GW2 PvP doesn't require enough skill to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Reduce all damage to zero CD/Zero initiative skills to 500 every half second or 1k every second without crit. Especially Nerf all Auto attacks to 500 damage *Limit without crit and limited to 3 stacks of bleeding. If these spam-able skills are less effective the game is less spam-able and dodging is more impactful.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

agreed. hate the passive defense and also the condi spam which usually consists of boring skills. I think a lot of the problem is using all the universal boons and conditions, as opposed to the gw1 system of enchantments, regen, hexes and conditions. Idk for some reason it makes it more bland because there is less variety or flavor for each profession, but also because it results in stacking the same boons on everyone and idk I don’t like it. You could balance things individually for each class then instead of nerfing or buffing a condition/boon and it affects certain classes differently.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Totally wrong.

The PvP is too complicated and too difficult for most and thus fails to attract a larger audience.

I know this thread is pretty dated…It’s funny some people here think spamming skills against top players would work out for them.

Haha. Yeah. As someone who regularly fights and has fought the very best GW2 players, I’m constantly mindboggled by the things that can be accomplished at the very highest levels of rotation/matchup knowledge, and highest ability of timing skills vs. spamming/rotating skills.

There is an insane, unfathomable gap between the best PvP players and players who have picked up meta builds and simply learned the skill rotations. Compared to games like DOTA, the effectiveness gap is much smaller, but it’s still huge in GW2.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Lot of people play to relax. I particularly detest the idea of winning by running or jumping, or press-button race.

Not to mention that the animations of the skills are terrible. In other games, where Pvp is skills based and have almost nothing passive, at least the skill cast seem more “solid” with consequences. The animations are clear and impactful. GW2 seems to have some problem detecting collisions (note how 2 players can occupy the same space), so CC controls skills seem to be based on AoE and pass on that impression of spam.

The game would be extremely annoying if the OP suggestions were implemented.