Free2Play GW2 PVP

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kenny.3476

Kenny.3476

Hi Devs,
I would like to know why you don’t open the PVP (only) for the F2P-World. Many people will test GW2 pvp and see how “amazing” it is. The number of PvP’players will grow instantly. And if they like PVP many will buy the fullversion – perhaps with an upgrade
Best example LOL.
Cheers
Kenny

(edited by Kenny.3476)

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

How would they monetize it?

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

How would they monetize it?

Armor style packs?
Dye packs?
Additional class slots?

There are a lot of ways to monetize such a thing. Just give F2P players only 1 or 2 class slots, and let them pay for visual customization (or buy the full game of course) for example.

I command you to be AWESOME.

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would say no to this.

The behavior of (some parts) of the PvP players is already bad enough. Adding the ability for every troll on the internet to join it for free will just make it worse.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I would say no to this.

The behavior of (some parts) of the PvP players is already bad enough. Adding the ability for every troll on the internet to join it for free will just make it worse.

More people → more visibility → more bought copies → less queue times → even more people → more money

Toxic people are there anyway, so I don’t really se the point.

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

HATS! HATS! HATS!…. just like TF2. Just do it!

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

in the begining it sounds crazy, but the more you think of this idea the more sense it makes

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

I’ve been saying this for a long time, i agree 100%

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

More people -> more visibility -> more bought copies -> less queue times -> even more people -> more money

Not necessarily.

People might be turned off by the very toxic environment. And it will not lessen with F2P, quite the contrary. Just look at games like HoN, LoL and DotA2.

While more player and more money is good, the risks of this making them lose out on money probably outweighs the possible benefits.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

game not ready for this

people would test it and delete it very fast^^

before it need more gamemodes and infrastructure or gw2 would never recover from the bad reputation this f2p players would give. Everywhere you would just see “lol gw2^^” “not worth the money” “gw2 pvp is a joke” when talk bout pvp or mmo games.

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Hi Devs,
I would like to know why you don’t open the PVP (only) for the F2P-World. Many people will test GW2 pvp and see how “amazing” it is. The number of PvP’players will grow instantly. And if they like PVP many will buy the fullversion – perhaps with an upgrade
Best example LOL.
Cheers
Kenny

Pvp getting infested with F2pers… ? You realize what a horrible idea that will be ? Giving people the chance to test out the game in trialweekends,or even a week with limited options would be a better solution.

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

This game PvP doesn’t even reach the F2P quality. People would uninstall after 30 minutes

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’ve said this a lot. It needs to happen. More players, better matchmaking, shorter queues, more viewers online.

Take a look at the popularity of Smite, it isn’t nearly as smooth or fun as gw2 pvp, yet it nets 2k viewers on twitch.

Ranger | Elementalist

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

I’ve said this a lot. It needs to happen. More players, better matchmaking, shorter queues, more viewers online.

Take a look at the popularity of Smite, it isn’t nearly as smooth or fun as gw2 pvp, yet it nets 2k viewers on twitch.

Half the viewers of smite are bots anyway

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

More people -> more visibility -> more bought copies -> less queue times -> even more people -> more money

Not necessarily.

People might be turned off by the very toxic environment. And it will not lessen with F2P, quite the contrary. Just look at games like HoN, LoL and DotA2.

While more player and more money is good, the risks of this making them lose out on money probably outweighs the possible benefits.

LoL, HoN and DotA are making an hell out of money and are way more popular compared to Guild Wars 2 while being not even close as the fun GW2 provides.

Why would ANet lose money? People who wanted to buy the game have already bought it, people who aren’t interested that much would probably download it if PvP was F2P and perhaps get involved and eventually buying the game for PvE and WvW and ending up spending money on the gem shop for aestetics.

But, probably, it is not safe to make the PvP F2P right now, there are still an hell lot of features missing.

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: ajskold.6987

ajskold.6987

this is the worst idea of all time u obviously aint high rank player .. when u reach it ull get to know how hilarious attemp would it b..

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: ajskold.6987

ajskold.6987

Not necessarily.

LoL, HoN and DotA are making an hell out of money and are way more popular compared to Guild Wars 2 while being not even close as the fun GW2 provides.

