GW2 Current States as eSports

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

check attached screenshot.
It just cannot be esports game anymore.

We have realized and learned from anet that there shouldn’t be any buy2win Stuffs for esports game, which should be equalized and balanced and have diversity, but, this is the result since the game become buy2win.

Wow such a huge drop. Before Hot, around this time of holiday, gw2 normally had 1500+ viewers but now..

Even kittening Mario 64 pwned gw2.
This is kinda serious as esports game (viewer number is the most important for esports games), anet really need to do something at this rate to re-vitalize their game.

Hope they will!

Attachments:

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Oh wow.
Runescape is beating Black Desert for viewers.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

After today, looks right to me.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in PvP

online.1278

Yeah, anet really need to do something. Hope they will.

My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

nah its a joke………………………………………………….

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

keep ignoring your community arenanet, see how that keeps working out for ya.

in PvP

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

Lets see what balance changes and PR comments they have to save grace after new years first. You can’t just release this mess and not communicate AND expect your game to be successful.

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Lets see what balance changes and PR comments they have to save grace after new years first. You can’t just release this mess and not communicate AND expect your game to be successful.

Their PR comments are likely going to be along the lines of:
“We were more concerned about WvW for the first time in literally ever”

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

Does it really matter what comments Anet makes when they’ve been proven liars?
They said elites builds will be an alternative to core builds and wont be a direct upgrade. Well guess what? The only class this is true for is Warriors and that’s why nobody plays them in this current “meta”.

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Does it really matter what comments Anet makes when they’ve been proven liars?
They said elites builds will be an alternative to core builds and wont be a direct upgrade. Well guess what? The only class this is true for is Warriors and that’s why nobody plays them in this current “meta”.

Many/most semi-competitive (lol) builds for warrior use Berserker too. Just an example of how bad base warrior is right now.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

isnt that summoners war thing a mobile phone game?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

online.1278

isnt that summoners war thing a mobile phone game?

yeah. Rekt by mobile game even?

Seriosuly this game starts from deleting celestial ammy.

Every class & job in this game should be kill-able in 1vs1, including bunker & supporter class. (but they have to have more supporting skills like pulling ally while Bunker job should be deleted even) It is just boring and not funny in terms of viewer’s perspective.

And that’s why twitch viewer numbers has been decreasing, i guess.

(edited by online.1278)

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Well the meta is boring for the players
I can’t even imagine what it’s like for viewers. Beside, how do you want players to support whatever GW2 esports Anet wants to establish , when they feel shafted and ignored on the whole line…
GG Anet, you,re focusing so much on that pro league, that even the 1% you’re cattering about is leaving the game.
SLOW CLAP

in PvP

online.1278

https://youtu.be/9JXgB4PD9zk
02:40 ~ 3:00

This is one of many ways how supporter class could be designed.

Since the game is not RTS but 3rd person camera view, the most exciting for the twitch viewer is mostly about watching dueling between famous players that can be happened in capture point.

Thus most of classes should be kill-able to make its game funnier to viewers, not like current un-killable metas.

This is why i mentioned why anet need to start from deleting celestial ammy first.

1vs1 dueling video: see from 1:10
https://youtu.be/DDMaJmtzGgw

This kinda thing is what viewers want to watch, probly, at least more than cheesy teamfight at capture point.

(edited by online.1278)

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

What baffles me is how small this company and community are, and we are still running around playing the kittening game of corporate communication bullkitten.

Everything is “Anets never wrong, the community just isn’t playing the game right!”

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Speaking of Super Smash Bros. Brawl is Little Mac getting introduced? He’d be overpowered like nobody’s business because he beat Mike Tyson. Even Solid Snake feels OP enough canon-wise compared to the others.

in PvP

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

I think they should just sell the company before the ship goes down, perhaps a fresh start with competent management may save this game. Look at what professional sports teams do when they mess up season after season. The coach usually gets fired first as most of the responsibility is his to rally the troops and get them to follow a plan. If the plan is flawed from the get go, the general manager will get fired. Too many bad seasons and loss of fan base and ticket sales, well time to sell the team!

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

With this ridiculous bunker meta, it was bound to happen. It’s so kittening boring to watch and play.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Oh god, GW2 is beating Black Desert for viewers.

GG Black Desert devs, you sux.

