GG rangers

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

So the inevitable Taunt nerf has come, and rather quickly.
They even add internal CD on traits I never really bother to pick anyway lol…
Oh LotF would never be picked by any none SB spec ever, and SB is still a crap weapon.
(10% increased duration for 4 secs on dodge lol , while other classes get 30%~100% constant condition duraiton)

So Mesmer is ok to have blind that ignores evasive/invulnerable target while taunt shouldn’t lol. The double standard is real.

Yet, no fix to any of the Mesmer or Ele OP traits lol… (PU and blind shatter say hi)
No fix to our off-hand, traps, and spirits problem. No fix for the pet’s missing attribute.
All it has is nerf after nerf on an already under-powered class.
GG Anet for slapping in ranger’s face once again. Guess ranger is really Anet’s least favorite profession of all time.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Oh LotF would never be picked by any none SB spec ever, and SB is still a crap weapon.
(10% increased duration for 4 secs on dodge lol , while other classes get 30%~100% constant condition duraiton)

Necro has +150% on Scepter and it’s still unplayable ;-(

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

So Mesmer is ok to have blind that ignores evasive/invulnerable target while taunt shouldn’t lol. The double standard is real.

Yet, no fix to any of the Mesmer or Ele OP traits lol… (PU and blind shatter say hi)
No fix to our off-hand, traps, and spirits problem. No fix for the pet’s missing attribute.
GG Anet for slapping in ranger’s face once again. Guess ranger is really Anet’s least favorite profession of all time.

Ranger Trapper > PU Mesmer

Ranger 2 stronk.
Nerf required.
Nerf justified.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

-150 base stats from pets missing was not fixed
-HS still does not heal the pet
-Natural healing is still broken, it heals your pet every 3s and not 1s and it does not heal the ranger every 3s

And I am sure there are many more

Much patch, such wow

(edited by Chokolata.1870)

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

There is only 1 curses GM trait for PvP anyway sooo..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Kabikaz.8637

Kabikaz.8637

Yo, I know you want to get mesmer nerfed, but at least you guys got bug fixes this week!

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

My mistake: it’s +100% duration, +150 was condi damage. Anyway Weakening Shroud is more potent…

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

If you’re buffing Rangers, give them something that takes skill to land such as Skull Crack right now. A class should NEVER been looked down upon as a skill-less in all the times it’s been brought up.

Everyone said Rangers were braindead when Trap Ranger was the meta. It’s because it was just so true.
Everyone said Rangers were braindead and taught bad habits when Spirit Ranger was the meta. It’s because it was just so true.

I heard Ranger in GW1 had spike that took REAL skill to land, so why can’t they bring that into the game as well? Like I don’t know make it so Ranger can actually cast the pet skills by themselves such as the knockdown from the dog (Lone druid style from dota) but cut their evades and give them telegraphed damage?

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

I’m kind of dissapointed that the bugs that are not advantageous to the ranger haven’t been fixed yet. That said, it seems the BW taunt still goes through blocks, so they didn’t completely shaft it.

GG rangers

in PvP

Aomine.5012

If you’re buffing Rangers, give them something that takes skill to land such as Skull Crack right now. A class should NEVER been looked down upon as a skill-less in all the times it’s been brought up.

Everyone said Rangers were braindead when Trap Ranger was the meta. It’s because it was just so true.
Everyone said Rangers were braindead and taught bad habits when Spirit Ranger was the meta. It’s because it was just so true.

I heard Ranger in GW1 had spike that took REAL skill to land, so why can’t they bring that into the game as well? Like I don’t know make it so Ranger can actually cast the pet skills by themselves such as the knockdown from the dog (Lone druid style from dota) but cut their evades and give them telegraphed damage?

Where in the heaven did you see trap ranger is ever in the META?
Are we playing the same game? They’ve been trashes for 3 years aside from WvW roaming.

Also they DID NOT BUFF US. They nerf spirits and traps, 2 of the already unviable utilities! They even kill condition ranger which relies on off-hand radius trait, by removing it entirely. Ironically condition Ranger is never in the Meta post April 2014 patch because they’re sub-par in almost anything aside from 1 v 1.

Rangers have been in trash tier since 2014, and now they’re still trash tier zzz…

(edited by Aomine.5012)

GG rangers

in PvP

Tao.1234

Are we playing the same game? They’ve been trashes for 3 years aside from WvW roaming.

