Fun warrior facts

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

So, currently most of the community agrees that the warrior is on .. well the stronger side of the spectrum.
So at the ending days of season 6 I’m gonna post a few interesting notes about warriors.

Every 20 seconds, the warrior has access to 8.66 seconds of reflects.

Every tick, they regenerate 780 hp from Adrenal Health + Healing Signet. This translates into a triggered Purification (DH heal trap) every 9.08 seconds.

Say you hit 4 Primal Burst skills every Berserk Mode and you swap weapons twice and once outside of Berserk Mode. You cleanse 1 condition every second, every 15 seconds. Without taking Warriors Sprint into account.
To put this into perspective; This is the same amount of condition removal as Diamond Skin has. Without the >75%hp drawback.

Optimise [OP]

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Philkafou.7481

Philkafou.7481

Better nerf guardian again man

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Without the >75%hp drawback.

-with bigger healthpool
-better armor
-much more damage

But you still can kill them so i guess it’s considered balanced…

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

The problem with warrior is that they’re all stances. All they can really do is rely on their weapon skills for damage or utility, the rest of their bar, save headbutt, is dedicated towards staying alive.

The biggest counter I see to a warrior is to not get hit. If they can’t hit you with their burst skills, then they flounder really quickly under pressure.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Warriors counter is kiting. Their mobility is weak considering it’s a melee class.

If anet wants to nerf their survivability they will need to buff their dexterity, otherwise the class will become non-viable in higher play.

It’s kind of a “gitgud” issue to be honest. Players who understand what the cooldowns are on the few mobility skills warrior has can plan around them and easily kite. The only classes that really can’t permakite a warrior are guardian,engie, and necro.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Warriors counter is kiting. Their mobility is weak considering it’s a melee class.

If anet wants to nerf their survivability they will need to buff their dexterity, otherwise the class will become non-viable in higher play.

It’s kind of a “gitgud” issue to be honest. Players who understand what the cooldowns are on the few mobility skills warrior has can plan around them and easily kite. The only classes that really can’t permakite a warrior are guardian,engie, and necro.

Good luck kiting in a capture point game mode.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I don’t understand this statement. You do realize that you can just break los and use obstacles to ruin their f1 burst and then once berserk mode is gone you can start your dps rotation on them, right?

You don’t have to stand on a point and tank hits like an npc. It better to give up the decap for a few seconds and then win the fight then to get killed, lose the cap and leave your team to a 4v5. Same principle applies if you’re in a 2v1. If you’re in a 2v1, don’t be a fool and sit on the point to get spanked. Even if they cap the point, that’s 2 guys playing goose chase with you leaving your team to a 3v4 on the rest of the map which is in your favor.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i kill warrior 1v1 just fine, he might decap me all the time but he dies and i cap back.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i kill warrior 1v1 just fine, he might decap me all the time but he dies and i cap back.

ye guardians may not be able to permakite them but except of about 5 warriors I’ve encountered it was either a fight on equal footing or even in my favor

and once you know you face such a warrior you can always switch with a teammate to let him have a nice match up..

still out of all classes I think war needs to be nerfd… but not nearly as much as some people think might be best

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I dunno. I was frustrated fighting against Warriors so I just figured I’ll see how it is as a Warrior and it’s not all roses. If someone evades or blocks my initial burst I’m in a bad spot. Mobility is an issue with someone who decides to not try and tank with me. There are many ways to frustrate a Warrior.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Also – as powerful as Warrior healing is – it’s all over time. Any second they’re at full health, or under the effect of poison is Healing Per Second lost – Two bursts of high DPS will take them down while completely mitigating that sustain. A guardian, meanwhile, can negate bursts with more frequent blocks and escaping pain zones with sudden movement(wings/SoB/JI), and recover from a full burst near-instantly with their heals.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Also – as powerful as Warrior healing is – it’s all over time. Any second they’re at full health, or under the effect of poison is Healing Per Second lost – Two bursts of high DPS will take them down while completely mitigating that sustain. A guardian, meanwhile, can negate bursts with more frequent blocks and escaping pain zones with sudden movement(wings/SoB/JI), and recover from a full burst near-instantly with their heals.