Attachments:

in PvP

Zetsumei.4975

Speaking of Super Smash Bros. Brawl is Little Mac getting introduced? He’d be overpowered like nobody’s business because he beat Mike Tyson. Even Solid Snake feels OP enough canon-wise compared to the others.

Yeah hasnt smash 4 been out for a while now? He’s debuting in there, they balanced it by making him weak in aerial combat and a beast on the ground.

Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Zetsumei.4975

Well I guess itll be a different story when it launches in eu/na :P

Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Well I guess itll be a different story when it launches in eu/na :P

1. Korean MMOs almost never become huge in NA/EU.
2. There are already NA players streaming it.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Yeah hasnt smash 4 been out for a while now? He’s debuting in there, they balanced it by making him weak in aerial combat and a beast on the ground.

Hey, I thought I’d join this conversation since I’ve pretty muchleft GW2 to focus on getting better at smash 4, since I just wanted to play something that required actual thought and skill and had a better community.

As for little mac, he’s considered mid tier at best with a strong ground game, but weak everywhere else with poor aerials and poor recovery. Cloud from final fantasy, who was just added to the game plays a lot like little mac, but way better in most ways. His ground game isn’t quite as strong, but his aerials are fantastic since his n-air and b-air autocancel (no landing lag) and he can get really early kills with limit breaks, however his recovery is about as weak as little macs (no horizontal at all) and his grab game doesn’t have a lot of followups but he’s heavier and overall a better character, despite having a similar playstyle.

I think its intersting because smash 4 is actual one of the best balanced competitve games I’ve played. Yes shiek and mario and pikach and ZSS are the top tier seen in tournaments, but if you play well you can make the bottom tiers like wii fit trainer and zelda work well, unlike in GW2 where if you don’t play a super meta bunker or super DPS revenant, you’re basically a liability that gimps yourself. Also you actually have to press buttons at the right time, unlike this game where you spam sustain and spam AoE CC on a point until your team wins.

Anyway thats just how I felt… also bayonetta being announced for smash got me extra hyped.

Also xenoblade chronicles X is getting a lot of views on twitch too and its not competitve at all, and to be honest, its probably the best RPG I’ve ever played. It’s gameplay is derivative of PvE in MMOs but focuses on exploration and makes actual MMOs look like dated and limited by comparison.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I’m surprised GW2 is being beaten by summoners war and tibia. Tibia is literally a text based game that’s as old as some of us here.

in PvP

online.1278

I think they should just sell the company before the ship goes down, perhaps a fresh start with competent management may save this game. Look at what professional sports teams do when they mess up season after season. The coach usually gets fired first as most of the responsibility is his to rally the troops and get them to follow a plan. If the plan is flawed from the get go, the general manager will get fired. Too many bad seasons and loss of fan base and ticket sales, well time to sell the team!

No. not yet. That is too pathetic.

Gw2 still has viewer between 800~300 rate. they still have a chance to get back to 1000+ viewers line.

They should do something before BnS release to recover. But i think that is like, last chance. You know.

in PvP

Zetsumei.4975

Tibia is literally a text based game that’s as old as some of us here.

LOL seriously? wow..

Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It’s ironic, what killed Guild Wars 2 for an Esport is Guild Wars 2 TRYING to be an Esport.

Guild Wars 2 can still make it back if they actually fix problems.

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Nova:

How?

How can they revert the damage?

Announcing a 15 pages nerf list for HoT elite specs?
Reseting the MMR?
Deleting the DesertBL’s and remake the Alpines?
Deleting the 40% of the ammies/runes from PvP?

Reverting half of their one year work and sending an apologise-email to everyone who already left?

No chance….

They won1t do it… And I tell you why…

You can rely on them that you cannot rely on them….

Any other company would at least collect data from my feedback…

Here they delete my post to make their data collecting better….

They said the next season will be better… they announced a patch for Wvw as well…

WHY WAIT?

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

WHY WAIT?

Because they aren’t paid for making game enjoyable, but for “developing it”, why would they rush anything if their payment isn’t based on it?

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

lol, you make a good point. People in charge of combat and PvP need to step down. They need skilled combat designers that exceed in design and mechanical design.

It doesn’t just hurt PvP, it hurts raids as well. If they balance a lot of the broken aspects, raids could become unbeatable depending on what was changed. Whoever designed raids to be a giant DPS check simply hurt the game, they made a bad design.