Also they DID NOT BUFF US. They nerf spirits and traps, 2 of the already unviable utilities! They even kill condition ranger which relies on off-hand radius trait, by removing it entirely. Ironically condition Ranger is never in the Meta post April 2014 patch because they’re sub-par in almost anything aside from 1 v 1.

Rangers have been in trash tier since 2014, and now they’re still trash tier zzz…

Grab traps + torch and you’ll see how people melt down.

Even in PvP.

And it’s aoe, not single target.

Murican law 2015.

GG rangers

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Even in PvP.

LMFAO, torch has the smallest radius on earth for those burning field. (180) and hit 3 targets only. Warrior’s Combustive shot has CD 7~8.kitten 5 targets, 360 radius, 9 secs duration, cleanse 3 condition when traited. D/D does it much better burn field that pulse burning much faster and land much more easily, evade, can trigger multiple times.

Traps? Extremely long CD, can only put under foot, 240 radius, waste a precious utility slot as compare to ELE/Warrior bound to weapon skills, can easily walk out.

Nice comparison dude, because condition ranger is very weak in PVP right now. I used to have problem fighting them as a power spec 1 on 1, now I can easily beat them. They basically lose everything, losing toss + instant trap, lose radius of off-hand.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

-150 base stats from pets missing was not fixed
-HS still does not heal the pet
-Natural healing is still broken, it heals your pet every 3s and not 1s and it does not heal the ranger every 3s

kitten that sounds OP.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Trap rangers are legit. In fact the best dueling class in PvP has been rangers for a long time.

Rangers have always been a strong class in this game.

GG rangers

in PvP

Mia Crazymike.1780

Rangers have always been a strong class in this game.

Being strong alone is not the same as being strong with a team.

An actual tPvp team can most likely defeat a team of 5 duelists.

… Actually, is that even correct?

I mean, any gw2 profession build is more viable in one area than another (pve, wvwvw, or spvp), but still completely acceptable.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Trap rangers are far from legit, they weren’t even legit when you could throw them. AOE condi cleanse exists, and good teams use cleansing properly. One condi burst, then traps are on a 20+ second cooldown , that makes you a target for how long just spamming axe/d sword/t or shortbow skills since you wouldn’t run longbow as you’re specced for condition damage. Also, keep in mind you can bring one stun break with traps at maximum so good teams also know this and will just stunlock you down and kill you first after they’ve dodges through your or traps OR cleansed the condis from traps via ele / necro / enemy ranger (condi signet active > pet swap) , etc etc etc the list goes on in terms of active cleansing … This is why condi builds are simply not that good in general right now in top tier at all… But people think trap ranger is legit, dude…. the node bunker regen 1v1 condi build isn’t even legit because you fight for 2+ minutes and get +1’d easily by a thief and you most likely will not beat a good cele ele with it which is who will assault that point anyway.

Please , against hotjoin heroes yes traps can work but against good players and competent teams, traps are very easily countered.

Also , range counters traps , so the idea that ‘traps beat pu’ is out of the question as you can just range them with mesmer greatsword (GS range = 1,200 autos) so you can just out-range your opponent, which any good mesmer will do.

Taunt needed to be fixed, but the thing is , nothing that negatively effects the ranger has been fixed even things way before pre-patch and no matter how many forum posts it takes, they still don’t which brings me to the conclusion that they just don’t have the resources to fix them at all.

We’ll be waiting MONTHS for fixes on these things that negatively effect us yet there have been 2 top priority hotfixes to patch things that help us and then this patch took care of the rest of them which is fine , but there are also negative bugs (10+ , and they are major) that hurt us so much in the same way and it’s ridiculous.. We will even be waiting until way after HoT comes out which will stall even more of those fixes coming into the picture because it will bring more fixes needed for the elite classes and balancing , etc.

This is the frustration that most of the rangers have to deal with, and it’s similar with other classes as well but no where NEAR the amount that ranger has to see / deal with.

Either way, people will STILL cry about taunt, whether it’s evade-able / blockable / immune or not… It will still get cried about because ranger is using it and it will be nerfed even more because of it.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

(edited by blitzkrieg.2451)

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

My mistake: it’s +100% duration, +150 was condi damage. Anyway Weakening Shroud is more potent…

Part of the problem is also that the 100% duration for Scepter in that trait doesn’t apply to Scepter 2. So it’s just autos.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

GG rangers

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

Seriously, the pet did not get its missing 150 stats that it was supposed to get baseline. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE IN ALL THREE GAME MODES!!!!

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Even in PvP.

That’s the exact problem. Ranger has always been great 1v1, and i’m sure you’ll see some people “melt down,” but this isn’t a 1v1 game. Yes, they’re good for hotjoins with much rekt to be had. Anywhere else, though, ranger fails in comparison to other builds who offer so much more potential for team fights.
That is the point of these threads on why ranger is subpar.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

pfff ranger is dead they’re never gonna fix it
Too much problems, too much investment required to solve all

they went over many skills without fixing them and adding more bugs
-healing spring still doesnt heal the pet
-healing spring can be stacked up to 4 times but they all activate when just 1 is triggered
-storm spirit is still not fixed with regard to “Moment of Purity” which should increase the daze duration
-all spirit active effect are still extremely slow to activate, giving them more time to die or the potential target to escape and they also dont trigger anymore upon dying.
-spirit of nature is an “elite” but it has the smallest radius of passive ever > 240 making its passive completely useless since he cant move anymore.
-no spirit scale with the ranger stat (crit chance/damage, power, healing, etc…) except sun spirit which also has a faster active skill animation kitten?
-taunt radius bug wasnt fixed: birds bear and spiders have a tiny 120 radius taunt on F2 making them all unusable if you want the taunt.

balance wise:
-Entangle is completely useless, blink, teleport, stealth, generic condi removal, rune that reduce condi duration ALL negate it.
-Spirit of Water is the most useless heal any class ever had it procs 800 heal every 10 second and the cooldown is shared for all party members.
-all spirits cast time is way to long it should be 1/2 second
-greatsword: autoattack deals such low dmg it’s laughable, counterattack is so slow everyone dodges it, hilt bash should be like maul, usable while moving
-sword: roots you in place when autoattacking very bad makes me want to never autoattack or use a macro to pres escape to stop the cycle.
-having to chose between empathic bond or wilderness knowledge is the worst balancing choice in a while, I need both kitten, or maybe I don’t want this tree. I don’t want to have to use the brown bear since it doesnt work with taunt and deals no damage and is overall useless.
-splitblade is useless for power builds but at the same time the axe trait gives you ferocity IF you wield an axe in your main hand WTF??? Increase this skill’s damage by 400% at least
-spirits trait that pulse boons is terrible, why would I want a boon that pulse 1 sec every 3 sec? Make it 1sec every 1sec it’s already bad enough, I want perma stability if I use nature spirit traited for my whole team with a decent radius otherweise this trait makes no sense at all! otherweise make spirit pulse 1/4s stuns to interrupt and reduce their radius to 600.
-why did they remove offhand training… torch is so bad now and so is condi ranger in general because of that and the trap nerf, make it baseline just like other classes.
-reduce spike trap cooldown or increase the knockdown duration, thieves have a trap under 30s cooldown that is simply better. make spike trap pulse knockdown i dont know give us something.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

What’s killing me is the complete and utter silence coming from the devs. It would just be nice to get confirmation from then that these traits are/aren’t working as intended. If immediately after finding out that Taunt was going through invulns, the devs could’ve said “Hold up, that’s not how it should work, we’re working on a fix” and I feel it would’ve lessened the crying and builds built around it.

Or they could even say something like “Oops yeah, pets ARE supposed to get those +150, don’t worry about it, we’ll get to it eventually”

Now at this point I don’t know if the devs have forgotten, if they’ve changed their minds, or what! Are we EVER going to see those stats added to pets? Is Natural Healing SUPPOSED to be working as it is now? Or is it just a bug? Because if it’s working as intended, then TELL us. If it’s not and there’s a fix but won’t be out for a while, then TELL us.

At this point I’m just operating under the assumption that everything is working “as intended” for now, and any changes are going to be a pleasant (or unpleasant) surprise.

This isn’t even just a ranger problem. I bet a ton of other classes are dealing with the same thing. I know devs are super busy with a million bugs, but would it take that long to communicate with players? Evidently Grouch has enough time to look at and respond to the bug list supplied by Backpack and others, I wish they’d do that on an official channel and open it up to the wider community instead of just a select few.

GG rangers

in PvP

Tao.1234

Profession balance forum has been removed for a reason.

Murican law 2015.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Oh we had one before? I probably wasn’t around for it then…did…players ruin it or something?

GG rangers

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Oh we had one before? I probably wasn’t around for it then…did…players ruin it or something?