Well you still got double endure pain to deal with that to a certain extent.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I don’t understand this statement. You do realize that you can just break los and use obstacles to ruin their f1 burst and then once berserk mode is gone you can start your dps rotation on them, right?

You don’t have to stand on a point and tank hits like an npc. It better to give up the decap for a few seconds and then win the fight then to get killed, lose the cap and leave your team to a 4v5. Same principle applies if you’re in a 2v1. If you’re in a 2v1, don’t be a fool and sit on the point to get spanked. Even if they cap the point, that’s 2 guys playing goose chase with you leaving your team to a 3v4 on the rest of the map which is in your favor.

I wish to add that (as we all know) it is not a general rule. There are many factors that have to be taken under account such as: your class + your mastery over it, enemy warrior’s skill, both team’s rotations etc… But let’s focus on a strict 1v1. From what I’ve seen, leaving a point to not die and let the warrior have it so that we can kite, is not a very wise thing to do in my opinion. Let’s take a decent warrior with a low ping and about 30 FPS, something common I say. If you play something bunkery/healish it is worth to fight for the point if it is on your team to defend it. However, if it is contested, you may try and do not lot the warrior to cap it if you are sure that someone is coming to help, but if not, then leave it and help someone else.
If you are a squish, leaving a point for kiting is, as I said before, not a clever move.
From my own experience (based not only on my own encounters) such 1v1 ends up in death from warrior’s hands or being repelled by him or by his team’s arrival. In such case if they cap a point, they do not need to kite even if they are fighting someone in ranged combat. If a ranged combatant tries to go for kiting and attacking off point then a warrior who has more than a potato in his head, will go for such an enemy to hit him a couple of times until he can get 3 bursts for adrenal health. If we still keep it 1v1 then a warrior may also hide behind an obstacle (if there is any) and wait. If warrior’s enemy goes for the point, he goes back to the node as well to go on fighting. This is a common thing I saw from at least decent warriors and myself, for I do that too (all that in 1v1, if there are some more players in a fight, then it is an another piece of theorycrafting)
Unless you are a very skilled thief who can drop some mad dps to pop-force cooldowns and hide until they run out just to go into hit-n-withdraw kind of fight (I am not a fan of it, it is cheesy but this is how rogues and thieves mechanics are made to work)

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Anti SJW.8207

Anti SJW.8207

With so much mobility and stuns etc. which makes “kiting” impossible. The warrior will still attack you and land hits while you are trying to run in circles. The whole “lol just kite gitgud” excuse is getting really old…

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Why people always suppose that the warrior have to perform a full cap and die instead of start chasing the defender after a decap?

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

This is why people lose…. They think fighting on point is more important then winning the fight…. I know my perspective as a mesmer since pre HOT is skewed… but if you contest the point only to die…. dont you think giving them the point for a tiny bit so you can win the fight is a much better choice?

If you weren’t around PRE HOT shatter mesmers were a class that entirely revolved around forcing people to play to their tune. Aka…. they would kite and give up the point because the risk of allowing them to free cast while you got the cap wasn’t worth it.

There are still plenty of classes that benefit from this necros included. The amount of times I hear the phrase “FIGHT ON POINT” like it was copy and pasted right out of the bronze handbook when the situation calls for you to kite makes me want to start smashing my against the nearest wall.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

With so much mobility and stuns etc. which makes “kiting” impossible. The warrior will still attack you and land hits while you are trying to run in circles. The whole “lol just kite gitgud” excuse is getting really old…

I dont think you understand how kiting works… their mobility is bottom tier for a melee class. This is why necros at the highest tier tear warriors apart but at lower tiers get wrecked by them. the average player has zero understanding of what kiting is. Its not just run away…. its a mixture of using your terrain, movement, dodges and class based skills to create a situation where they have issues pressuring you. If you just run in a straight line then yeah… they will likely catch up…. The only time a warrior can catch any other meta build is in WVW where there are a lot more flat open areas. There is not a single area in any PVP map (besides the bases on foe fire maybe) where you will not be able to disengage from them if you have a fundamental understanding of your class and the current maps terrain advantages.

Fun warrior facts

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Given the objective of the game this doesn’t mean much.

But when comparing to guard at least War has to respect the vertical axis and walls.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”