In the end, someone or some group in ArenaNet are simply failing. Now the game is hurting for their failures.

in PvP

Aggrostemma.1703

Thank you Morwath I see now…

Why do any work if the “phat moni” comes after achieved goals?

They might have given a three month time to “fix” ESPORTS….

So February it is!

Unfortunately I won’t be here at that time…. I’ll be busy watching Twitch I guess…

Or maybe not.

#I no words have"

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

WHY WAIT?

Because they aren’t paid for making game enjoyable, but for “developing it”, why would they rush anything if their payment isn’t based on it?

Actually that isn’t 100% true, depending on the publisher a good game could equal more money.

That and no one wants to make bad art. Guild Wars 2 has some of the most beautiful environments of any game, even compared to today’s AAA games, Guild Wars 2 is amazingly pretty, smooth and thoughtfully designed environments and enemies.

I wish I could say the same for other things.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

check attached screenshot.
It just cannot be esports game anymore.

We have realized and learned from anet that there shouldn’t be any buy2win Stuffs for esports game, which should be equalized and balanced and have diversity, but, this is the result since the game become buy2win.

Wow such a huge drop. Before Hot, around this time of holiday, gw2 normally had 1500+ viewers but now..

Even kittening Mario 64 pwned gw2.
This is kinda serious as esports game (viewer number is the most important for esports games), anet really need to do something at this rate to re-vitalize their game.

Hope they will!

MMOs don’t do well on Twitch. Of the GW2’s streamers who are popular, PvP streamers are the most popular and unfortunately 90% of that time is spent streaming waiting in queue in Heart of the Mist…. If PvP in GW2 had a stand alone client and if there were entertaining things to do/watch while waiting. It would shoot up in the charts. If it were well balanced and the meta made more entertaining and we had a stand alone client, I believe we would see it in the top 5 on Twitch.

It’s frustrating because the PvP in this game has so much potential and it’s blocked by several things from reaching that potential.

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Nova:

How?

How can they revert the damage?

Announcing a 15 pages nerf list for HoT elite specs?
Reseting the MMR?
Deleting the DesertBL’s and remake the Alpines?
Deleting the 40% of the ammies/runes from PvP?

Reverting half of their one year work and sending an apologise-email to everyone who already left?

No chance….

They won1t do it… And I tell you why…

You can rely on them that you cannot rely on them….

Any other company would at least collect data from my feedback…

Here they delete my post to make their data collecting better….

They said the next season will be better… they announced a patch for Wvw as well…

WHY WAIT?

“WHY WAIT?”

I know this is new for people who’ve only known the public sector for their entire lives.

But actual work takes time.
Especially when your work expands across what are, when we’re honest with ourselves, 3 different products.

WvW is a completely different beast from PvP and PvE.
And swap those 3 however you want, it’ll remain true.

The bunker specs that work so well in PvP?
Don’t exist in WvW.

Hell, MOST of the elite specs aren’t used in WvW.

Most mesmers aren’t running Chrono, they’re running PU and veil.
Most necros aren’t running reaper, they’re going with traditional necro wells.
Guards are still running front line specs, same as warriors.

The only real addition to the GWEN line-up, is revenant.

Roaming wise you see lots of power revs, zerker tempest, condi mesmer, oh and D/P thief.

I can understand why upper management chose 4 seasonal patches instead of iterated patches for PvP.
Because THEY HAVE A LOT OF kitten TO FIX.

in PvP

Aggrostemma.1703

@TheOneWhoSighs:

Thank you for not calling me an idiot! I’m absolutely aware that developing a game takes time just like everything else.

Here is an example for you. No offence I just try to make my point clear…

If you make a new part with a shiny new tool with a CNC machine:
-first you check some outer informations. What is the tool capable of? Feed rate? Spindle speed?
-then you run some simulations to check some of the results (broken inserts/tools/dead operators, etc…)
-then you make a trial run with wax so if the sad kitty hits the fan the damage is minimal
-then you try the whole process with normal materials/tools but you absolutely need an operator to stay with the machine, stick to it and alter/finetune anything if necessary. Some damage may occur (broken inserts) but he can save the material and the tool by stopping the whole process and adjust some parameters even if the supplier said : “this tool can do this and that…”

I hope you get my point (no offence really)

The damage control is important in every industry not just in videogames.

#I no words have"