Fractal Reward Track

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Yes! Please! ArenaNet listen to your players! We want to get stuff super easy super fast! We don’t want to actually put some effort in! Please,. trivialise the only end game content you have in the name of Free Stuff.

Insert whiney crap about PvPers getting screwed out of items since forever

We AFK on Treb in Khylo! And by God, it’s time we got some recognition for it!

I guess you don’t PvP that much, don’t you?
Assuming Player vs AI requires some sort of effort except for grinding and mechanical knowledge.

I would like to add on top of this that RNG skins do not make them difficult to attain. You can do 600 fractals runs and not get the skin you want or do 1 run and get the skin you want, this doesn’t make the skin itself difficult to get, just pure luck.

+1 for fractal reward track

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

I’d actually really like this. As someone who got up to fractal 62 to never get a fractal dagger to drop for me and then be reset down to level 30, ii don’t find the need fractal anymore. so yes i’d like to see a fractal reward track

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Yes! Please! ArenaNet listen to your players! We want to get stuff super easy super fast! We don’t want to actually put some effort in! Please,. trivialise the only end game content you have in the name of Free Stuff.

Insert whiney crap about PvPers getting screwed out of items since forever

We AFK on Treb in Khylo! And by God, it’s time we got some recognition for it!

I guess you don’t PvP that much, don’t you?
Assuming Player vs AI requires some sort of effort except for grinding and mechanical knowledge.

Actually I used to PvP a lot, mainly with my Thief in sPvP and Warrior in WvW. It doesn’t matter what you think regarding skill in any of the game modes, Fractals are end game content with a defined gear progression that would be side stepped by simply showing up to sPvP matches and getting a pat on the back.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Actually I used to PvP a lot, mainly with my Thief in sPvP and Warrior in WvW. It doesn’t matter what you think regarding skill in any of the game modes, Fractals are end game content with a defined gear progression that would be side stepped by simply showing up to sPvP matches and getting a pat on the back.

Gear progression in fractal is just for fractal’s sake.

Nobody here asked to handing out fractal rewards easy, we have just asked for a reward track which gives a little bit of fractal rewards and a chance for fractal skins. NB: A CHANCE.

It happened with dungeons which are also endgame content, I don’t see why it shouldn’t happen for fractals too.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Gear progression in fractal is just for fractal’s sake.

Nobody here asked to handing out fractal rewards easy, we have just asked for a reward track which gives a little bit of fractal rewards and a chance for fractal skins. NB: A CHANCE.

It happened with dungeons which are also endgame content, I don’t see why it shouldn’t happen for fractals too.

Dungeons aren’t end game content, they’ve been entirely trivialised and can be run by just about anyone, fractals are the end game content (such as it is).

One would not expect to receive the dragon finisher from running fractals, if you want the finisher, do PvP. Similarly, if you want fractal items, do fractals. sPvP got some much needed love and incentive for playing it in the last patch, but no game mode should be able to give you the ultimate items the others have to offer.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

I can definitely get on board with this!

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I’d agree with this! I do both PvP and PvE, and I know how it feels on both sides. To be honest, the only skill in Fractal is positioning and common sense mechanics. It isn’t that hard compared to PvP. Skins in Fractals are all RNG. So even though you do the hardest Fractal over and over again it’s still RNG regardless of how well you did in that Fractal. This applies to PvP and our rewards, we didn’t get anything for decent reward system for like nearly a year. I was rank 71 before this patch hit, and barely got nothing compared to a rank 55+ who got boosted to 80. Nothing to show for, and with the wardrobe coming out there isn’t really a point in keeping fractal skins only Fractal only. We see them in PvP already along with 1000 other PvE/WvW players with Legendaries, and they aren’t that as “exclusive” anymore. It wouldn’t hurt to put them in, I mean all we get in PvP are PvE rewards, and nothing really PvP skin related. They took out Rank Specific Chests and Glory. I don’t mind this being put in, but make it harder than a usual track.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111 with this and make it repeatable, problem is maybe this is the only track players will do.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

if there will be a fractal track, i won’t expect it to be any easier or shorter then doing the dungeon countless times

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: RainWater.4762

RainWater.4762

people should understand that theres is not always an easy way to get an exclusive item or skin or whatever.
to get something from the reward tracks is not hard, its much easier than doing the pve way since u dont even need skill or have to win the game.. it will also progress by losing..

dont implement more and more pve only things into pvp anet…
next will be giving rank when u finished a dungeon in pve ?
just make some reward tracks for pvp only skins which u cant trade at the trading post.. also make those skins harder to gain.. progress by only winning the game for example.

Irenicus X (Necro)
Sarevok X (Warrior)
Minsc X (Ranger)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no, no, no, no, no, no, no … (insert dredge voice)

i just want the ascended stats.

not the fractal skins.

You only need laurels for that and you can already get those through PvP.

i still can’t get ascended armor / weapons with laurels only though.

my PvE warrior (main) still using exotic armor / weapons so the idea of able to get ascended armor / weapons from sPvP is very appealing to me.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

We want fractal stuff in PvP..you can have fractal stuff stuff in PvP already. Just play fractals to lvl 50 and you can carry over all the gear/skins you want. There is no reason to implement this when there is already existing path ways to obtain it.

I want to paid as a exclusively sort out lawyer, yet I only wanna work as a accountant to get it is basically what your asking for. If you want the paycheck, do the job. I just don’t see how this doesn’t make sense to some people who want rewards for things they have never done, or attempted to do. Generation ‘right now’ at its worst.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

May i have dragon finisher by reaching level 50 fractal?
I could also pay 500 pristine relics to unlock the Whole finishers….

Why can’t i get pvp stuff from pve but pvp players wants pve stuff from pvp?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

To all the players saying that in PvE you can’t get ranks:

- Can you in PvP get legendaries? No.
- Can you in PvP get exclusive champion bags skins? No.
- Can you in PvP have a gold income comparable to a PvE player? No.
- Can you in PvP get an amount of achievement points comparable to a PvE player? No.

Ranks is the only think left to PvP players and it has been severely inflationated in the last patch. I can get through more than an half of r72 by playing just 3 teamq. Any PvE player can get r80 by playing casually teamq farming the low MMR, while the most cool skins are still restricted to PvE/WvW only. Not to say that the most cool finishers are in the gemstore, easily acquireable by PvE players by converting the massive amounts of golds they get from Killing AI entities into gems.

Also, Fractal Skins is just a matter of grind and RNG, so are reward tracks. I see no difference on this aspect. Perhaps make fractal track being unlocked only by completing any region track, so it is endgame content just like fractals?

Want your skins exclusive to PvE? Then add to legendaries a “Gift of Challange” which can be acquired only by reaching rank 80 in PvP and see how funny is to have the most exclusive and cool skins gated by contents you don’t want to play.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

I’m with sorrow on this one.
getting good skin in PvP was “end game” before wardrobe changes. Now your average PvErs can come in PvP with their legendaries.
There is no reason why fractals skins should stay PvE exclusive at this point.
Get over it !

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

May i have dragon finisher by reaching level 50 fractal?
I could also pay 500 pristine relics to unlock the Whole finishers….

Why can’t i get pvp stuff from pve but pvp players wants pve stuff from pvp?

Oh, this seems realy fair. I mean, you totally get a fractal skin for reaching level 50 fractal.
And of course you can buy those skins also with pristine relics.

If you can use a skin in PvP, there should also be a way to get this skin via PvP. Period.
After the patch, the only skins you can get via PvP are dungeon skins and some crappy weapon skins from the region paths.
It is time ANet fixes this.

Maybe, the best solution would be just to make a PvP reward track but also give PvE players a “safe” way without RNG to get fractal skins.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

LordByron.8369

To all the players saying that in PvE you can’t get ranks:

yes via gold
Getting a legendary in PvE is as easy as buying it via PvP rewards.
TP flipping earns those things

Also you get more gold thana fractal player

- Can you in PvP get an amount of achievement points comparable to a PvE player?

You get more than a fractal player.

