Fort Aspenwood PvP lobby dead

in PvP

Posted by: xBeefy.4073

xBeefy.4073

I’m currently not in any guild. But I’d like to start PUGs occasionally and do some free / paid tournaments.

Every time I login, no matter what time of day, the Mists lobby is totally dead. Theres 20-30 people in there max.

First, is the lobby server merged with the rest of the NA servers? If not, why shouldn’t it be?

Second, if it’s not merged, is there a server with a more active PvP population? Or is this generally how it goes on every server?

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Nope. It isnt.

Yes it should be.
On the + side, now because of guesting you can move to different heart of the mists.

If your Na you’ll want to guest into heart of the mists On Anvil rock. Its by far the most populated heart of the mists area.

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Yes, the lobbies are merged for game matching. Also, a lot of the lobbies I’m in seem dead now because a lot more people are playing paid tournaments. So they’re not waiting around in lobby for tournaments to start, they’re in game, so the lobby feels more empty.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Yes, the lobbies are merged for game matching. Also, a lot of the lobbies I’m in seem dead now because a lot more people are playing paid tournaments. So they’re not waiting around in lobby for tournaments to start, they’re in game, so the lobby feels more empty.

The lobbies are not merged. Each server has a separate/unique Heart of the Mists.

PvP match queues are merged.

in PvP

daydream.2938

The lobbies are not merged. Each server has a separate/unique Heart of the Mists.

PvP match queues are merged.

Umm i think a distinction needs to be drawn. The ‘matchs’ be it hotjoin/free/paid are drawn from people of all servers. who you can get matched against.
the actual heart of the mists area is server specific. BUT, with guesting you can simply go to anvil rock which has a solid populatuion.

in PvP

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

The lobbies are merged for game matching = when you play a match all players on the same server (NA/EU) go to the same place.

:) You repeated what I said, and you’re correct! GJ!

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

(edited by JonathanSharp.7094)

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

The lobbies are merged for game matching = when you play a match all players on the same server (NA/EU) go to the same place.

Yea, but the hotm lobby’s are not merged. therefor only anvil rock has enough of a population to support pugging.

All of the lobby’s (while setting up the team) are dead except anvil, plz fix, merge the lobbys of hotm for all of NA servers, so we can have a decent population going.

in PvP

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Correct, the lobbies themselves are not merged, they only meet up when you go to play. You can still invite people across lobbies for games as long as they’re on your server though (Na or Eu).

I’m on Stormbluff now, and people are coming in/out of paids.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Correct, the lobbies themselves are not merged, they only meet up when you go to play. You can still invite people across lobbies for games as long as they’re on your server though (Na or Eu).

Don’t you see the problem with that?

Because Heart of the Mists are not merged, it is difficult for players to find and set up teams. If the lobbies were merged between Homeworlds, people can organize together more easily.

You know how the rank 40+ players find teams? We go on a teamspeak together and organize that way, but that is because we already have the connections with other players. The current lobby does not set up PUGs for success. They’re just kind of straggling in the wind.

in PvP

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Because Heart of the Mists are not merged, it is difficult for players to find and set up teams. If the lobbies were merged between Homeworlds, people can organize together more easily.

Totally see your point, I’m just explaining how it works so that everyone understands.

We have solutions to this coming down the pipe.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Holding you to it. Screenshotting, and screen printing to a shirt.
Can’t back out now brah.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Can’t back out now brah.

Unless its at the top of a clogged pipe. We should expect in the next 2 to 3 years!

in PvP

daydream.2938

Thats good to hear jonathan. Thats why i let people know about guesting on other HOTM. Helps em out in the short term.

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

All this time I thought they were merged, I guess that explains the lack of people participating

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Can’t back out now brah.

<further content...> I’ll do the same
Leman

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

Totally see your point, I’m just explaining how it works so that everyone understands.

Until that solution is live, I suggest any player that wants to get into pvp to guest on the servers Anvil Rock (For NA players) and on Desolation (For EU players).
They have by far the biggest active pvp population from any other server.
It’s like a “merge” done by the players themselves.

Surrender is not an option!

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

I think I see what you mean but I would suggest using a different term to separate heart of the mists and the NA/EU matchmaking lobbies. I mean i’ve got a pretty good idea of how it works already and you’re almost making me second guess myself.

in PvP

Posted by: reedju.5786

reedju.5786

Currently, on most servers, the mists is dead. Even on servers with “high” populations the lobbies are empty 90% of the time. And it would be nice to say, “oh they are in paids”, but for the most part these lobby’s have been dead since 2-3 months after launch. Although the guild system is cool, it has left a lot of guilds with high member counts and terrible “representation” numbers. I have seen guilds go 100% representation requirement, but that simply kills the current guild work up without making it any more social. I think this is one of the largest issues for the casual to hardcore PvP players. I transferred to Anvil Rock so I could pug, but that still isn’t a fix. I do not really know if its a development team issue or a community or even something that “might” come with e-sports. All I know is its an issue I don’t see mentioned much, but has made the game less than playable for many. I can wait for addition to tPvP and balance, skill and a fun active team can keep people playing while these are worked on. But the silent majority, the casual to competitive players who avoid forums (for good reason), can’t have an easy time logging knowing that all that is waiting for them is an empty lobby and a few hot join matches. Guesting is a good start, but having all players flock to 1-2 servers will just leave the rest even more abandoned. Any thoughts on this?

Black Avarice

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

what is the solution? or another awesome thing you cant tell us about? just merge all hotms already

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

what is the solution? or another awesome thing you cant tell us about? just merge all hotms already

I’d rather not have the sPvP identity of my server crushed. A simple separate LFG chat window would be nice.