GW2 PVP Worst I have ever played.

in PvP

Posted by: Coffee.6394

Coffee.6394

People, people, people. Patience.

I’m sure that right now folks are hard-at-work getting ready for the valentines’ day event, and also the easter event. sPvP will get fit in somewhere, likely be addressed sometime between the cinco-de-mayo event, and the Tyrian unity event in July. If you bought this game last August, you should have known that the focus would be largely on mini’s and mini-games for the first year or so. In the meantime, go buy some gems and get some adorable mini’s. See if you can get a mistletoe focus skin, or the giant candy-cane staff skin. Maybe go grind some ascended gear so you can be more competitive in WvW, or just wait out of the next tier of gear to be introduced sometime during the easter event to keep you grinding. Not to mention all the other wonderful adorable cutesie things coming out between now and July.

sPvP doesn’t get people buying gems. Until it does, sPvP will take a backseat role to mini’s, snowball fights, and baby quaggans.

first of all, $%@& VALENTINE’S DAY. js…

second of all, i agree that pvp in GW2 is horrid. my personal beef here is that this game was supposed to be an extension and improvement over what its precursor was.

guild wars 2 was put on the table as a concept due to the team not being able to expand upon the game they had created at that point with the limitations they had with the way that game worked. we were gonna get an ancient south-american type of campaign but instead we got guild wars 2.

compared to GW, even early GW, the PvP aspect of this game is a pretty big step back and not forward. it’s a disappointment when many had loved guild wars pvp and played the hell out of it obsessively.

in my eyes, patience only goes so far when guild wars started its decline years before this past august. that and we are getting stale bread when gw1 pvp was a 7 course meal.

i blame laziness.

in PvP

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Don’t think it’s laziness, think they’ve just seen the failure of many great MMOs who have done excellent jobs hitting niches (like Warhammer for large-scale RvR/WvW, for an example).

Copy WoW’s McDonaldland approach with enough guildwarsiness to placate GW1 players and make it free to play…. seems like a recipe for an MMO that is a safe bet?

Reason we’re trolling these forums (or if you wanna be kind, trying to turn it into OUR personal version of the perfect game) is because sadly there’s nowhere better to go unless you want to invest 20 bucks a month in 10 year old and/or dying games.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

SWTOR – Huttball, The fighting is going to be where the ball is, or in middle, The Map is frankly the best designed Structured Map seen in an MMO to date.

Ugh. You are one of them. I absolutely hated Huttball. The map was designed horribly for regular random group play. If you even had a partial premade it was a HUGE advantage because of the way the map was designed and because certain classes were a massive boon on that map. It’s also insanely boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

SWTOR – Huttball, The fighting is going to be where the ball is, or in middle, The Map is frankly the best designed Structured Map seen in an MMO to date.

Ugh. You are one of them. I absolutely hated Huttball. The map was designed horribly for regular random group play. If you even had a partial premade it was a HUGE advantage because of the way the map was designed and because certain classes were a massive boon on that map. It’s also insanely boring.

Huttball was the best ‘e-sportish’ MMO pvp design to come out in a long time. I loved it. I also solo queued the majority of the time and at best had a 3-man going into it.

Also premades are supposed to stomp pugs.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

PvP in GW2 is inferior to Aion, Rift and even SWTOR.

You get what you pay for

There is no sub so you pay $60 whereas in the others after a year you have paid say $150.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Huttball was the best ‘e-sportish’ MMO pvp design to come out in a long time. I loved it. I also solo queued the majority of the time and at best had a 3-man going into it.

Also premades are supposed to stomp pugs.

