid on top of home. By capping mid on top of home, you’ll be about 5 to 10 points behind a team who took home then beast. On top of that, you would have point attrition advantage, and positioning advantage because you already capped mid and ready to bunker it down. Not only that, but going beast first runs the risk of it getting stolen by the enemy thief.

So in general, you’re going to want to avoid the beast when the fight starts unless you can burst it down REALLY fast.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I’ve always wondered this, but let’s say two condi necros go to the boss to try to kill it. One throws on 24 stacks of bleed for 10s first. The other puts on 1 stack of bleeding for 10s a second later. The boss dies to 25 stacks of bleeding. The last tick of damage was the bleeding. Who gets the points? The one who does more damage or the one who had his condi stack up last?

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.2853

Static.2853

See your speed bonus : When all your group give you bonus, the owner of the bonus changes (you see it when you put your mouse on it).
For condi, it’s the same. So, The owner of the bleed (usueally the last to put the condi on it) is the owner of the dammage.

Also, for you example : at each tick of condi dammage, you have to take into account that every condition has an order of appliance. Fear hit 1st, that’s why on boss death by condi, necro win the point most of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Just because a creature has spawned doesn’t mean you need to kill it. In fact, in a lot of high level games, you’ll see the creatures up for long amount of time without being attempted. Players understand the value of a kill, but they also appreciate the risk associated with the attempt.

• Talk with your team, or at the very least try to get a rough approximation of enemy player location by reading the mini-map. Also try to be cognizant of enemy respawn timers, as players will often times push to far point off of a respawn, setting themselves up for a perfect boss steal opportunity. On the flip side, watch the NPC mini-map icons for movement – if you see it move at all you know that the enemy team is attempting a kill.
    • Often times you’ll see players with tanky builds or condition-based builds attempting to take creatures by themselves. There’s a good chance that if a burst spec’d enemy player comes across you while you’re fighting an NPC, they’re going to steal the kill.

At the end of the day, it really comes down to map awareness and risk assessment.

One thief can steal every boss waiting around in stealth.One hits the boss, he got it.. and he’s gone…yeah tactical play my kitten .

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

One thief can steal every boss waiting around in stealth.One hits the boss, he got it.. and he’s gone…yeah tactical play my kitten .

which is why you have a scout for thieves. you can see them coming if you monitor both avenues leading to chief/svanir while team is doing killing.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

which is why you have a scout for thieves. you can see them coming if you monitor both avenues leading to chief/svanir while team is doing killing.

Also if you don’t have a visual on a stealth prof like engi Mesmer thief etc. Or know they’re on respawn, then you kitten the risk, if it’s too high then don’t take the boss.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Also if you don’t have a visual on a stealth prof like engi Mesmer thief etc. Or know they’re on respawn, then you kitten the risk, if it’s too high then don’t take the boss.

This. most, if not all of the stealth profs are too squishy to take the boss, and rely on you – outright ignoring- them until you’ve done all the work.