You’ll soon see it the PvP forums will eventually transform into the new one and they can’t remove PvP forums.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

GG rangers

in PvP

RevanCorana.8942

Oh forgot 1 > longbow skills all go on full cooldown when stowed, even before you shoot anything. Meaning if your target goes behind you before you shoot point blank shot, it will stow and go on full cooldown.
Also Entangle could be fixed easily by increasing the duration of the imoblize per pulse or even just the first pulse or make the vine follow the target when teleporting and also making it able to target stealthed characters.
Lastly another fix for greatsword autoattack could be to make slash and slice 1/4 cast time so that we can evade more effectively while using it

I think it’s a lost cause anyway, it seems Anet are ok with ranger not being ever used for competitive games.

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

GG rangers

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Even in PvP.

That’s the exact problem. Ranger has always been great 1v1, and i’m sure you’ll see some people “melt down,” but this isn’t a 1v1 game. Yes, they’re good for hotjoins with much rekt to be had. Anywhere else, though, ranger fails in comparison to other builds who offer so much more potential for team fights.
That is the point of these threads on why ranger is subpar.

Great in 1 v 1 but still far from best. You would never be able to kill a D/D or D/F 1 on 1 if they play right, you would not beat a Mes that trait for simple reflection spam abuse. You would lose to many condition specs. So an already so-so 1 on 1 class that’s pretty bad in any team fight, and pretty much suck in all game-modes except WvW roaming, deserved to be nerf and ignored patches after patches…

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

You’ll soon see it the PvP forums will eventually transform into the new one and they can’t remove PvP forums.

Well the wvw matchup thread section got removed and anything that hints at talking about a matchup on the general wvw section is instantly purged. So dont feel too safe :P

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Aye, the biggest thread there was the ranger one, so of course it got removed. When none of the balance devs seems to like this class to begin with, what can you expect?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

they can’t remove PvP forums.

snicker

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Merill al Ghuraab.1209

Merill al Ghuraab.1209

[wrong thread, sorry]

(edited by Merill al Ghuraab.1209)

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

What’s killing me is the complete and utter silence coming from the devs. It would just be nice to get confirmation from then that these traits are/aren’t working as intended. If immediately after finding out that Taunt was going through invulns, the devs could’ve said “Hold up, that’s not how it should work, we’re working on a fix” and I feel it would’ve lessened the crying and builds built around it.

Or they could even say something like “Oops yeah, pets ARE supposed to get those +150, don’t worry about it, we’ll get to it eventually”

Now at this point I don’t know if the devs have forgotten, if they’ve changed their minds, or what! Are we EVER going to see those stats added to pets? Is Natural Healing SUPPOSED to be working as it is now? Or is it just a bug? Because if it’s working as intended, then TELL us. If it’s not and there’s a fix but won’t be out for a while, then TELL us.

At this point I’m just operating under the assumption that everything is working “as intended” for now, and any changes are going to be a pleasant (or unpleasant) surprise.

This isn’t even just a ranger problem. I bet a ton of other classes are dealing with the same thing. I know devs are super busy with a million bugs, but would it take that long to communicate with players? Evidently Grouch has enough time to look at and respond to the bug list supplied by Backpack and others, I wish they’d do that on an official channel and open it up to the wider community instead of just a select few.

This patch has been…enraging.

Unnecessary nerfs.

No bug fixes.

New bugs introduced.

Complete silence from the devs…

Seriously pull your effing finger out.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Maybe anet wants every ranger to be a power ranger and to jam the long bow down our throat haha. -

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Condition ranger does feel pretty strong right now, and I do enjoy it and think it is in its best state ever. However, I highly recommend Rangers to build a Mesmer and run the standard shatter or double ranged shatter. You can use similar tactics and it makes a great second class for when you get frustrated with Ranger. It also is a bit easier when it comes to skill usage. Skills have longer cooldowns and greater effect. It’s a nice change of pace.

It has some nice tools, to help team when it really matters, where you may find ranger lacking a little. Ranger can—hands down—hunt anything to death but may fail a little when it comes to team support. I am not positive Taunt will not change this. It seems…. REALLY strong when used at the right time. Like wipe 2-3 opponents at once strong. Time will tell. Don’t give up on Rnger, but do try Mesmer, when you get a chance.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I also recommend every ranger just reroll to mesmer permanently. After 2 years of being trash tier what makes anyone think anet will ever improve this class?

GG rangers

in PvP

Aomine.5012

I figured out they even go all the way to destroy Healing Spring after this patch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/What-is-wrong-with-healing-spring/first#post5259290

Guess Anet want to pigeon hole Ranger into LB + GS, survival build, and make everything else worthless, so they no longer need to balance around other things anymore. Oh, even by doing that, Ele and Mes still pwn you 24/7.

