Frustrated? CHANGES COMING!

in PvP

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

You know sometimes you get upset and feel like you are alone. I wanted to make this video to let the rest of the community know new changes are coming and they seem great. To be fair this video also talks about things that are NOT great! Things that i want ANET to change ASAP! If you feel the same way after watching it…Just remember we are all playing the same game and your salt is mine too.

Also I know ANET made a thread about this already. But not everybody checks the forms and I feel like as a conent creator it is our responsibility to make sure the rest of the community gets the message. Enjoy

~BalougaPOD

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You know sometimes you get upset and feel like you are alone. I wanted to make this video to let the rest of the community know new changes are coming and they seem great. To be fair this video also talks about things that are NOT great! Things that i want ANET to change ASAP! If you feel the same way after watching it…Just remember we are all playing the same game and your salt is mine too.

Also I know ANET made a thread about this already. But not everybody checks the forms and I feel like as a conent creator it is our responsibility to make sure the rest of the community gets the message. Enjoy

~BalougaPOD

Agree with everything you said. Kudos to you.

But here is one thing that every player needs to speak out to.

BALANCE PATCHES QUALITY SUCK kitten

For a grueling wait time of 4 months, there is barely any trait changes/ reworks involved. A lot of em are just Tooltip fixes. All classes have unused traits and what not just because they suck. Improving on the quality of patches enables more build diversity.

Can you imagine it took 4 years to save pet names?

If we had more quality patches, I am pretty sure there will be less complaint for balance and fewer complaints that we have 0 build diversity.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I agree and disagree with a test server for future balance updates.

Major tournaments should play on the server while the majority of the casual community shouldn’t have access to future updates. And/or only the top mmr/win% players should only have access to it. Though many will be dissapointed, this just makes sense for a lot of reasons but I wont go into detail yet.

Then there’s whether or not Anet can cough up the budget for developing and maintaining another server for beta balance patches. On paper it sounds awesome mainly because other mmorpg games has it but, this isn’t a subscription based rpg. Their resources have to be allocated appropriately and I honestly think they can’t fit it in their budget.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Major tournaments should play on the server while the majority of the casual community shouldn’t have access to future updates. And/or only the top mmr/win% players should only have access to it. Though many will be dissapointed, this just makes sense for a lot of reasons but I wont go into detail yet.

Then there’s whether or not Anet can cough up the budget for developing and maintaining another server for beta balance patches. On paper it sounds awesome mainly because other mmorpg games has it but, this isn’t a subscription based rpg. Their resources have to be allocated appropriately and I honestly think they can’t fit it in their budget.

Do you also think only the top 1% of income earners should decide tax law policy and rates? Of course, you don’t because that would be stupid and short-sighted. Yet that is exactly what your purposing by only having tournament teams allowed to made comments on balance patches.

Prime example in WTS tournament, denial ran the worst necro build you could possibly make. Even the commentators scratched their head at it. Why did they do? It was purely there to absorb condi’s and be a rez bot on mid. They also won…

In short, they are worst people to design to patches when they create builds where 4 others have to carry one person and just use them as life boat if they need.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I have to stop and say you are certainly a fan boy

Ok a few things

1- The games system is great. The style of play and the way you play the game is the best of the best. The reason we complain is because its not balanced at all. I did T4 fractals yesterday and we had a druid who could out heal old toms room. We didnt activate the fan once and straight killed him. Balancing a game around raids kills every aspect of the game. Sure raids are alot of fun and rewarding when your in a group that does it. But what about those who are not raiding and enjoy the other aspects of the game and see all the flaws in PvP, WvW, dungeons, fractals and PvE?

2- Do you honestly believe that the ESL players are not as good as advertised? I can not tell you how many people say this and then get wrecked. There was literally a forum post by someone (i remember who if you want me to say it) who was constantly bashing Five Gauge. They 1 vs 1 and Five Gauge took a screen shot of the player talking smack in down state and with him still with over 80% health and a heal skill available. We had a solo que and you can look up who had a number 1# ranking. Guess what your gonna see noscoc, tarcis, toker, OE, your gonna see all the same people in these tournaments.

