GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

A picture says 1000 words.

Attachments:

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

???

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

fuster cluck surrounded by glowy particle effects

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

wait wait…let me put this throgh photoshop filters. i think i see morph of moa telegraph, i might need my blind.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

And as helseth said, the first thing you’d do (And have done) is spam your aoe on the point. Dis game…

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

No, see the problem with this picture is that you still have skills off CD. What you should be doing is spamming everything on CD, and auto attacking in between. Because skill.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

???

Exactly.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

i think it helps if you play in Black&White mode.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

K check this out.

1 person just got stomped ( you can see dolyak finisher)
1 person is downed (you can see by the downed symbol above the corpse)
both of them are on your team ( because the downed symbols are blue)

You can see the enemy spirit ranger has his ult spirit up in case anybody on his team dies (unlikely because 2 of your teammates are already down)
And there is a mesmer on point which might mean backpoint is open (if of course you knew mesmer was playing backpoint defender)

This is a lot of good information, that can be gathered from a rather poorly positioned camera angle. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but I don’t think it’s much to complain about as a player. As a viewer? sure but honestly I dont give a kitten about the 200 people watching spvp. E-sports is over lets just have fun.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

I can understand the confusion but i was actually in this game, we were against 2 spirit rangers 2 mesmers and a bunker guardian, and it was impossible to see anything due to all the npcs covering the mid point. not to mention scrolling through targets like 10 times just to get to the right person. The point of this picture is too much clutter!!!

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

lol, you dont give up Lordrosicky?
now you create whine topic number 3 :P

first, i see a whining NECRO with nearly all skills rdy on this picture,
if you would spam your strong aoe condi dmg on point there would be no longer spirits or enemy players run around :P

then i see the target is on yoroshi and not on the rez spirit, so if you down him now he get rezed.
2 of your mates are downed, one is death, looks like you have lose the teamfight, but i just wonder why your mates are down and you the necro is still alive, because when they dont target you hard you should do rly hard dmg on point against enemy team.
but well, instead make dmg you have target the storm spirit without any reason,
its time to use your fear wall on point and ulti to win some time after your mates are death to cap back your homepoint :P

well at least you are blue team, looks like 5 blue players and 4 red players are in mid at this picture (but 2 blues down (tebula rasa and get grunted) one death (rambolina)), one red player is allrdy on your homepoint and have the decap.
looks like you get 3 caped if your 5. death player dont respawn fast enough :P

at least seriously if you lose because this to much animations, then you just have to practise more.
thats not much animations on this picture and because your old 2 spirit ranger qq topics, the spirit ranger is for sure not the reason for to much animations on point.
its same huge animations on a teamfight since beta till now, nothing changed

for the guys who cant target with mouse, you get the new target system soon,
so be happy

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

lol, you dont give up Lordrosicky?
now you create whine topic number 3 :P

first, i see a whining NECRO with nearly all skills rdy on this picture,
if you would spam your strong aoe condi dmg on point there would be no longer spirits or enemy players run around :P

then i see the target is on yoroshi and not on the rez spirit, so if you down him now he get rezed.
2 of your mates are downed, one is death, looks like you have lose the teamfight, but i just wonder why your mates are down and you the necro is still alive, because when they dont target you hard you should do rly hard dmg on point against enemy team.
but well, instead make dmg you have target the storm spirit without any reason,
its time to use your fear wall on point and ulti to win some time after your mates are death to cap back your homepoint :P

well at least you are blue team, looks like 5 blue players and 4 red players are in mid at this picture (but 2 blues down (tebula rasa and get grunted) one death (rambolina)), one red player is allrdy on your homepoint and have the decap.
looks like you get 3 caped if your 5. death player dont respawn fast enough :P

at least seriously if you lose because this to much animations, then you just have to practise more.
thats not much animations on this picture and because your old 2 spirit ranger qq topics, the spirit ranger is for sure not the reason for to much animations on point.
its same huge animations on a teamfight since beta till now, nothing changed

for the guys who cant target with mouse, you get the new target system soon,
so be happy

You infer alot from a picture lol.

The picture isn’t even as bad as it gets with spirit rangers. You literally can’t see anything.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

No, see the problem with this picture is that you still have skills off CD. What you should be doing is spamming everything on CD, and auto attacking in between. Because skill.

Almost. It isn’t true you should spam everything on cd as a necro. Not always anyway.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

K check this out.

You can see the enemy spirit ranger has his ult spirit up in case anybody on his team dies (unlikely because 2 of your teammates are already down)
And there is a mesmer on point which might mean backpoint is open (if of course you knew mesmer was playing backpoint defender)

This is a lot of good information, that can be gathered from a rather poorly positioned camera angle. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but I don’t think it’s much to complain about as a player. As a viewer? sure but honestly I dont give a kitten about the 200 people watching spvp. E-sports is over lets just have fun.

can u do that in 0.5 sec?

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Attachments:

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

K check this out.

the teams who see such tings more fast and react to them win.

rez spirit is easy and fast to see
when ppls down is easy and fast to see
a finisher is also fast to see

to know the backpoint defer is in mid is also not so hard when the team always say how much players on the points.

when 5 players play in teamspeak and every player have eyes and can speak, then such things can be handle for sure fast and good.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

K check this out.

the teams who see such tings more fast and react to them win.

rez spirit is easy and fast to see
when ppls down is easy and fast to see
a finisher is also fast to see

to know the backpoint defer is in mid is also not so hard when the team always say how much players on the points.

when 5 players play in teamspeak and every player have eyes and can speak, then such things can be handle for sure fast and good.