Nice move Anet! Nice move!
Never see a company has such a toxic passion of destroying classes. All the lies and empty promises for 3 years for this.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

GG rangers

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

This has nothing to do with balance. WE can’t even get proper bug fixes. Half the traits are not working properly. Abilities are not working properly. Pets don’t have the 150 stats that were supposed to be given to them as baseline.

At this point i really do not care about balance but the lack of bug fixing.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Well both trap and spirit ranger you mentioned are both destroyed in this patch more than ever, hope you are happy mister! Also keep in mind ranger is one of the most telegraphed classes in the game. They don’t have instant skills like eles, thiefs, mesmers and necros do. (taunt isn’t an instant skill, it’s a trait)

They pretty much nerfed these utilities to the point where no one would ever want to use them ever. It basically makes a waste of space in our utility list, and that is a really sad thing to see.

I actually would love it if they increased the skill floor and skill cap, I know I’m good enough no matter what anet would throw at me. But at least don’t create poop out of the utilities that once were working well. Make them useful at something at least, because they just aren’t.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

GG rangers

in PvP

Tao.1234

I figured out they even go all the way to destroy Healing Spring after this patch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/What-is-wrong-with-healing-spring/first#post5259290

Guess Anet want to pigeon hole Ranger into LB + GS, survival build, and make everything else worthless, so they no longer need to balance around other things anymore. Oh, even by doing that, Ele and Mes still pwn you 24/7.

Nice move Anet! Nice move!
Never see a company has such a toxic passion of destroying classes. All the lies and empty promises for 3 years for this.

This is the outcome created by lack of proper communication with playerbase.
As if it’s hard to invite developers responsible for certain classes to speak with community and list balance propositions in Pros and Cons list.

Also, like I have mentioned before – as if it’s also hard to allow players freely test upcoming changes themselves and create feedback – it doesn’t have to be PTS.
Could use feature similar to HoT or create an instance on the server with pvp map and monitor at certain time how traits and overall changes behave.

This would allow to narrow bug possibilities and waste of time for fixing after release.

I’m sure that there would be plenty of players who are experienced enough to test classes efficiently in the middle of balance development.

Murican law 2015.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Condition ranger does feel pretty strong right now, and I do enjoy it and think it is in its best state ever.

Umm wat?

Condi ranger lost Eb/barkskin/poison master, Offhand training, and received no damage buffs. Leaving it at the absolute bottom of the meta.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

GG rangers

in PvP

Archon.6480

Condition ranger does feel pretty strong right now, and I do enjoy it and think it is in its best state ever.

Umm wat?

Condi ranger lost Eb/barkskin/poison master, Offhand training, and received no damage buffs. Leaving it at the absolute bottom of the meta.

Yes, I agree, we lost all those things, but conditions stack now, which translate into a huge damage buff—if we go heavy into conditions (runes and Carrion or Rabid). Anyhow, I think Mesmer is a nice change of pace. This is not a back handed jab at Mesmers, I am simply saying the play style fits to what Rangers are doing and the popular builds people are using include many of the things we feel we are missing. It is enjoyable to switch from time to time.

Edit: you forgot healing spring is wonky now. I get knocked out of it frequently, killed before even getting heal in. The extra .5s activation time is a huge nerf to a skill that needs to be near instant. Thanks to all the people advocating this be a trap in ranger forum. Like the title says: GG Rangers.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

(edited by Archon.6480)

GG rangers

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

You need to understand that balance is how classes or builds match up against each other.

Sure, conditions deal more damage, but this is true for other classes as well. Survival condition rangers edge was that it was very resistant to other conditions. Emphatic bond, SotF and evasive purity coupled with dodging was something that made the build. It was very hard to take down with a condition build and it had solid defense against power builds which made it a solid side point holder or assaulter.

Its drawback was its single target damage and lack of a proper burst. The closest definition of the build in MOBA terms would be a condition bruiser.

Also, we are THE ONLY CLASS that did not get the half of the class mechanic bonus by default with this patch be it a bug or intentional. So even by that we were left behind. I love Ranger, i have 3k+ hours on it but it is simply in a very very bad state now.

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Is it confirmed that the pet base 150 stats are missing or could it be tool-tip error only?
I used to run BM before the ptach and after and the damage on pets seems to be the same +-

GG rangers

in PvP

Archon.6480

You need to understand that balance is how classes or builds match up against each other.