3- Lastly what does making solo-duo que do? If match making is bad how is it fixed? Lets stop pretending that all premades are the same. Season 1 MM had me face team PZ 4 out 5 matches. Guess what the team i was on scored 100 pts each time, against other premades i had won. I have a screen print of my Guild Team winning a 3 vs 5. Is that us being OP or MM screwing the other team or us? You cant hide a problem by throwing a blanket over it. At someone point someone is gonna realize that the problem is still here and that is just has a blanket.

Dont praise Anet PvP until they actually deliver. We dont know when the next PvP season, maybe they post pone it for a long time. No one knows, lets say they dont balance anything and let build diversity to remain the same. Will you be like guys we are heading in a good direction?

“Well done is better than well said”. ~Benjamin Franklin

in PvP

Biklen.5490

~BalougaPOD

Agree with everything you said. Kudos to you.

But here is one thing that every player needs to speak out to.

*BALANCE PATCHES QUALITY SUCK kitten

For a grueling wait time of 4 months, there is barely any trait changes/ reworks involved. A lot of em are just Tooltip fixes. All classes have unused traits and what not just because they suck. Improving on the quality of patches enables more build diversity.

Can you imagine it took 4 years to save pet names?

If we had more quality patches, I am pretty sure there will be less complaint for balance and fewer complaints that we have 0 build diversity.

Your right they move very slow…But it is free to play so at this point we just sit back and have to wait on the stuff they put out…I am holding my breath for a good patch though

in PvP

Biklen.5490

I have to stop and say you are certainly a fan boy

Ok a few things

1- The games system is great. The style of play and the way you play the game is the best of the best. The reason we complain is because its not balanced at all. I did T4 fractals yesterday and we had a druid who could out heal old toms room. We didnt activate the fan once and straight killed him. Balancing a game around raids kills every aspect of the game. Sure raids are alot of fun and rewarding when your in a group that does it. But what about those who are not raiding and enjoy the other aspects of the game and see all the flaws in PvP, WvW, dungeons, fractals and PvE?

2- Do you honestly believe that the ESL players are not as good as advertised? I can not tell you how many people say this and then get wrecked. There was literally a forum post by someone (i remember who if you want me to say it) who was constantly bashing Five Gauge. They 1 vs 1 and Five Gauge took a screen shot of the player talking smack in down state and with him still with over 80% health and a heal skill available. We had a solo que and you can look up who had a number 1# ranking. Guess what your gonna see noscoc, tarcis, toker, OE, your gonna see all the same people in these tournaments.

3- Lastly what does making solo-duo que do? If match making is bad how is it fixed? Lets stop pretending that all premades are the same. Season 1 MM had me face team PZ 4 out 5 matches. Guess what the team i was on scored 100 pts each time, against other premades i had won. I have a screen print of my Guild Team winning a 3 vs 5. Is that us being OP or MM screwing the other team or us? You cant hide a problem by throwing a blanket over it. At someone point someone is gonna realize that the problem is still here and that is just has a blanket.

Dont praise Anet PvP until they actually deliver. We dont know when the next PvP season, maybe they post pone it for a long time. No one knows, lets say they dont balance anything and let build diversity to remain the same. Will you be like guys we are heading in a good direction?

“Well done is better than well said”. ~Benjamin Franklin

To go ESL you have to know your class..>You have to be good…But that doesnt make you ESL..>What makes you ESL is the fact you have 4 players that will take their time and practice with you.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

agree with u except for PTR just for skill changes or balance? they just need to keep us updated, i know they have testers and QA. i dont understand secrecy of anet also, i mean games like wow is basically dissected by players during PTR or alpha and beta but millions of players still buys the expansion.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Prime example in WTS tournament, denial ran the worst necro build you could possibly make. Even the commentators scratched their head at it. Why did they do? It was purely there to absorb condi’s and be a rez bot on mid. They also won…

In short, they are worst people to design to patches when they create builds where 4 others have to carry one person and just use them as life boat if they need.

I wouldn’t say that’s an indication that they’re bad at making builds. It sounds like they made a build that worked with their team build and tactics.

However, that does highlight one of the differences between ESL play and what most people experience: ESL play generally isn’t a matter of individual builds going up against one another, but teams. It makes sense to make sure that the people giving feedback are people who play at a level where they actually look to find counters to builds that they’re having problems against rather than complaining as a first resort – but on the other hand, you’d want to have testing that reflects the experience of the typical player who often doesn’t get organised teams too.