Yes, e-sportish… yet it was in a random queue for pick up groups. That was the problem with it. Sure, premades generally beat pugs, but in Huttball the gap was exagerated insanely.

in PvP

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

PvP in GW2 is inferior to Aion,

I really don’t understand anyone saying that. Aion was never even close to balanced, it had:

• no real reaction based combat, you couldn’t avoid skills/attacks 95% of the time when you saw them coming (except gliding fear which was an unintended bug btw)
  • huge gear gaps
  • ridiculous passive defensive stats (~60-80% magic resist chance, block/parry chance)
  • ridiculous RNG (Stunning Shot, godstones, random resists)
  • sorcs (aka. IWIN combo)
  • SMs (aka. instantfear…LOL 3 other fears, 20s+ fear uptime)
  • getting ganked while your only, 1min CD stunbreak isn’t available (silence or cooldown)
  • long kitten cooldowns making enemies win just because you don’t have anything for the next 3 minutes
  • PvP ‘content’ and patches were published every 6-12 months
  • zero build diversity (you either went for block/m.resist abusing or burst or both)

(edited by Aleth.9630)

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

It doesn’t matter what map you play, chances are if you have a premade vs a pug its going to = win for the Premade….Though even with a pug in Huttball you could still score like crazy with certain classes…..

Huttball was fun if you won or lost… Nothing is remotely fun about the SPvP maps in this game.

As for classes being a boon on the map, I learned real quick that Certain Classes were absolutely amazing in pug play, however in rated play, every class sort of had a use… Snipers and Pyro Powertech’s for example sucked at running the ball, But absolutely were brutal in the center of the map and that’s how you really won Huttball, by holding the center.

If you held the center, you got the ball first everytime, which means you were on Offense at all times..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

First of all, I love how you name 3 mainstream MMO’s then add “and so on” into the list. Let me guess, you’ve played 3-4 MMO’s in your lifetime and PvP’ed casually… am i right?

GW2 PvP isn’t perfect but it’s not the worst. They are tweaking things as they go and from what I can see, they are doing a good job.

Just because you are bad at the game, doesn’t mean ArenaNet is doing something wrong, because if they were, all the tournaments wouldn’t be played now would they? all the top-PvP players right now understand the game mechanics, and they aren’t broken as much as you say they are.

I also noticed in this thread, people saying the combat is too slow… why? because you choke when the fight has lasted 5 seconds?

Get some skill, this isn’t WoW where you can always kill someone in a matter of seconds, or even worse, a GCD.

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

I played AION, rift and swtor. and Imo gw 2 pvp is better than any of those games however i do hate the fact that heart of the mist feels like is a different game except maybe for dyes..

It almost felt like that this game pvp has so much potential, but the devs didn’t seem to take their opportunity on improving this game. Most people end up leaving and even selling their account because they are tired of waiting..

On the positive side, its a good thing that this game is b2p so i can always come back and take a break.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlantiscalz.8205

Atlantiscalz.8205

Any game in which a player can be burst down in 2-3 seconds w/o assisting dps is bad design and GW2 is full of such examples. Once your out of dodge rolls thats a possibility until it regens. The problem is made far worse with WVW.

There is no need to assist or even use CC to burst someone down in this game. Its trash pvp with a gem store. Grats if your still playing this garbage.

Actually your far from right on this topic, only few classes can even do that, you how much more fun this game would be if people did both group and find someone solo to fight instead of being in some mindless zerge just pressing buttons.

Guild Wars 2 PvP=

Hardly any cooperation
Whoever has the biggest zerge wins
Absolutely no skill involved
No assisting
Lack of class balance
Horrid Reward system
Nothing to the slight bit solo
Redundant maps

As to why that didn’t put world verse world as a open as the pve server is beyond my understanding, that would have allowed player of all level to actually fight in a much larger sized scale with the added bonus of sneak attacks in groups or being solo.

in PvP

Coffee.6394

It almost felt like that this game pvp has so much potential, but the devs didn’t seem to take their opportunity on improving this game. Most people end up leaving and even selling their account because they are tired of waiting..

effing THIS. nail on the head. i’ll add that all that potential means precisely nyerk if it goes without being realized.

in the meantime, i’ll stick to playing nexon games (DN/Vindi) because they are more FUN.