Why would ANet lose money? People who wanted to buy the game have already bought it, people who aren’t interested that much would probably download it if PvP was F2P and perhaps get involved and eventually buying the game for PvE and WvW and ending up spending money on the gem shop for aestetics.

But, probably, it is not safe to make the PvP F2P right now, there are still an hell lot of features missing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg thsi arguments are …. just … i am speachless…. mak ur own game buddie… once again u have no idea bout pvp comunity atm aswell u are actinn like anet dudes didnt know other games they just dont want to make it f2p dats it…. ohhh and btw ITS the 3rd topic about this … but i decided ill w8st another 2min of my time
;)

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

in the begining it sounds crazy, but the more you think of this idea the more sense it makes

Here, let me walk you through it…

This game has no issues with people owning it or people knowledge about it.
It was B2P with millions of copies sold before launch and an outrageously large fallowing at release.

Most people who are into MMO PvP have tried this game.
Most people who are interested in MMO PvP own this game.

Yet the population is low…
So it isn’t an issue with accessibility, or knowledge about GW2.
If the game is worth their time, those people would be playing GW2 since it is utterly free for those millions who already bought it.

Ahh, there’s the issue, worth their time, the game, for most, isn’t worth playing.
Making the game free to play won’t change that.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Here, let me walk you through it…

This game has no issues with people owning it or people knowledge about it.
It was B2P with millions of copies sold before launch and an outrageously large fallowing at release.

Most people who are into MMO PvP have tried this game.
Most people who are interested in MMO PvP own this game.

Yet the population is low…
So it isn’t an issue with accessibility, or knowledge about GW2.
If the game is worth their time, those people would be playing GW2 since it is utterly free for those millions who already bought it.

Ahh, there’s the issue, worth their time, the game, for most, isn’t worth playing.
Making the game free to play won’t change that.

There is no way to know what kind of player bought the game. There could be a much larger number of people who only do F2P games who have not tried it. I think its a good idea.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

This is a great idea. But I think the game needs more streamlining for this to work. Ladders need to be integrated into the game, build templates need to be available, and the overall Heart of the Mists needs better tutorials/newbie friendly stuff, to name a few. I’m guessing August of this year would make sense for the game to go F2P for 1 character in PVP only. I do hope the devs are already thinking about this.

Professor James – Mesmer

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I support the idea of making PvP F2P with 1-3 character slots available (and extra slots costing more than they would if you owned the game, or something), but ONLY after every single last piece of infrastructure has been laid and works perfectly.

This includes:

• Ladders
  • Build templates
  • Automated daily/weekly/monthly tournaments
  • PROPER TUTORIALS
  • Pre-made builds that don’t totally suck like the current ones. No offence Anet, I love you guys, but your default builds are terribad.
  • Everything I’ve forgotten.

The PvP in this game isn’t even halfway finished now, releasing it F2P would just make GW2 PvP even more of a laughing stock. The combat system is fantastic, but the actual PvP infrastructure isn’t.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I think F2P PvP would be awesome for the game… in the future.

Like others have said, the infrastructure just isn’t there yet. The tutorials are horrible. The convenience features that should exist, don’t. The initial experience of hotjoins is absolutely horrible (8v8 zerging). Solo/Team queues ladders mean absolutely nothing. And this is just all a drop in the bucket.

I do think if all of this existed, it would be profitable for Anet. They could easily impose a few restrictions on accounts with purchasable upgrades (character slots). In a few years, they could easily have a plethora of awesome skins/finishers on the gem store. Moba games do just fine w/ aesthetic purchases, i’m sure Gw2 can do the same.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There is no way to know what kind of player bought the game. There could be a much larger number of people who only do F2P games who have not tried it. I think its a good idea.

A large ‘only F2P MMO PvP’ market is an utterly massive ‘maybe’ to base an entire PvP-wide change on.
You don’t even seem to know much about it, at least from what you just wrote.
You seem to be winging it and saying ‘trying something is better than nothing’.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

HATS! HATS! HATS!…. just like TF2. Just do it!

This guy knows what he’s talking about.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

This game PvP doesn’t even reach the F2P quality. People would uninstall after 30 minutes

That’s the sad part

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Free2Play GW2 PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Yeah, great idea! Cause PvP really needs more afkers, leavers and gold spammers with free accounts that anet won’t even be able to ban effectively or anything.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)