GOOD BYE

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

If you think that’s bad I’ve lost -73 rating in a single game with no decay

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

inb4 Can I have your gold?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Screenshots? When I have had decay is was in units of 100. So something seems odd.

I would expect a loss for a top player to be more significant than a mid gold player.

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Screenshots? When I have had decay is was in units of 100. So something seems odd.

I would expect a loss for a top player to be more significant than a mid gold player.

I had 102 pts of decay. Played one match and was still on -2pts of decay. So decay is taken off 100pts at a time but ive received decay in odd numbers.

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Facts:

Decay changes your “reward” MMR, but not your “matchmaking” MMR, which is the same. So while you would get lower “position” in the leaderboards, etkittenil you work off decay, it makes absolutely no difference to who you are matched with.

The size of the change in MMR is influenced by two things: one, decay recovery, and two, the “volatility” or “confidence” measure associated with you.

If you have a big loss of MMR like that it means that your volatility is high — how far the match result was from the predicted result also matters, but not nearly as much as you imply it would have.

High volatility means that your current MMR is probably wrong, because you keep surprising the predictor with wins or losses that it didn’t expect. Keep playing and it will hone in on the actual MMR eventually.

(Assuming that you do actually play consistently at the same skill level, which means that things like changing from a class you know well to one you don’t will reduce confidence, and so forth.)

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

inb4 Can I have your gold?

Haha, you beat me to it (I have to be faster next time >:)

NSPride <3

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I had 102 pts of decay. Played one match and was still on -2pts of decay. So decay is taken off 100pts at a time but ive received decay in odd numbers.

I believe it increments, over the course of the day, which is logical. Its 100 points per day, but the gaining of that is spread across the 24 hour period. It doesn’t tack on all at once for a given day, it just accumulates over the course of it. Hope that makes sense.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

Sorry to see you go! Completely understand because my family has been gone for 5 days; we had to travel out of state to help some other family members and didn’t touch GW2 for the entire time I was gone. Did I like the degradation/decay? No, it’s just a game and this is part of it. I enjoy GW2, so I look at things like this as just another opportunity to play and enjoy the game. Cheesy, yes, but worth the frustration? No.
Imho, people complain entirely too much over some very miniscule things (not directed at OP, just an axiomatic observation about people). This is most evident here in the forums, so many threads about what’s wrong with GW2 which is a work in progress and quite enjoyable in all its modes despite this.
Life is already too short, you should reconsider and just enjoy what you can, while you can. My mentor has a moto posted on his office door (this is part of it): “Don’t sweat the small stuff…it’s all small stuff.” Hope you change your mind!

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Facts:

Decay changes your “reward” MMR, but not your “matchmaking” MMR, which is the same. So while you would get lower “position” in the leaderboards, etkittenil you work off decay, it makes absolutely no difference to who you are matched with.

The size of the change in MMR is influenced by two things: one, decay recovery, and two, the “volatility” or “confidence” measure associated with you.

If you have a big loss of MMR like that it means that your volatility is high — how far the match result was from the predicted result also matters, but not nearly as much as you imply it would have.

High volatility means that your current MMR is probably wrong, because you keep surprising the predictor with wins or losses that it didn’t expect. Keep playing and it will hone in on the actual MMR eventually.
(Assuming that you do actually play consistently at the same skill level, which means that things like changing from a class you know well to one you don’t will reduce confidence, and so forth.)

Evan alredy said that decay its increasing the deviations, a fix will come but not this season.

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I believe it increments, over the course of the day, which is logical. Its 100 points per day, but the gaining of that is spread across the 24 hour period. It doesn’t tack on all at once for a given day, it just accumulates over the course of it. Hope that makes sense.

Thatsn kinda what I figured too. Since I remember not pvp’ing one evening and only doing wvw and noticed the decay changed a bit over the course of a few hours.

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

How could you lose with 2 thieves? Thieves are OP you know?

GOOD BYE

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

There goes another one!

Way to go, OP, and don’t look back!