You’d also need to watch for the ‘putting the fox in charge of the henhouse’ effect, where pro players lobby so that their primary professions get buffs and their rivals get nerfs because it’s in their financial interest.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

@Biklen.5490

Obviously it takes 4 other people to play with you. you are saying stuff that is kind of leaning towards they are not as good as the League makes them seem to be am i correct?

Like i dont know if you did the 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 tournaments in the past but it was kind of the same people winning all those and then they went to ESL, then Pro League.

They way you keep phrasing it and typing it makes it sound like you dont believe they are the best players in the game and that this “new” system will bring other players together and take down the Evil Empire of ESL top tier teams.

in PvP

Biklen.5490

@Biklen.5490

Obviously it takes 4 other people to play with you. you are saying stuff that is kind of leaning towards they are not as good as the League makes them seem to be am i correct?

Like i dont know if you did the 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 tournaments in the past but it was kind of the same people winning all those and then they went to ESL, then Pro League.

They way you keep phrasing it and typing it makes it sound like you dont believe they are the best players in the game and that this “new” system will bring other players together and take down the Evil Empire of ESL top tier teams.

You know I’ve played many MMO’s throughout the years…And I’ve seen many good players come and go. GW2 is a very casual game with very small amount of competition. I feel that achieving greatness in it is very tough for newer players. For the vets that have been playing for a while it is quite simple since they already have those connection webs. In the end of the day the league is very small and the monopoly of the league makes it very tough for new blood to enter and survive. If you feel that the best are currently in it and cannot be challenged by new talent than the argument is mute. But if your willing to accept that 40 players are left in this league and talents are being recycled. Well, than you leave the room to question the people who maybe in those teams.

Overall those players are currently the best. The best at trying…If the league ever becomes bigger and they still come on top well good job to them…They showed the rest of the world.

Me personally, I don’t care who wins and who looses. I don’t play the game to gossip who the next top dog is…Or when Johnny the “best warrior in the world” is going to eat for breakfast. I play this game for my personal goals and fun.

I just want GW2 too either accept defeat on ESL or make changes that will make the average player want to also go out of their way to compete in a league even though they may not be up to par on their skill….Everybody should place in their own division and strive for more success…NOT get to the end and stop playing because of que times.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The reason why most players don’t aim at organized 5 man team play is because of the dedication and effort required. Organizing/Practicing/Maintaining a 5 man team in GW2 is actually quite demanding on time and patience. It isn’t good enough to just be a great player while playing with a team, there is much more that goes in to serious team play than this. Most players who try practicing with a team aiming at competitive levels end up finding out that they don’t like the social stigma that it brings in to their gaming time.

If we want more players to begin participating competitively, we need to find ways to eliminate the seeds of social stigma. What is it that makes people so uptight in GW2? Is most of it general human response? Maybe some of the programming isn’t helping encourage positive human response?

The best thing we can do as the community, is start demonstrating better sportsmanship towards each other. That’s a great place to start.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

So called “experts” are wrong all the time. Markets are almost aways right. You will almost never get worse information by allowing more people and trying to arrive at some kind of consensus.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Complains about endlessly spamming defensive CDs….plays revenant the entire video.

10/10

in PvP

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Of course they won’t actually talk about any details regarding a balance patch until such time when it’s too late in the development cycle to implement any changes based on feedback.

Not that they use feedback anyway. Just nerf thief and mesmer some more, and beef up revenant, druid, and conditions, and call it good.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Complains about endlessly spamming defensive CDs….plays revenant the entire video.

10/10

lets be real you wouldve put him down for any class he played besides ele and necro huh.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Biklen.5490

10/10

lets be real you wouldve put him down for any class he played besides ele and necro huh.

thanx

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Thanks for trying but this game needs a lot of clean-up work after the big mess HoT made to this game and I don’t think it will happen any time soon unless they wipe HoT entirely and do a restoration and bring us back to pre-HoT. GW2 had it’s chance, there was tons of feedback from the community same topics that are being discussed today 3-4 years ago. The pvp development for this game it is simply way too slow. A ranking system and matchmaking should have been a core part of the game since release.

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

as always i suggest people don’t listen to bik on anything that you think would require a decent amount of game knowledge or skill to comment on. I know it’s irrelevant to some of the thing’s he’s saying but bik is a very unskilled player, just take that into consideration

gj on the content though.

Darek.1836