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.3156

Alex.3156

I have played alot ot pvp games i can tell u gw2 is the only one who needs skills to win. So for all the people who doesnt stop whining, pls go back to wow. U have no work here. U are just used to farm a few months for your gear and in pvp to do nothing. And as for the missing of a mana i think in the other mmo games when u have farmed well, your mana doesnt run off anyway, so why do u need it in a first place ?

in PvP

Coffee.6394

I have played alot ot pvp games i can tell u gw2 is the only one who needs skills to win. So for all the people who doesnt stop whining, pls go back to wow. U have no work here. U are just used to farm a few months for your gear and in pvp to do nothing. And as for the missing of a mana i think in the other mmo games when u have farmed well, your mana doesnt run off anyway, so why do u need it in a first place ?

guild wars 1 was the same as far as being skill based, only it was a lot better. don’t assume you’re talking to people who have no clue plz. do you have one?

in PvP

Atlantiscalz.8205

You must not played as many as you say you have, this game take’s absolutely no skill to win. Frankly it’s not even really winning. Unless you call out zerging the next side skill, or are you making reference to the battleground system where you hold a spot and any team with common sense execute’s targets assisting. What skill is that when it comes down to being a player alone?

in PvP

Alex.3156

Haha u are so funny. The only MMO games that are good are gw and wow. Good for playing, everything els is a trash. And this is not only my opinion just look what happened with the games. This is known by everyone. So your only ground to compare gw2 is wow or gw1. I read on some of the coments that arena wants to tkae your money. This was even more funny when most of the MMO games are paytowin or u have to pay mountly. I dont know how mutch have u play GW2 but i think is not mutch. So dont put coments here when u are ignorant about the theme!! Ou and BTW wow is loosing alot of players right now. What is this even mean ??

in PvP

Coffee.6394

^ troll, noob or both. meh. anyway, we’ll see. my money is on an actually good mmorpg being released within the next year or two incorporating many of the combat mechanics seen in gw2 (they aren’t original to this game btw), but with options etc. to spice it up…

in PvP

Atlantiscalz.8205

Haha u are so funny. The only MMO games that are good are gw and wow. Good for playing, everything els is a trash. And this is not only my opinion just look what happened with the games. This is known by everyone. So your only ground to compare gw2 is wow or gw1. I read on some of the coments that arena wants to tkae your money. This was even more funny when most of the MMO games are paytowin or u have to pay mountly. I dont know how mutch have u play GW2 but i think is not mutch. So dont put coments here when u are ignorant about the theme!! Ou and BTW wow is loosing alot of players right now. What is this even mean ??

Did I ever say I played WoW? No, I don’t think so, assumptions are not facts. I laid down facts. If this game wasn’t free the population would not be even remotely what it is right now. You might need to think outside the box, you are mighty hung up on what you do in this game takes any kind of hardcore skill to execute. Then again you will never know the meaning of that as long as you stay in a crowd. This game is still in it’s baby stages, has yet to make a foundation at all. So you comparing games that have stood up to the test of time isn’t even relevant. Also try to be mature, name calling is a bit childish don’t you think?

(edited by Atlantiscalz.8205)

in PvP

Alex.3156

U have to play one of the other mmo games i quoted to compare gw2 with them. Otherwise your statement is not authentically. And since GW2 is a beter version of GW1 i assumed u have played wow. And since u didnt even played wow i can assumed again that u have very low pvp skills in gw2, thats why u wrote this thinks. I seggest u play a bit more and the write here. Good luck!

in PvP

Atlantiscalz.8205

I have played other mmo’s to compare. No this is not like gw1 in many different levels. Why would I say this game is mindless if I was having a problem with it? The problem is it’s to easy. You sir are back into a corner because obviously the only thing you can relate to beside’s this game is WoW. You have 0 arguments or facts to back up anything you say, I assume you just troll. Don’t blame the community because you like simple mode repetitive PvP system. When you can come up with one logical theory of how this game display any type of individual skill set, please feel free to type it. When you can explain to me how zerging in mass numbers require’s skill please do that too.

in PvP

Alex.3156

The only think that gw1 has was pvp. And i remember they change it a few times. If u mean zerging 100vs1 yes the 1 player loose 100%. But my experience shows me different. Watch a few clips in youtube to see how less people are wining against “zerg” . And u are talking about the game like pvp is the only think it has. And the pvp in gw was so wooden. I remember fight for 15 min without anyone dying. This is no fun. The game is still at the begining they will add more things in pvp. The pvp in gw1 was only a good idea, with they have to translate a part of it in gw2.