Ranks is the only think left to PvP players and it has been severely inflationated in the last patch.

Fotm skins are the only think left to PvE players not accessible via gold and it has been severely inflationated in the last patch.

Gimme finishers in fotm and i accept you to have fotm skins.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Fractal Skins are very very difficult to get from Fractals.

Every time you conplete a full fractal set, you have a LESS THAN 1% chance to get the fractal skin you want. It’s pretty awful.

If they first added a way to buy fractal weapons with Pristine Relics or regular Relics, then sure, I’d be fine with this. But if they used the same reward track system for the Named Dungeons on Fractals in PvP, then it’d be far easier to get a fractal weapon doing PvP than doing fractals.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

yes via gold
Getting a legendary in PvE is as easy as buying it via PvP rewards.
TP flipping earns those things

Also you get more gold thana fractal player

Nope. Even if you get gold income comparable to a PvE player, you can’t get a legendary as you need 100% map completation.

No fractal player does fractal more than once a day as it gives no daily chest. I bet anyone who does his daily fractal will do his daily dungeon run after it.
One full fractal requires a little bit above an hour of play. In an hour of play, if you win any tPvP match you queue in, you get about 1 tier and an half of reward tracks, which is nowhere comparable to what you get by doing fractals.

You get more than a fractal player.

Fractal player is a PvE player.
Read above.

Fotm skins are the only think left to PvE players not accessible via gold and it has been severely inflationated in the last patch.
Gimme finishers in fotm and i accept you to have fotm skins.

Oh, the misinformation…

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Nope. Even if you get gold income comparable to a PvE player, you can’t get a legendary as you need 100% map completation.

He meant that you can play TP which is hardly a pve and buy a legendary.

No fractal player does fractal more than once a day as it gives no daily chest. I bet anyone who does his daily fractal will do his daily dungeon run after it.

You can get more than 1 daily by doing different tiers (e.g. scales 38 and 30)

Fractal player is a PvE player.
Read above.

I wouldn’t generalise people like that because there would be no distinction from hotjoin casual player and tpvp competitive player.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

+1 11115555555555555555555

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

He meant that you can play TP which is hardly a pve and buy a legendary.

How many players got the legendary playing the TP? Seriously…

You can get more than 1 daily by doing different tiers (e.g. scales 38 and 30)

As far I know, you can get one fractal reward chest per day (the one who drops fractal skins and ascended stuff) regardless of the tier.

I wouldn’t generalise people like that because there would be no distinction from hotjoin casual player and tpvp competitive player.

I don’t get it.
Also tPvP competitive players go in hotjoin to test builds and such.
I don’t think it is an huge generalization when I say that fractal players don’t do fractal 4 times a day without getting rewards but instead go to do other PvE contents.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

haviz.1340

How many players got the legendary playing the TP? Seriously…

I know it’s a weak argument, I just “translated” it. However, I know few people who got few of their legendaries just by playing TP.

As far I know, you can get one fractal chest per day regardless of the tier.

Nah, you can do different tiers for more daily chests.

I don’t get it.
Also tPvP competitive players go in hotjoin to test builds and such.
I don’t think it is an huge generalization when I say that fractal players don’t do fractal 4 times a day without getting rewards but instead go do other PvE contents.

There are people who do just fractals and you group them up with people who spend few hours daily by farming either dungeons or running in trains farming champions. All of those types are pve players but they have completely different profits.

Yes, pvp rewards suck because now you cannot even get those shiny skins like mist weapons and anet probably expects pvp players to buy them thanks to the gold they earn in pvp.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Nah, you can do different tiers for more daily chests.

I’m pretty sure you can’t, unless they have changed it recently. Time ago I used to do fractals and I clearly remember I did even levels fractals only once a day because otherwise I had no chest at all, while doing odd level fractals just to level up.

There are people who do just fractals and you group them up with people who spend few hours daily by farming either dungeons or running in trains farming champions. All of those types are pve players but they have completely different profits.

Which is anyway still higher than the average PvP profit, which is my point,
Even if you do only fractals you get higher gold income compared to doing PvP for reward tracks, as one PvP match takes 10 mins average while one fractal takes one hour.

As I pointed out, if you win all matches in tPvP, you get 5 rewards, which will be one Tome of Knowledge, one trasmutation charge, 6 mob chests and 2 champion bags.
Doing a fractal you open at least 4 final chests and kill way more mobs than the equivalent of 6 mob chests.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Good idea, should be reserved for top players to fire up competition.
Something like:
Fractal track gets unlocked by getting in top 100 team arena, you can progress it only with team arena and probobly looses should give no progression.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

People seem to have their priorities wrong (kinda like Anet) – first comes a good pvp experience (and that’s a pretty broad task encompassing everything from inter-class balance to basic pvp infrastructure), which is then accompanied or followed by a sound reward system. But that ship has sailed, so yea – fingers crossed that fractals make it to pvp by 2020. Hang in there, dudes and dudettes!

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

LordByron.8369

1)people with several legendaries are mostly TP players.

2)fractal rewards are awful and were even worse.
For one year i run fotm getting less silvers than cutting a couple of trees…

3)if a fractal player is a PvE player than a WWW player is a PvP player….

4) you don t have to spend several hundreds gold to play PvP.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

1)people with several legendaries are mostly TP players.

And players with a single legendary (so an huge part) have crafted it. What’s your point?
Not everyone has the will to play TP on a daily basis to get 5 legendaries, but just want to get a single legendary by playing the game.

2)fractal rewards are awful and were even worse.
For one year i run fotm getting less silvers than cutting a couple of trees…

Still better then 30s per win in PvP or no silver at all.

3)if a fractal player is a PvE player than a WWW player is a PvP player….

Not really. WvW and PvP share completely different balance, equipment and objectives.
Fractals and dungeons share the same purpose (kill the AI controlled bad guys), share the same balance and the same equipment.

Moot point, again.

So you don’t have to spend several hundreds of gold to play fractals.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

LordByron.8369

You don t know much about pve… and since you feel the right of judging it i will just ignore you.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

You don t know much about pve… and since you feel the right of judging it i will just ignore you.

Yeah, man, best thing you can do is to stop posting in this thread.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

As I posted in the other thread I’d return to FOTM if they added this. I quit playing FOTM a year ago when I realized RNG hates me nearly 300 fractals later.

Also add ‘Reward Tracks’ to WvW!

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: RainWater.4762

RainWater.4762

- Can you in PvP get an amount of achievement points comparable to a PvE player? No.

-u can get precursors and mats from the tracks and bags, so its possible, yes. but im still waiting for a topic called “legendary reward track, cmon anet”

-you had the chance to get a pvp only light armor set. also an amazing back item skin. so yes

-no, and i dont get the point. pvp is pvp and pve is pve. win a few teamq games and you will gain 1g. make dungeons and fractals every day and you will gain your 1g per first run. pvp is not that a big part as pve is.. so ofc in pve are more possibilities in making money.

-play with every profession in soloq/teamq and finish your titles

it was so easy to get armor and weapon skins in pvp mode while pve players had to run dungeons multiple times. i got nearly all dungeon sets for free just for playing pvp and doing nothing specific.

you lazy guys, just play the whole game, and not only 20% of it, if u want the whole stuff.

Irenicus X (Necro)
Sarevok X (Warrior)
Minsc X (Ranger)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Ok to anything ascended…
Not ok with fractal skins >.> its the only PvE istancce only rare item not related to gold, TP or Gem shop.

Needs to stay as it is.

You d better get your own pvp only skins

Like the ones we’ve had since never? Tell it to Anet, maybe they’ll listen to you PvE’ers because they sure aren’t listening to us about it…..

Fractals are end game content with a defined gear progression that would be side stepped by simply showing up to sPvP matches and getting a pat on the back.

Really? A statless weapon skin intended to be transmuted is gear progression?
Oh wait, you must mean those ascended rings that you can’t get anywhere outside of FotM, oh wait, you can, from Laurel Vendors and Wv3….