Sure, conditions deal more damage, but this is true for other classes as well. Survival condition rangers edge was that it was very resistant to other conditions. Emphatic bond, SotF and evasive purity coupled with dodging was something that made the build. It was very hard to take down with a condition build and it had solid defense against power builds which made it a solid side point holder or assaulter.

Its drawback was its single target damage and lack of a proper burst. The closest definition of the build in MOBA terms would be a condition bruiser.

Also, we are THE ONLY CLASS that did not get the half of the class mechanic bonus by default with this patch be it a bug or intentional. So even by that we were left behind. I love Ranger, i have 3k+ hours on it but it is simply in a very very bad state now.

I haven’t had time to try all variations of survival condition builds, but my experience has been similar with the ones I did try. It did not go very well. I think we have been shifted into condition spike category now. They fixed rune of trooper bug, so maybe condition shouts will work now, I’ll have to try that again.

Our prior goto for survival has been heavily nerfed for sure, other classes use blocks, ports, stun breakers, and invisibility to escape situations when they are focus targeted by enemy team. We relied mostly on evade to survive in this situation. Evade has been nerfed across the board, while the other survival mechanics have been increased. We have lightning reflexes and… That’s about it. Healing spring takes too long now. If you can’t escape you die fast when focused. GG.

Here’s a joke: A warrior, necromancer, mesmer, elementalist, and ranger walk into a room. Which one do you kill first?

Jade Quarry – Esparie

GG rangers

in PvP

Archon.6480

Is it confirmed that the pet base 150 stats are missing or could it be tool-tip error only?
I used to run BM before the ptach and after and the damage on pets seems to be the same +-

That’s a good question. I am not sure, but have experienced the same. They seem to hit very hard in current state.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Edit: you forgot healing spring is wonky now. I get knocked out of it frequently, killed before even getting heal in. The extra .5s activation time is a huge nerf to a skill that needs to be near instant.

Welcome to the world of a Necro. Enjoy your time spent flopping about on the floor while a mail pigeon is returning from the skill server stating that you may now activate your skill.

GG rangers

in PvP

RevanCorana.8942

I haven’t had time to try all variations of survival condition builds, but my experience has been similar with the ones I did try. It did not go very well. I think we have been shifted into condition spike category now. They fixed rune of trooper bug, so maybe condition shouts will work now, I’ll have to try that again.

Our prior goto for survival has been heavily nerfed for sure, other classes use blocks, ports, stun breakers, and invisibility to escape situations when they are focus targeted by enemy team. We relied mostly on evade to survive in this situation. Evade has been nerfed across the board, while the other survival mechanics have been increased. We have lightning reflexes and… That’s about it. Healing spring takes too long now. If you can’t escape you die fast when focused. GG.

Here’s a joke: A warrior, necromancer, mesmer, elementalist, and ranger walk into a room. Which one do you kill first?

Condi shouts? Pets have no condi damage lol. Shouts seem to have been fixed but their range is only 360 unlike any other class where it’s 600
And so the condi removal of the rune doesn’t work that well for your team.
The best condi skills we have right now is sun spirit and fire trap.
But bonfire radius is so small and basically useless none will walk into it you cant def a nod with it etc…

Dodge with greatsword autoattack is nice, y know you can hit in the air and hit again to dodge twice in a row. But sword sucks, through the years people have learn when in the animation the evade stops so in teamfight someone like a thief can notice you doing SS and wait for you to be rooted at the end of the animation, it’s really not great it slightly increase your survivability in an aoe field and can help dodge some knockdown thats nothing like invulnerability or blink.

GG rangers

in PvP

Sagat.3285

Umm wat?

Condition ranger>condition thief.

The Dhuumfire thread

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

That’s a good question. I am not sure, but have experienced the same. They seem to hit very hard in current state.

Pets got an additional 10% dmg bonus while the ranger is above 90% health and some builds have less armor than before the patch due to missing defensive stats from traits. So it is not surprising that pets hit for the same or even slightly more than pre-patch even with lower stats.
But their dmg is not the problem. They die way faster than before the patch, mostly because of the overall higher dmg output from everyone. Barkskin and the thoughness from GftE doesn’t help much, especially against condis. Relative to players they are weaker now (statwise, I’m not talking about usefulness/utility here).

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

GG rangers

in PvP

Mia Crazymike.1780

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Test Realm for upcoming patches. And why do bug fixes take so long.

Even battlefield 4 has the CTE (Community Test Environment)

GG rangers

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

They should delete ranger and make it new from scratch, there is more wrong with it than right at the moment.