GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

I sit here 2 years after GW1 demise, thinking to myself.. Man I miss those days.

The days when you actually needed to have a team to do anything good, sure it was elitist a little, sure it was hard to make it within the top 50 guilds (100 at its peak) sure it was hard to hold halls of heroes for more than 1 round, and teams ganking each other, and forming alliances.. But my god it was good, and sucked 1000’s of hours from my life..

I dont want to slate the PVP on guildwars 2, if you enjoy it then cool. if it was a new game, i might enjoy it but this was a sequel to GW1, and i was expecting something like GW1….

My question is this.. is there any other game that has anything like Heroes Ascent? GVG? i dont want a button bashing PVP experience.

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I miss random arena the most, then fa

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

I miss the challenging and competitive feel GW1 gave me.
Enjoyed PvP for years (and sometimes still log on but not much is going on any more).

Really miss those times a lot.
The spot that GW1 filled my heart with is now empty and I often keep looking at this game and wonder why they ditched everything that made GW1 PvP so amazing…

Hopefully a game close to GW1 PvP will come out, I will play it soooo much.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Me. All of it. Everything, even heroes :/

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

I miss king of the hill mode in team arena. GvG also. Wonder why thee is no gvg in gw2…

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

There’s 2 threads a week on this, and never any comments by a developer. Yet some random dude goes and starts a thread asking for a MOBA-like gamemode, and the thread gets 10 ANet replies…

Guys, I know the majority of you still at ANet never worked on GW1. Possibly never even played GW1. But there’s a substantial number of your customers that played that game and bought GW2 solely on the strength of GW1’s pvp.

Now, I’m not gonna say you’re obliged to cater to these people simply because they gave you money and are repeat customers. Nor am I gonna whine that you kittened these people over, as GW2 offers a lot more than spvp and in most of those other areas it’s vastly superior to what GW1 offered. You have to do what’s best for the game, even if a portion of the playerbase don’t like it.

But OMFG you guys: doesn’t the fact that YOU HAVE so many customers who bought GW2 on the strength of GW1’s pvp tell you that YOU HAD SOMETHING GOOD THERE? That copying some of GW1’s systems and gamemodes MIGHT BE GOOD FOR THE GAME? It’s 2 years after the release of GW2 and there’s still people coming on here reminiscing about Heroes’ Ascent and GvG. This should tell you something! Other than the fact that the internet is full of moaners that is

I know it’s not trivial to implement and you can’t just “give it a try” and see if it works, but the writing’s been on the wall for pvp for over a year now. Giving us better rewards was a great first step, but if the game is repetitive and unfun all the imaginary gold in the world isn’t enough to keep people going.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

To be fair to the devs..

They probably don’t comment because anything other than

“We’re releasing HA/GvG and it’s coming out on X”

Is going to upset all the GW1 vets in one way or another

Sure we could discuss it’s development, but if they did it would pretty much have to be developed from that point onwards. MOBAs are still a wildcard; nobody knows if they would/could release them. The devs are also most likely far less experienced with MOBAs than some of the players here, unlike more traditional game types were they already have QA resources in place.

/fanboyout

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

GW1 - who misses HA/GVG

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Huh? I’d be doing backflips for joy! Are you being sarcastic? Cause you know we can’t hear the tone of your voice, right? :p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.