So basically, what you’re saying, is it’s ok to be able to get all your skins and use them all in PvP without having had to unlock anything in PvP like we had to due to the new gear unification, but it’s not ok for PvPers to have them be unlocked in PvP without having to do PvE content that they don’t want to? You haven’t earned a single thing in PvE that you should be able to carry across to PvP, you have been given it by the wardrobe inclusion.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

LordByron.8369

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Masquerade_armor

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Balthazar_Carapace

Also some weapons

To start with lets do a fractal track were agony hits players every 10 seconds and if you don t own a full ascended equipment you die….

That is gear + time gated content…..

GW2 balance:

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Just no, if they add this a lot of people will just farm it for the skins. The only way this can be added is if there’s an easier way to get it in PvE (aka trade in for fractal tokens).

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

As far as I’m aware, we can’t even get Masq armor any more (though I’m happy to be corrected). This was obtainable at wolf rank (ie not very high) and can hardly be classified as the “elite gameplay content” that seems Fractals are claimed to be (lol what? Elite since when?)

Balth backpack, yeah, that’s so awesome right? and totally on par with what’s being said in regards to the Fractal weapon skins, not to mention until recently you could sell them on the TP, so yeah, GG for that being PvP only.

Where’s our Aether’s, Foefires Essence, Vision of the Mists, PvP Legendaries etc? To think that PvE doesn’t get more is folly.

To start with lets do a fractal track were agony hits players every 10 seconds and if you don t own a full ascended equipment you die….

That is gear + time gated content…..

Sure thing, while we’re at it, while you’re doing a dungeon run how about out of nowhere 5 other players start wailing on you, because the only way we earned comparable skins is by fighting for them.

Please tell me which Fractal gives agony every 10 seconds throughout the entire act. I guess we’ll also be able to use AR just as you do to mitigate it right? You know, the thing you didn’t need until after level 10 fractal and even come as drops now?

It’s funny how precious some people are being about PvE rewards whilst being painfully ignorant in PvP and farming it without actually paying any attention to the way it’s meant to be played or in fact winning… or team work…. or common sense…

PvP player complains about PvE crossing over – PvE player tells them to deal with it.
PvP player suggests a fractal track – PvE player gets bent out of shape because “ELITE CONTENT!”

You guys just want your cake and eat it don’t you.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

haviz.1340

I’m pretty sure you can’t, unless they have changed it recently. Time ago I used to do fractals and I clearly remember I did even levels fractals only once a day because otherwise I had no chest at all, while doing odd level fractals just to level up.

They always have been tier bound, those threads have people confirming that.

Which is anyway still higher than the average PvP profit, which is my point,
Even if you do only fractals you get higher gold income compared to doing PvP for reward tracks, as one PvP match takes 10 mins average while one fractal takes one hour.

As I pointed out, if you win all matches in tPvP, you get 5 rewards, which will be one Tome of Knowledge, one trasmutation charge, 6 mob chests and 2 champion bags.
Doing a fractal you open at least 4 final chests and kill way more mobs than the equivalent of 6 mob chests.

Not going to defend that pvp reward don’t suck but one transmutation charge is worth about 3g if you want to buy them with your gold.

One last thing, a friend told me he got zojja’s chest piece from krytan region track and it’s worth more than 50g. Though rng.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

They always have been tier bound, those threads have people confirming that.

I misunderstood that it was level bound instead of tier bound, sorry about that.

I don’t know, to be honest, since if you’re doing lower level fractals you’re not getting the rewards of higher tier.

-u can get precursors and mats from the tracks and bags, so its possible, yes. but im still waiting for a topic called “legendary reward track, cmon anet”

-you had the chance to get a pvp only light armor set. also an amazing back item skin. so yes

-no, and i dont get the point. pvp is pvp and pve is pve. win a few teamq games and you will gain 1g. make dungeons and fractals every day and you will gain your 1g per first run. pvp is not that a big part as pve is.. so ofc in pve are more possibilities in making money.

-play with every profession in soloq/teamq and finish your titles

it was so easy to get armor and weapon skins in pvp mode while pve players had to run dungeons multiple times. i got nearly all dungeon sets for free just for playing pvp and doing nothing specific.

you lazy guys, just play the whole game, and not only 20% of it, if u want the whole stuff.

