GL Reporting people in SPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kuroko.6239

Kuroko.6239

It does not say in the ToS “You may not walk away from your keyboard at anytime during a Unranked SPvP match”… Yet people seem to want to report you for ‘botting’ if you walk away to get a water or use the bathroom.

It’s not even ranked, get over it.
Proof?
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-content-terms-of-use/

It does not say anything about afking in SPvP on a single one of these pages.

Real Life comes before Guild Wars 2.

(edited by Kuroko.6239)

in PvP

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

They have capping in the new dailies.

Many just cap then go make a sandwich till the round ends. The players are not at fault in this regard.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Although it has been said by the devs that AFKing to manipulate a match IS against the ToS and a reportable offense.

So when people are reporting for botting, thats really the only report option that comes close. And have been encouraged by Anet to use it when appropriate.

But if they feel that you are intentially going AFK in order to make the match 4v5 so the other team has a clear advantage they can certainly report you for that. However, all reports are reviewed by GM before any action is taken. So if they do report, the GM finds that you were only AFK for a few minutes, but not really long enough to have a huge impact on the outcome of the match, then they won’t do anything.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

L2R:

1. While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Kuroko.6239

Although it has been said by the devs that AFKing to manipulate a match IS against the ToS and a reportable offense.

So when people are reporting for botting, thats really the only report option that comes close. And have been encouraged by Anet to use it when appropriate.

But if they feel that you are intentially going AFK in order to make the match 4v5 so the other team has a clear advantage they can certainly report you for that. However, all reports are reviewed by GM before any action is taken. So if they do report, the GM finds that you were only AFK for a few minutes, but not really long enough to have a huge impact on the outcome of the match, then they won’t do anything.

If the ‘devs said that afking is in the ToS’ then they are lying.. Because those three pages are the official GW2 Terms of Service, and it does not say in there anything about afking in a SPvP match.

in PvP

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

They have capping in the new dailies.

Many just cap then go make a sandwich till the round ends. The players are not at fault in this regard.

Really? The players are not at fault for their own actions? Let me get this straight… you’re putting the blame on ArenaNet for having capping in the dailies, rather than the selfish jerks who go into PvP and stop playing when they have what they want?

Sorry, but no… everybody is responsible for their own actions, regardless of what temptations exist before them. This is the exact mindset people use to blame victims of sex crimes for wearing revealing clothes. What are all the poor, thoughtless, sex-crazed men to do when they see a fine girl in a skimpy outfit, other than act on their primal selfish instincts?

Obviously it’s fine to stop playing the game if something comes up in real life that takes precedence. GW2 is a video game, so real-world problems always come first. But your sandwich can wait until the end of the match.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in PvP

pdavis.8031

L2R:

1. While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

Kuroko:
As taken directly from the Rule of Conduct.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

L2R:

For some reason OP ignores the two non-ambiguous quotes from the very first link he offered as an argument.

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Kuroko.6239

We’re digging B O Y Z

in PvP

pdavis.8031

We’re digging B O Y Z

And what pray are we digging?

By pointing out the rules of conduct, and pointing out that intentially AFKing in order to disrupt, or “fix” a match is against the same rules?

Of course stepping away for a moment is one thing, doing it intentially is something else.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Lol.

You’ve entertained me this morning.

Not even gonna comment on the quote you edited.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Kuroko.6239

The amount of saltyness in the replies on here is incredible, or the fact that i’m not reading the insults

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Here is what matters. Has anyone actually been banned for afking in PvP?

in PvP

pdavis.8031

kuroko:

So what are your thoughts on what the rules of conduct clearly stating that match manipulation or disruption by not participating is not allowed?

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Iunno. Seems like a stretch to get outright banned for. The game gives you a stack of dishonor for doing it anyway.

At some point it does become disruption of gameplay, though. Where the line is drawn is beyond me, but if you catch a supsension or something for it GL appealing if they have several dozen people reporting you for doing it often.

And you are allowed to report it, which is the point of the thread here.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

pdavis.8031

I don’t know. And honestly its difficult to say whether or not someone has been banned or suspended.

While they may in your friends list, so you can see if the are/were online, one can’t tell if they’ve just not logged on for a few days, or been suspended. Or if they just stopped playing for a period of time, or were actually banned.

My guess is that action has been taken on accounts, more often in the form of a warning at first, which tends to cause players to stop doing such things.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I received a PM with concerns about my earlier post bringing the thread off-topic, so I would urge everybody not to start a discussion about the example I brought up, as it’s completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread. Thank you.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs