Forfeit Button

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

It may have been mentioned before, but can we please get a forfeit button in soloQ at least? Most of the time there isn’t any point to be waiting for a match to finish in a 4v5 or 3v5 scenario. Yes sometimes the 4 player team can win, but it’s really rare. Make it so the players left on the team has to vote so the system knows that NO ONE wants to continue for the remaining duration of the map. There isn’t any point in continuing if your team has given up. Please let us as a team decide when to just end the match so we can re-enter que with a full roster / better team match up.

Some options:
Disable forfeit button if team is at full 5 players
Disable forfeit button until 3 mins into map. (Gives any player who d/c chance to recover)

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: CooloutAC.3451

CooloutAC.3451

only problem is, eventually what happened in gw1 will happen in gw2 then. You won’t even be able to get a match started……. People will automatically forfeit if they dont’ like the way their team looks. Its better that instead of cancelling the game, they try to fill the empty slot it seems like. I don’t know what else they do to stop quitting but its not as big a problem as gw1 had. They probably learned their lesson from gw1.

I was ready to forfeit a game earlier, but as much as I was complaining and talking, i kept trying, even when because of my complaints a teammate suggested we go afk in the spawn area, we still came back and won amazingly. I’m sure my teammates couldn’t wait to get away from me because of all my whining (but I got top score and we won) You have to just play to win man, otherwise you will ruin the playerbase by undermining the matchmaker system.

I too lose most of my games as a solo q, but I have seen some amazing comebacks.

(edited by CooloutAC.3451)

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Why hasn’t this happened yet I wonder?

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: CooloutAC.3451

CooloutAC.3451

Why hasn’t this happened yet I wonder?

you never played gw1 I guess.

It got so bad with the forfeiting/quitting in random arena. that eventually the playerbase died so much you couldn’t even get a match started, literally, every match would be canceled. I disagree with the OP’s proposal and would rather have to play. That fact alone, dissuades alot of quitters and stat padders, in the first place.

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Richy Lao.8346

Richy Lao.8346

It will be the return of RED RESIGN! No way

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

We really don’t need Red resigns to come back.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Resign#Red%20resign

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

You get reduced rewards if the match ends early. Red Resign wont be a thing.

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It should be an option that is disabled until a team has 200 higher score than the other team in queues. Regardless of the rewards, we shouldn’t encourage premature resignation in queues; people should at least feel obliged to try wherever possible.

It should also be an option to enable/disable from custom arenas that would be usable regardless of score so that tournaments support resign.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Resign worked in RA. GW1 had some troubles because you had roles in PVP and more buildcoordination was required. A team without a healer won’t work well, a team with three healers does the same.

Both sides need to agree on “red resign” – one player not giving up could end this. So it was more common in herobattles which was a 1vs1 pvp fight with heros. Haven’t seen much resigns in RA except because of horrible team compositions (only healer-teams and stuff like that). Might have changed since the playerbase shrinked.

Without forfeit there’s more time for flaming, raging, insulting and it’s just a waste of time. So I’d like to see a resign button. “One side resigns” seems to me not very attractive in GW2. Maybe forfeit won’t even work because one player still wants to fight even when its already a 450-50 match. Seen some “we lost because of afk” when the match was already lost before (except the team holds all 3 points permanently, while not beeing able to hold even one and a half point in the past).

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

There is really no need for a forfeit button in a 10 minute match (or less).
Also, interesting thing about conquest mode is that there is always a chance for comeback.

/not signed

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Only time I can really see wanting this would be if the team was uneven, 4 v 5 is just not fun. Other than that just play the match.

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

time to necro /resign

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You get reduced rewards if the match ends early. Red Resign wont be a thing.

You still get points for achievements.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

anything that makes it possible to end a game before it’s over is a bad idea.

People might go afk already but if you give them a chance to leave the game they won’t ever try to win as soon as they are slightly behind. Proof? Just look at any game that has that functionality.

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

anything that makes it possible to end a game before it’s over is a bad idea.

People might go afk already but if you give them a chance to leave the game they won’t ever try to win as soon as they are slightly behind. Proof? Just look at any game that has that functionality.

What if it’s a game thats 4v5 or 3v5? 4v5 maybe… 3v5; good luck. I agree having a way to leave the match early when it’s 5v5 could be abused, but when the match is uneven by player number it’s really not that fun.

Forfeit Button

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

Let me just re-iterate. The idea is for uneven team matches. When one or more players on your team quits and never comes back. Refer to the options which would handle a majority of the complaints and worries you guys are mentioning.

The logic would work/flow as follows:

-Check team size
—Less than 5?
—-Yes: Is match time remaining > 5 mins?
——-Yes: Check player disconnect timestamp
———Is it >= 2 mins?
———-Yes: Display Forfeit Button
————-Count number of votes (Yes or No)
————-Is number of yes votes = remaining team member size? (Everyone on team must agree)
——————Yes: Display match “Red/Blue Team has forfeit match due to uneven team size. Game will end in 10 secs” message and being count down to close game.

So it will basically follow this flow of conditional statements. Ofc some of these variables could be adjusted. i.e. Disconnect timer, match time remaining, number of votes.

IMO this should only apply to uneven teams. Matches that are 200+ points behind doesn’t mean you couldn’t still try. But when you are short 1 to 2 team mates its 99% pointless. Majority of the time the team with less than 5 loses regardless of strategy, etc.

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

(edited by Billionaire.5607)