1) You can get precursors and mats, but still you can’t craft it since gift of mastery and legendary gifts require you to craft and to do world completation as it isn’t something you can do in PvP.

2) “Amazing back item skin”. You mean meh back item skin that has been heavily inflationated and sold on the TP for about 20g?
Also, big lol at “you had the chance to get a pvp only light armor set”. That armor was horrible and easily obtainable and low rank.

3) Why PvP is not that a big part? Who said that to you? Why grinding AI should be better rewarding than winning against actual players?
Those PvE players getting rampant in the PvP forum are hilarious.

4) Still not even close to the amount of achievement points you can get in PvE.

5) LOL, it was easy to get dungeon armor in PvP back then? To get a kittenty CoF armor set you needed to get r50, while to get cultural armor or TA skin you had to be r80, which no players has ever been.

So now we are lazy who wants to get rewarded for actually playing the game competitively while you PvE guys who are now swarming PvP with your shinies legendaries earned by grinding mobs without even touching PvP since launch are the hard-workers? Yeah, definitely true.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Neko.9021

So you don’t have to spend several hundreds of gold to play fractals.

To play at Level 40+, you almost certainly have to.

At level 40, you need 55 AR to survive the Agony checks. At level 50, you need 70 AR.

You can get 20 from Infused Rings with +5 Agony Infusions inside, then 10 more from Accessories. 5 More from an amulet, and then 5 more from a backpiece.

That’s 40 AR. You still need 15 or 30 more to do higher level FOTM.

To Infuse a backpiece, you need to spend 250 Ectos (a ton of money). If you place a +5 infusion, that gets you to 45 AR. Still not enough.

At this point, you either need to buy a bunch of +10 infusions (costs about 70 gold per, on the trading post), or get Ascended Weapons or Ascended Armor. It easily costs over 100 gold to get a craft to 500, and then about 50 gold or so to make an ascended weapon or armor piece.

So yes, if you want to progress in fractals and have a decent chance at getting good rewards, you do need to spend hundreds of gold.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

sorrow.2364

At level 40, you need 55 AR to survive the Agony checks. At level 50, you need 70 AR.

You can get 20 from Infused Rings with +5 Agony Infusions inside, then 10 more from Accessories. 5 More from an amulet, and then 5 more from a backpiece.

To Infuse a backpiece, you need to spend 250 Ectos (a ton of money). If you place a +5 infusion, that gets you to 45 AR. Still not enough.

At this point, you either need to buy a bunch of +10 infusions (costs about 70 gold per, on the trading post), or get Ascended Weapons or Ascended Armor. It easily costs over 100 gold to get a craft to 500, and then about 50 gold or so to make an ascended weapon or armor piece.

So yes, if you want to progress in fractals and have a decent chance at getting good rewards, you do need to spend hundreds of gold.

According to drop research, you can play level 30-40 fractal and get the same rewards as doing lv50 fractal:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Doing lv40+ fractals is only a matter of challenge and it is unnecessary in order to get fractal skins or ascended stuff.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Neko.9021

According to drop research, you can play level 30-40 fractal and get the same rewards as doing lv50 fractal:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Doing lv40+ fractals is only a matter of challenge and it is unnecessary in order to get fractal skins or ascended stuff.

I’m quite aware of that drop research, and I’m not entirely sure if it’s wholly true or not.

If it is true, then the drop rates are bugged. That, at the very least, must change first.

Regardless, it wouldn’t change the fact that drop rates are absolutely completely terrible for people doing fractals for skins.

Until fractal players have a decent way of getting skins (non-RNG or a much, much, much higher drop rate), I don’t think a reward track should be implemented. Even the effort of getting to level 30 is pretty hard for the average player. Once there’s a fix to make getting fractal skins more reliable, then I’d totally be on board with a PvP reward track.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

I don’t get the point that it’s hard to get a fotm weapon skin.. I think its a matter of luck.. Although maybe the hard part is the grinding then…

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: scabrous.7835

scabrous.7835

Fractal skin of choice in the final 40/40 chest would be perfect. Love the idea of the Fractal Track. You could even make access to this path less frequent to prevent people from farming skins.