Mr pro! Good of you to drop in my thread again.

The point isnt any of this. The point is that seeing what is going on it hard in such scenarios and it shouldnt be.

Owned.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

HappinessFactory.4910

My brain might take a little bit more than a half a second to realize the situation, but it registers pretty quick TBH.

When I play with teams the first thing I do is get a head count of the enemy at any given location. (mostly because if we see 5 mid we can go back cap but for other reasons as well). The large elite spirit is actually rather easy to see as soon as it’s used and focusing it before it can actually rez anybody is usually a good idea (although if you can count on someone to interrupt it then dont bother).

When friendlies go down they should call out on VOIP and if you have none it’s still pretty easy to see. You should always see when an enemy goes down because you should always be focusing what your teammates are focusing. BUT even if you’re not the red marker above the body STILL makes it easy to point out.

All of this should register almost as soon as it happens. The things I wish were more visible are guardian cooldowns (but that might be because I never play guardian so I have no idea why they’re going invulnerable over and over again) but that’s very minor and probably would have little impact on how I would play the game.

The point isnt any of this. The point is that seeing what is going on it hard in such scenarios and it shouldnt be.

Owned.

It’s easy to see these things as they are happening as the necro you should have been able to see all of the stuff we were able to point out in your picture quite clearly if you were paying attention.

Onlookers without reasonable GW2 experience might think “wtf is goin on?” and not understand what all of the animations mean. But if you play the game and put a few hours on each class this stuff should be apparent.

(edited by HappinessFactory.4910)

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I can tell you exactly what’s going on in this picture i 0.5 seconds : you’re losing lol.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

My brain might take a little bit more than a half a second to realize the situation, but it registers pretty quick TBH.

When I play with teams the first thing I do is get a head count of the enemy at any given location. (mostly because if we see 5 mid we can go back cap but for other reasons as well). The large elite spirit is actually rather easy to see as soon as it’s used and focusing it before it can actually rez anybody is usually a good idea (although if you can count on someone to interrupt it then dont bother).

When friendlies go down they should call out on VOIP and if you have none it’s still pretty easy to see. You should always see when an enemy goes down because you should always be focusing what your teammates are focusing. BUT even if you’re not the red marker above the body STILL makes it easy to point out.

All of this should register almost as soon as it happens. The things I wish were more visible are guardian cooldowns (but that might be because I never play guardian so I have no idea why they’re going invulnerable over and over again) but that’s very minor and probably would have little impact on how I would play the game.

Owned.

It’s easy to see these things as they are happening as the necro you should have been able to see all of the stuff we were able to point out in your picture quite clearly if you were paying attention.

Onlookers without reasonable GW2 experience might think “wtf is goin on?” and not understand what all of the animations mean. But if you play the game and put a few hours on each class this stuff should be apparent.

Well I have many times where I cannot understand what is going on at a team fight and have to resort to spam. And I have played alot of GW2, have had 2 accounts in the top 10 on solo q (at the same time). Currently have 2 accounts in the top 100, win about 65-70% of my solo q matches. So if EVEN I sometimes have to resort to spamming on a point then what chance do other players have?

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

HappinessFactory.4910

Well I have many times where I cannot understand what is going on at a team fight and have to resort to spam. And I have played alot of GW2, have had 2 accounts in the top 10 on solo q (at the same time). Currently have 2 accounts in the top 100, win about 65-70% of my solo q matches. So if EVEN I sometimes have to resort to spamming on a point then what chance do other players have?

The reason why you’re resorting to spam is because nothing is going on, nobody is downed, no large game changing elites are being used (elite spirit, time warp). Which happens to be most of the time. And this is is solo queue, you cannot coordinate any of your abilities without VOIP.

When it comes to tpvp even my ranger isn’t just 1111111111. I can time my spirit when someone says “I’m goin down ohkitten#8221;, I can use my storm spirit and bonfire on a downed enemy as soon as I see them drop. I can use my shortbow 5 to interrupt an enemy spirit rez or even a standard rez. I can even use my wolf fear if I am or someone else is getting stomped. I can do all of that on the most spammable class in the game.

Necro has wayyyyy more utility than rangers with all of that fear and damage, I only play ele/warrior/ranger so I dont know the specifics but there are things you can do in almost any given situation. You don’t get to spam 111111 like I do buster. I’m calling your bluff.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

fuster cluck surrounded by glowy particle effects

This isn’t even a particularly cluster-kitteny picture. Busy, yes, but not truly indicative of how cluttered a screen can realistically get. I’ve experienced way worse.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

I dont feel that bad about my game now.
Most of the time all that register is a flux of rainbow flushes. I’m luck if I get to target low hp guy.

GW2 in pictures

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Good thing I never play with less than 2800 armor on warrior and 2700 on engi.

And that I use Longbow/Greatsword, or Bomb kit.

Good thing that, with some knowledge, I can build to solve the problems my reaction time can’t solve.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself