Free Tourney Tokens

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I used to get these rather frequently when I salvaged PvP items but now I haven’t’ gotten a single one in these last several months. Have they stopped being salvageable from rank 0-30 items, are they ONLY from Tourney chest items, or have the “drop rate” been significantly reduced?

I’ve already gotten most Priory warrior weapons but there’s a few I would like still so I’m curious if any of you have managed to get your hands on any since the big patch a few months ago.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Free tokens did never drop from rank chests. The match win chest drops are the mixture of Free and Paid tournament rewards + some new, so salvaging items from those is the only way getting them, but they can either drop free or paid.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Free tokens did never drop from rank chests. The match win chest drops are the mixture of Free and Paid tournament rewards + some new, so salvaging items from those is the only way getting them, but they can either drop free or paid.

No, they DID used to be salvageable from rank chest items, that’s how I got all my Priory and Vigil items. A patch a few months back changed that, so I suspected it was only Tourney items now, thank you for confirming.

Just an angry old man…

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

If you got tourney tokens from rank chests that would most likely be a bug.
Tourney tokes come from salvaged items from tourney wins.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Did some tourneys last night and managed to get a few, even got a couple paid tokens even though it was free. But yah, they used to drop all the time from at least rank 20 boxes. From these I got enough tokens for Vigil GS and Hammer, and Priory Axe, Shield, and Mace. I just hadn’t recalled seeing it being listed as a bug fix but I hadn’t seriously tried for any tokens for a while now.

Just an angry old man…

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Did some tourneys last night and managed to get a few, even got a couple paid tokens even though it was free.

No such thing as free nor paid tournament exists anymore. Only 1-round rated tournaments, that’s why you can get both from the same chest.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Did some tourneys last night and managed to get a few, even got a couple paid tokens even though it was free.

No such thing as free nor paid tournament exists anymore. Only 1-round rated tournaments, that’s why you can get both from the same chest.

Yah true I guess I just thought that there would be a DIFFERENT way to obtain them, didn’t know they just threw them all in the same category now. How much you wanna bet I end up getting all ugly Guild armor with my paid tokens.

Just an angry old man…

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

I gave up crafting arah armor after 30 guild armor pieces in a row. So gl

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Free Tourney Tokens

in PvP

Posted by: Xscyt.5463

Xscyt.5463

Well, the Wiki says “They have a chance to be salvaged when using a PvP Salvage Kit on PvP items found in copper, silver and gold reward chests.” should be updated then…

Xscyt | Thief | Desolation [EU]