Three Jackdaws – SD4Life – Desolation EU
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

hate the idea of fractal skins in pvp

pve has fractal weapons

wvw has (or will be getting) mistforged weapons

which opens the door for pvp exclusive weapon set

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

This wont happen, unless the last chest only has ~25% chance at a random wep.

I like PvP a lot more than PvE, but the amount of time and luck required to obtain a fractal skin compared to the other dungeon is astronomically higher.

For those who don’t do fractals, after you have done it 50 times… you can spend ~1h30m 3 times a day doing them for a 5-10% to get a skin each time. So after you put in your ~75 hours prereq you spend ~30-40 hours to get a random skin. Now compare that to doing 5 runs of any other dungeon, and you get to choose what skin you want lol.

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

With the PvP revamp announcement, I thought I’d necro this thread with a different suggestion – how about a sPvP fractal track that rewards pristine Fractal Relics and fractal relics?

I would play the heck out of sPvP if it meant that I could get pristine relics without needing to set foot into FotM and deal with those kitten-ing, kitten-y jumping puzzles.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

With the PvP revamp announcement, I thought I’d necro this thread with a different suggestion – how about a sPvP fractal track that rewards pristine Fractal Relics and fractal relics?

I would play the heck out of sPvP if it meant that I could get pristine relics without needing to set foot into FotM and deal with those kitten-ing, kitten-y jumping puzzles.

Nope no way, it that was to happen no one would every do fractals again.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Here’s the issue with this. Fractal skins are RNG in Fractals. There is no “set” way to get the one you want. It’s all chance. If they implement a Fractal Reward Track it isn’t fair to people that play Fractals. See the issue? This isn’t like the dungeon tracks because in dungeons you have the ability to earn a currency that you then spend to earn a piece of armor or weapon. There is no equivalent for that in Fractals.

The only way I would be on board with this is if they gave Fractal players tokens with which to buy Fractal weapons of their choice. If that doesn’t happen then this should 100% not happen. PvP players should not have the ability to earn a skin of their choosing while Fractal players have to rely on RNG not only to get a weapon, but to get the one they want.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Nope no way, it that was to happen no one would every do fractals again.

My suggestion was only that relics (normal and pristine) could be obtained from sPvP, people would still have to do fractals if they wanted the weapon skins from the fractal daily reward chests.

But you have a good point. The forced grouping and content of FotM is so annoying and tedious that it seems likely most players would eagerly go to any other option for the skins if it were offered. I can see that would be a problem.

One wacky solution, and I’m being really crazy here, would be to make fractals so they were NOT tedious and annoying timesinks, and turn them into entertaining content that people would be as likely to pick as sPvP matches.

The only way I would be on board with this is if they gave Fractal players tokens with which to buy Fractal weapons of their choice. If that doesn’t happen then this should 100% not happen. PvP players should not have the ability to earn a skin of their choosing while Fractal players have to rely on RNG not only to get a weapon, but to get the one they want.

As I mentioned, my suggestion was only that Fractal and Pristine Fractal relics would be earned through sPvP, not the weapon skins as the OP suggested but fractal tokens do sound like a good idea to me.

You are quite correct, PvP players should not have the ability to pick weapons while PvE players are relegated to an RNG. Fractal tokens would be a reasonable solution.

And this relates back to the concept of making fractals into something people actually want to do compared to the other content in the game. Knowing that stepping into FotM means potentially wasting a whole evening if you have a bad RNG rolls is not something that is appealing to modern players. It’s the kind of mechanic from old-school MMOs that should be throw into the trash heap with flawed concepts like forced grouping, perma-death and FFA PvP.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Fractal Reward Track

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The problem with fractal skin track is also that you can go weeks without seeing a skin doing the 49/50 daily. So this track would have to take insanely long (25 times or longer than the current tracks) to not make fractals obsolete.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.