From 58% Win Solo Q To <25% Ranked Win

in PvP

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

Let me start this by saying that I am a big fan of this game. I play all formats, and I play all classes. I am also not interested in blaming teammates, or putting blame on the new system. I just want to understand what is going on with this system and I want to know how long I will have to continue experiencing what I am currently experiencing.

I no longer feel like I am playing a competitive format when I solo queue. I am frustrated because I have played what I consider to be a fair number of games (over 30) since the change, and my experience has only gotten worse and worse as I seemingly continue to sink lower and lower.

I’ve got 2,848 games played, 1,829 of them being ranked.
I’ve been top 100 NA solo Q with 6 classes, top 10 with 2.
I held a steady 57-58% win rate in solo queue with over 1200 games.
I don’t recall my team queue, it was mostly from way before the split. Over 500 games, over 55% win rate.

Since the change I have played 32 or so games. I have won 6 or 7 of them. One of those wins was a 5v4. One of the losses was a 5v4 as well, that’s how bad my luck is.

I have been paired with afks, with people who have to stop mid match to change their bindings because they “haven’t played gw2 in months.” I’ve fought frenzy bulls charge warriors, I’ve fought staff guardians who only staff 1 and shout, like they’re in WvW.

I am used to a world where people had 80-100 personal score and the games were relatively even. 500-300 was a blowout.

I now live in a world where I die maybe once a match. Where I score over 300 points sometimes. I live in a world where people freak out and get upset over the fact that I have a dragon finisher. “How dare Anet put me against a rank 80!?” But I still lose 75% of my games, frequently with scores of 500-150

I live in a world where I can’t evaluate the game flow anymore. Teammates see 3-4 enemies on a point on the minimap, they run in and die 4v1. The match starts and people rush lords, or go 4 man to Svanir, leaving me to run from a 3v1 at mid.

I don’t want to put the blame on my teammates. I am not interested in doing that. I just want to know what is going on?

How did I get here? How did I go from having a wonderful competitive experience where I played even games against skilled opponents and struggled to come out ahead on a nightly basis to this?

Is my MMR from the old system so high that the game is somehow expecting me to carry that hard? Is anyone else experiencing this? Has it gotten better? Was my unlucky streak at the beginning so bad (5 or 6 games) that it tanked my new rating permanently?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

First off, THANK YOU for sharing this and showing that an obviously good player can still lose most of their matches in the current testing environment.

I feared it was just me.

It’s a nagging feeling that “maybe I really suck and I never knew it”.

I have 4400 matches and I am experiencing the same thing. I am constantly teamed with people who do not seem to understand the strategy of conquest and the team I am on loses terribly. 500-40 terribly.

And the frustrating thing is I cannot seem to turn it around, no matter how hard I try.

You really need a team in this game. Having four new players who have only done hotjoin skirmishing before, well, that’s not really playing conquest.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

You now really dont care your leaderboard rank if you are solo quque person. In the previous SoloQ leaderboard, the person who has more than 1~200 matchs but has highest winrate was around 70%. This is probably highest winrate you could obtain ,if you are very skilled, even though pvp is updated, so rank is calculated based on high hardest enemy is. The winrate fact does not change.

Highest Winrate of TeamQ is like 85%, which means they monopolizes by only teamming up with skilled people around him.

Since Soloq and TeamQ leaderboard is merged, people who has skilled people around him will always take higher position than you who only play soloQ even though you are extraordinary skilled soloq pvper. And I even saw that new system even matchs soloQ people to premade team of 2 or 3 or more.

Just don’t care leaderboard rank if you are soloq person. Anet started not caring solo users I guess.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

Just don’t care leaderboard rank if you are soloq person. Anet started not caring solo users I guess.

That’s fine to say. To be frank my leaderboard position was less about me trying to be #1 and more about me very much enjoying the game.

But the problem is that the new system is not providing me with very many enjoyable games anymore.

I don’t want to win 75% of the time. I would hate to be in a world where the competition was so far below me that I could influence a game to that degree by myself.

I also don’t want to lose 75% of the time and be surrounded by players tremendously below my peerage.

I want good even matches, with close scores, where I feel like my skill and my decisions actually matter. I don’t want to win and feel like it wasn’t in part due to me, and I also don’t want to lose and feel like I just scored 300+ points and absolutely dominated but we still lost 500-150.

But this new system is not delivering that. It is putting me into a vast majority of games which I’d rate as abjectly miserable. I just want to know if this is somehow explicable, and if this is somehow intended behavior. Because if I am supposed to lose 75% of the time because I am solo queuing from a high skill level then there are more questions to ask.

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

For some reason there is a huge surge of pve players in rated arenas. So if you want to have a good time or just care about your win ratio I would advise to take a break from pvp and let things settle.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Is it for those bags and boxes I keep accumulating?

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I just played about 10 games I won 3 of them somehow

One game we had two condi thieves – that’s right two – both using speed signet too

One game I had an engi who camped flamethrower throughout the entire match he was unaware of any other kit

Another game was 4v5 since one of the players kept switching toons wondering why he could not get out of the pvp match and back to PvE

GG ANET

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

I wish I could relate… but I don’t even lose to premades when I solo q. I think the last guild group I ran into got 500-od lmao. 2v1 wins at far op.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

At the moment it is because the leaderboards / ladders haven’t been turned on yet (december 16th?) and there is also a huge influx of PvE players trying their hand at PvP. This creates the impression that you’re doing worse where in reality you’re not. There are entire handfuls of players I never knew PvPed pre patch but they did, they just weren’t any good at it so I wasn’t paired with them. The PvE players also factor in, but because of the new matchmaking and leaderboards it will take a while for them to even out.

I played one match where I was the pug and the other 4 players were a guild. We were up against full pugs. The 4 ran around the map as a bus collecting personal score while I tried to rotate, and they blamed our loss on the fact that the other team had 2 thieves “cos thief is op”.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Aiya.9175

Aiya.9175

The only time I’ve seen Dimglow win or be a force in solo queue is when he played turret engi or longbow ranger. Both of these builds are absolute trash against competent players but amazing for the cesspool of skill that was solo queue.

So yes, your mmr was definitely too high and you’re getting farmed down to where you should be. I’m sure you’ll get back to 58% or whatever soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The new MMR doesn’t account for your old soloq MMR. It’s only using teamq data.

Ranked arena is using whatever MMR you had before in team arena.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

For some reason there is a huge surge of pve players in rated arenas. So if you want to have a good time or just care about your win ratio I would advise to take a break from pvp and let things settle.

The PvP buff is on, that is likely drawing in an inordinate amount of PvEers.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…